• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming this isn't pure conjecture I can't say I blame him. I don't like someone looking over my shoulder at work.
What if that person can give you enough contacts to help get promoted and therefor achieve your targets?

I'm not entirely surprised. I'm sure this was the outcome RM was always trying to engineer. However, if we do end up with a CEO who improves the running of the club that will have been a huge gain. RM would no doubt have continued to put this off but I think Stan's intervention has forced the issue. It's not a revolution but an important step forwards.

However, I would really have liked us to adopt a smarter system and strategy of organisation and planning that doesn't rely on the genius or otherwise of individual managers, and which doesn't waste money. People laughed when MM talked about a process, but he was right. There is no magic wand.

If anyone on here goes to any home games next season then shame on you all. Away games to show support yes but home games then your just helping Ron. He needs to leave failing that make it difficult for him to get the planning or what ever it is. He’s a clown and needs to be stopped. I’ve had enough of this nonsense.
Agree totally ? away games only for me. It appears almost immediately RM has done it again and has everyone believing he has it right and the Championship awaits.

How many times are loyal supporters going to fall for his political statements?

What now, protests at an empty stadium? He knew he just had to bide his time and it would all go away over the summer ?‍♂️

Stan thank you for all your effort. I'm gutted for you and all the loyal supporters that Ron renege's on your previous meeting agreement. You brought so much to the table . Ron has looked a gift horse in the mouth and rejected a clear path to the clubs future success . I am not feeling positive about things now. I've seen the past few weeks rather like snakes and ladders, and we all know who the snake is !

My bet is that Phil Brown is a better judge of that possibility that than you or I.
Oh good PB will be the one to save us ?

I wish I had RM's faith that the manager he sacked 3 years ago for good reason at the time will put everything right that has been so wrong for so long.

I wish we could get our heads out of the sand, new blood top to bottom is the only way our club will change and move forward in my opinion and clearly we love to keep going back to tried and failed ways to find a solution.

Even darker days ahead I fear.

People laughed when MM talked about a process, but he was right. There is no magic wand.

Strangely enough, since we were relegated anyway I wonder if we would have been better off if MM had remained as our manager. I think he might have welcomed Stan's input rather than rejected it as Phil Brown has. Then the excellent plan that Stan put forward could have proceeded.

I guess it's solely up to Phil to get us back to the EFL next season. If he fails to do this then he will have betrayed us all by rejecting Stan.

Only thing to do now is hit it when it hurts Ron. Don’t turn up to games don’t buy anything from club shop. If the club folds then start a Phoenix club. I knew this was going to happen. Absolute joke I’m done.
I understand what you say but I will be going home and hopefully to away games as well.

My son and I go so we get some time together along with a couple of our friends who go for the same reason. My friend and his son go for very personal reasons around family and for me and my son it is a way to stay close when I work away during the week and am only home for weekends

I can almost guarantee that Phil Brown was the one who decided he didn’t want someone else having a say in the footballing side of the club.

It makes sense, he’s cutting out a potential “no you shouldn’t spend £3500 per week on X as he’s 33 with an injury record longer than my forearm”.

Amazing that a manager who has been permanent for a week has that level of control. We need a club structure above PB as we learned last time. This should have been Ron’s decision to make.
Agree completely, RM is placing all his faith in a manager he sacked 3 years ago ?‍♂️

I'm not entirely surprised. I'm sure this was the outcome RM was always trying to engineer. However, if we do end up with a CEO who improves the running of the club that will have been a huge gain. RM would no doubt have continued to put this off but I think Stan's intervention has forced the issue. It's not a revolution but an important step forwards.

However, I would really have liked us to adopt a smarter system and strategy of organisation and planning that doesn't rely on the genius or otherwise of individual managers, and which doesn't waste money. People laughed when MM talked about a process, but he was right. There is no magic wand.

In fairness only stupid people laughed at that. It should be obvious to everyone that things don't change in football overnight.

I’m intrigued by a number of responses on here. Clearly this club needs change. Surely this is obvious. Accepting this is something Ron Martin just does is just as bad as accepting our fate. Imagine having someone inside the club driving it forwards and not just bringing back old cast members like a terrible soap. Could have been fresh change and impetus but instead we are stuck with the Phil and Ron show throwing money aimlessly at former big names until it all goes wrong again.

We all know now that the CEO will be this guy of Ron’s who will no doubt be little more than a figurehead for him and not looking to challenge the status quo.

Now I realise Stan did not offer a silver bullet to success but a fresh approach would have been a nice start.

Strangely enough, since we were relegated anyway I wonder if we would have been better off if MM had remained as our manager. I think he might have welcomed Stan's input rather than rejected it as Phil Brown has. Then the excellent plan that Stan put forward could have proceeded.

I guess it's solely up to Phil to get us back to the EFL next season. If he fails to do this then he will have betrayed us all by rejecting Stan.
Completely agree ? I think MM with his non league experience would have been our ideal manager.

Once again RM has fallen for the big name and after 6 games has decided long term PB is the answer and rushed in offering a long term contract with a no doubt very large salary he can't afford ?‍♂️

I would like to thank you stan for your time and effort over these last 3 weeks. I personally liked lot of your ideas how to push the club forward.

Am I surprised ron has changed his mind? No not really. I had a feeling ron will go with his choice of ceo and appoint Duncan as dof.

Let's hope your good work wasn't completely wasted stan and ron does make sufficient changes quickly so sufc can progress forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back