• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Im hoping to take my camera down there fairly regularly so may start some photo diary or something...

Im hoping to take my camera down there fairly regularly so may start some photo diary or something...

That is something those 2 dodgy builders were looking to do to provide our world-wide audience with up-dated photos after the dynamic response to the photos from the other week.

Hello! this is my first post on Shrimperzone but I'm a regular reader of the site. Sorry to start on a semi-negative!

I am very happy now FF has been given the go-ahead however will they start building whilst the Roots Hall development is still up in the air? I see this development has also been referred to the Secretary of State and we all know how painfully long it took them to decide on FF. If the Roots Hall plans got rejected I'm guessing this would have a knock-on effect on FF?

Hello! this is my first post on Shrimperzone but I'm a regular reader of the site. Sorry to start on a semi-negative!

I am very happy now FF has been given the go-ahead however will they start building whilst the Roots Hall development is still up in the air? I see this development has also been referred to the Secretary of State and we all know how painfully long it took them to decide on FF. If the Roots Hall plans got rejected I'm guessing this would have a knock-on effect on FF?

Welcome to the board :)

I believe it has been said in the past that the new stadium build could go ahead without the Roots Hall development and that the stadium would be built before the shopping facilities are built at Fossetts Farm. Either way I'm sure Ron knows what he's doing as a property developer and has said in the past that he's confident he can get the entire project through.

Isn't there some rule about the old shed on the site. Has to be free of bats etc and the remaining tree has some kind of condition on it?
Looks like a lot of clearance work has been done.
Hopefully see some activity soon. Thats when I'll believe its really happening!

Last I heard, the deal for the sale of part of the land required for FF had been agreed but still not yet signed as well. Rest assured this is happening, although I recognise people are anxious to see the machinery on site before they truly believe :)

ish ... they have started digging up Eastern Avenue at the junction of Bournemouth Park Road .. this will allow traffic from the seafront to go straight into FF rather than have to turn left and go up to the roundabout by Victory Sports Ground

Have they?? Been along there a few times recently, all that is going on is a load of gas or water pipe work & no road alterations.

Have they?? Been along there a few times recently, all that is going on is a load of gas or water pipe work & no road alterations.

I don't live in Southend and don't know what the situation is, but I believe that with a lot of road alterations the first thing that needs to be done is divert the gas and water pipes. Could it be that that is what is happening?

I don't live in Southend and don't know what the situation is, but I believe that with a lot of road alterations the first thing that needs to be done is divert the gas and water pipes. Could it be that that is what is happening?

No, the pipe work in Eastern Avenue is part of the large renewal scheme affecting most of Soutend & nothing to do with any road alterations for FF.

I wonder if we will get an update as to when the building work might start. Maybe there will be a massive article in Saturdays matchday programme??

No, the pipe work in Eastern Avenue is part of the large renewal scheme affecting most of Soutend & nothing to do with any road alterations for FF.
Fair enough. Maybe people were just looking for news where there isn't really any?
I wonder if we will get an update as to when the building work might start. Maybe there will be a massive article in Saturdays matchday programme??

You reckon?!!

Things will go quiet on the stadium front.........why you ask?..........hundreds of flats being built on RH and FF in the middle of a house market slump(set to slump even further) not being able to sell these properties is not an option in terms of financing etc, as many have said when heavy diggers and Building actually starts I will belive, until then listen to the silence from RM

Back