• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spotted on Ebay

I was interested in the accompanying letter from Dave Smith appearing to be defending criticism of a sub-standard programme due to low print runs.

In that case, how come the one I bought last night at the Essex Senior Cup match was 200% better value than the normal league one - admittedly less glossy but so what.

Is it me, or do players' autographs in general seem a lot more legible 25 years ago than they are today...?!

rock.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 19 2005,20:39)]Is it me, or do players' autographs in general seem a lot more legible 25 years ago than they are today...?!

rock.gif
tounge.gif
It's yer modan educashun, bleedin disgrase if yer arsk me, they don't teach em nuffink -bleedin iletarate na, de lot of em just tipe everyfink on de PC so they carnt tell won end off a pen from da uvver.

A list of names to set the pulses racing though! Cold wet Friday nights under the floodlights and going EXPECTING to win every match - only home defeat all season was against Hereford in some mickymouse cup competition
tounge.gif
Fortress Roots Hall indeed. Happy days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 19 2005,16:37)]Linky

The whole teams signatures on SUFC headed paper, currently a fiver.
I have something similar to this but from a few years earlier.

It is the entire squads autographs on club headed paper but has the old club logo of SUFC in the shape of a football boot.

I think most of the same players have signed it.

That football boot logo was classic retro shrimpers action. On a t-shirt now please (fat chance).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 20 2005,01:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 19 2005,20:39)]Is it me, or do players' autographs in general seem a lot more legible 25 years ago than they are today...?!

rock.gif
tounge.gif
It's yer modan educashun, bleedin disgrase if yer arsk me, they don't teach em nuffink -bleedin iletarate na, de lot of em just tipe everyfink on de PC so they carnt tell won end off a pen from da uvver.

A list of names to set the pulses racing though! Cold wet Friday nights under the floodlights and going EXPECTING to win every match - only home defeat all season was against Hereford in some mickymouse cup competition  
tounge.gif
Yep. Home league record for the season:-

P 23
W 19
D 4
L 0
F 47
A 6

Not bad eh? I was there for nearly all of them. Amazingly that was the season I decided to start collecting programmes! I have nearly all the home games that year, including the end of season souvenir one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Jan. 20 2005,12:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 20 2005,01:00)]
[b said:

rock.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif
Yep. Home league record for the season:-

P  23
W 19
D   4
L   0
F  47
A   6

Not bad eh? I was there for nearly all of them. Amazingly that was the season I decided to start collecting programmes! I have nearly all the home games that year, including the end of season souvenir one.
For further in interest, I sponsored Derek Spence's shirt that season and was duly presented with it at the end-of-season celebratory dinner/dance. Still got it at home. Believe he also played in a couple of NI internationals that season.

so my replica shirt and football signed by that squad may be worth something then?

b******s, looks like we nearly brought it to Wales, where it would have been very happy in its new home. But some "little" person nipped in at the end.
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Jan. 20 2005,17:27)]For further in interest, I sponsored Derek Spence's shirt that season and was duly presented with it at the end-of-season celebratory dinner/dance.  Still got it at home. Believe he also played in a couple of NI internationals that season.
Cool. We've got the Alan Moody stuff from the same season when my old man's company sponsored him...no way am I selling those.

Back