• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Collymore Statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people were getting excited about The Stan Plan, I said don't count your chickens. I have no idea of the drivers or intentions behind Stan's offer of help, laudable or laughable, but I do know much was intimated and never substantiated by a club statement. The general consensus appears to blame Ron for getting Stan to withdraw his proposed assistance. You know that how?

I am sure if the master plan for clubs that Stan proposed was any good, he will get the opportunity to prove it somewhere else. It will be interesting to see how many clubs have him on their wish list.

We all know, or believe we know, that Ron has made mistakes. Not having a CEO is one of them. That being said, I do not believe there are so many things wrong that need Stan or any fan demanding a complete overhaul of the system at SUFC.

Ron has clearly, at times, struggled with revenue streams. That would put the kibosh on any system in place. If Ron can get the finances in order, enlist a CEO and make sure managers do not keep crippling the club with has been players, we will thrive.

Why has Stan stopped following most fans in Twitter then. And why won't he give a real answer.

Just reading this thread makes me want to slam my head against the wall. Will we actually get any news that can be considered in a positive light?

Also nice to see fans getting back to the good old in-fighting that got us so far before...

What exactly was Stan getting out of it? Didn't see any national publicity. Didn't see him make any money, he only donated it.
Adoration is what he got from it - the chance to be seen as a saviour from a captive audience - even on this thread - hes walked away for the second time and posters are falling over themselves to thank him etc.

Always in talk sport, five live sport, speak to forest fans about when he tried to get involved there.

Looking for the announcement of Ron's son as CEO

North Korea did the same they are now a nuclear power.

In footballing terms that would mean champions league matches at Roots Hall and enforced re-enlightenment for our less committed fans.

People would certainly think twice about sneaking out at half time.

Last edited:
North Korea did the same they are now a nuclear power.

In footballing terms that would mean champions league matches at Roots Hall and enforced re-enlightenment for our less committed fans.

I'm in.

In my humble opinion the right people were actually galvanising the fans - your people - SOS - a group of people that care only for your club and not celebrity or ego.

I don't think it was his fault but Stan's involvement actually diluted your protest and ended up being an apologist for Martin - he made fans believe that Stan could control and influence Ron to do "the right thing" and that Stan's choice of a CEO would solve all your problems.

I've said many times over the years that I thought Martin was your problem and I think that was true perhaps 5 or 6 years ago - but he's a high stakes poker player in this now and he's fully pot committed - he isn't going to walk away unless he receives an offer he can't refuse (unlikely now) wins the game (get's the stadium and housing) or loses - ie the whole thing collapses and you lot go into admin.

Getting the media on board with your plight showing fans passion was your best chance for change (in terms of how club may be run)
We will have to disagree.

Stan called me last night and updated me on the situation and what he feels is going on, it was off the record so I have to respect that, however I have offered to try and help as a conduit with the SOS and the Trust to see if we can get this all sorted. What I will say is this highlights how badly the club do business from an ethical standpoint.

Stan called me last night and updated me on the situation and what he feels is going on, it was off the record so I have to respect that, however I have offered to try and help as a conduit with the SOS and the Trust to see if we can get this all sorted. What I will say is this highlights how badly the club do business from an ethical standpoint.

Ah, the " I know something you don't" plot twist. The saga continues.

I can't believe I am going to stick up for Ron here, but I am. He has no obligation to employ someone just because fans demand him too.

I have stayed away from commenting on these Stan blue love heart threads, because A) I never get ahead of myself with getting my hopes up. And B) Some of the bootlicking of Stan was just utterly cringy.

In my opinion, it is very easy to read Stan. He comes in and swaggers with his messiah complex and pseudo intellect. All this unfollowing fans on socials, up and down on wether to carry on with this, "I dont need to be chasing owners" but then does, is all just too predictable. This is a business, I don't want over emotional people such as Stan involved with big decisions despite the fact he has never worked in this capacity.

As for the conspiracy theories about this being PBs doing, that's just pure baseless conjecture. The proof will be in the pudding if and when we appoint a CEO, which will debunk the "PB did all this so no one works above him!!!!"

Despite the fact he has literally asked Ricky Duncan to be DOF and plans as far as I am aware are still to appoint a CEO. Which, Yep you guessed it, would mean someone working above PB.

Stop being massive reactionists and wait for the full story.

Have you spoken to RM and PB as well or is your verdict on the clubs ethics based on just one side of the story?

I can't believe I am going to stick up for Ron here, but I am. He has no obligation to employ someone just because fans demand him too.

I have stayed away from commenting on these Stan blue love heart threads, because A) I never get ahead of myself with getting my hopes up. And B) Some of the bootlicking of Stan was just utterly cringy.

In my opinion, it is very easy to read Stan. He comes in and swaggers with his messiah complex and pseudo intellect. All this unfollowing fans on socials, up and down on wether to carry on with this, "I dont need to be chasing owners" but then does, is all just too predictable. This is a business, I don't want over emotional people such as Stan involved with big decisions despite the fact he has never worked in this capacity.

As for the conspiracy theories about this being PBs doing, that's just pure baseless conjecture. The proof will be in the pudding if and when we appoint a CEO, which will debunk the "PB did all this so no one works above him!!!!"

Despite the fact he has literally asked Ricky Duncan to be DOF and plans as far as I am aware are still to appoint a CEO. Which, Yep you guessed it, would mean someone working above PB.

Stop being massive reactionists and wait for the full story.
I agree

Don't be his little pet Scott - you don't need him - you need a united fanbase - you lot were doing that before he came along.

Focus on your contacts with Ron about what's happening with the club - fan engagement, CEO appointment, managerial support not what Stan may or may not do in the club (this is the second time he's cried off in a month FFS) - you don't need him - you need unity, a purpose and the courage of your convications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back