• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stadium update please!

Seems to be dragging on a bit. Click to enlarge.

DF0HlGCXYAACylM.jpg

Have today received from Southend Council letter dated 25th October advising that the application for Fossetts has been amended details of which are available to see online or at Civic Centre during the week.
Not sure what the the amendments are but it shows the development is over 3 phases.
the ref number is 17/00733/FULM

Have today received from Southend Council letter dated 25th October advising that the application for Fossetts has been amended details of which are available to see online or at Civic Centre during the week.
Not sure what the the amendments are but it shows the development is over 3 phases.
the ref number is 17/00733/FULM

If you read the document ‘Cover Letter’ dated 16th Oct it will show you the amendments. I don’t think it’s much to worry about but I did notice in my letter that the council are asking for further views and comments on the application which they will receive up to 8th Nov. I therefore doubt whether the application will be discussed in November. We will of course find out this morning as the agenda for the Development Control Committee November meeting is released.

As I thought, the application will not be discussed by the DCC on 7th November, so December it is then.

Yes, Fossetts Farm Scheme it is not on the list of plans up to be reviewed at the meeting to be held on the 7th November, so the next and last meeting in 2018 of the Development Control Committee is on the 12th December.

I wonder if Ron will get his wish and get a decision by Christmas? Lets hope Santa comes early this year.

But the Council are poised to hear the Seaway plans....

Looks like SBC's delaying tactics may have paid off . FF gets the elbow on the grounds that there is already plans for a multi screen and the town doesn't need two...
This has been on the cards for a while and the not very subtle tactics of SBC and the various additional report requests may have worked.

But the Council are poised to hear the Seaway plans....

Looks like SBC's delaying tactics may have paid off . FF gets the elbow on the grounds that there is already plans for a multi screen and the town doesn't need two...
This has been on the cards for a while and the not very subtle tactics of SBC and the various additional report requests may have worked.

The whole situation stinks ! Seaway and it's cinema complex (with no parking) is a waste of time, Southend High Street is a no-go area after dark - unless you want to score some crack.

How can Seaway be reviewed, when FF is still being pushed back. Fishier than the bottom of Top-Cat's dustbin!

Almost looks like the council are looking for reason not to give the go ahead what with these letters now being sent to resident asking for comments on the final plans. What about all the comments already submitted by their original deadline, do they not count? The Seaway plan won't attract any new custom or footfall into the town, nothing has for the past umpteen decades and a few new eateries and a cinema won't change that. The rot has set-in long ago.

Talking to a counsellor he believes people will go to the cinema at Seaway and then take a gentle stroll up to the high street for a nice bite to eat or maybe a drink.

I did explain that most people would not do that in broad daylight, especially via dog s*** alley. You need to have a radical approach to the High street and town centre to save it.

The Seaway will be a white elephant as Ron has said they will still go for a cinema at FF. Seaway is nearer to me but would drive to FF if I wanted the cinema. Certainly no one would drive further to get to the Seaway. The current one at the top of the high street is still difficult to get to and more important to park.

The operators of sports stadiums will need to have a plan in place to protect fans in the event of a terrorist attack inside or outside the ground in order to receive a licence in the future. (Times - subscription required)

Anyone have a Times subscription to check what date this is being planned for introduction? Would we have to revise our plans again?

Anyone have a Times subscription to check what date this is being planned for introduction? Would we have to revise our plans again?

How will we do that? Even armed guards don't stop suicide bombers

How will we do that? Even armed guards don't stop suicide bombers

The requirement is to plan. You’re right, a suicide bomber on foot is hard to stop, but other kinds of protection are possible. For example (only as an illustration of what is possible), I’m not sure how many people know that the big Arsenal sign in capital letters outside their new stadium is bomb proof and would resist a fully loaded truck. This is common practice now, to prevent vehicular ingress onto a pedestrianised area and camouflage the barrier. The requirement is to make reasonable plans, which is achievable, not to always succeed in the event (which isn’t).

The requirement is to plan. You’re right, a suicide bomber on foot is hard to stop, but other kinds of protection are possible. For example (only as an illustration of what is possible), I’m not sure how many people know that the big Arsenal sign in capital letters outside their new stadium is bomb proof and would resist a fully loaded truck. This is common practice now, to prevent vehicular ingress onto a pedestrianised area and camouflage the barrier. The requirement is to make reasonable plans, which is achievable, not to always succeed in the event (which isn’t).

HVM (hostile vehicle mitigation), I learnt about the Arsenal sign a couple of weeks ago. There is loads of HVM in the majority of cities now which you wouldn’t even guess was there. There are lots of ways of putting it in without it being obvious and an eye sore, no doubt it’s something that will have been considered. If they need help I’d offer my services for free for counter terror threat assessment.

We are fine at RH as you could barely weave a scooter through the car park. By the time we open at FF all vehicles will be driverless with cut out safety systems.

Not sure what you can do about the streets outside at Arsenal or RH. Well I do but far to many don't like the answer.

Back