• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gentlemen

Hope you're enjoying your Friday and are looking forward to the game tomorrow.

I told you I'd always be open, transparent and honest so I will always carry that through whatever.

Had as always a very open, honest and warm discussion with Tom Lawrence at Roots Hall for a couple of hours so I'll tell you the latest.

From day one in this process (CEO and coaching team procured on the back of my input) it's been important for me to have clarity in any role I have as clarity is what makes any job work. So a "Head of Football Operations" title plus a clear remit to have roles and responsibilities nailed down to the letter benefits Southend United in what they can be guaranteed to get and me knowing what my roles are.

The club and I are a distance apart on roles and responsibilities and are a distance apart on renumeration for those roles. For me the most important thing is the structure of the club and only the structure in order to avoid any individual having undue influence at the club ever again. I want to protect the club at all costs.

As with all negotiations there is a back and forth with compromises on both sides so we'll revisit the situation early next week to see if we can agree a deal.

If we can't, we can't, that's just life and certainly nothing to be sad or negative about, a new excellent CEO and 3 excellent coaches at the club I hope would be added to the 1992/3 survival as proof that I'm always here to help.

See everyone at Daggers tomorrow, make sure you support the boys with lots of noise! ⚪️??⚪

Stan

Personally, I agree we have 3 excellent coaches and CEO, but no one has spoken so positively and has ideas about Southend United as much as you did last night.

I believe you are vital in our plans of moving forward and it would be extremely disappointing for the club to fail to agree some sort of role going forward for your involvement.

It will cause for A LOT unhappy fans, so please make it happen.

Thanks for yet another honest and transparent update Stan. Can I ask, if you reach agreement on your desired roles and responsibilities, but not so on the renumeration issue (bearing in mind how skint we are) would you walk away?

Was great to hear you in the Zoom call yesterday.

With regards to the potential Head of Recruitment coming in, you mentioned he would consider a role at our club because of you. Could that depend on whether you are at the club as the "Head of Football Operations" or not?

Would you also disclose the roles and responsibilities you are wanting for the position? I know you are still negotiating with the club, but I'm sure some on here will not understand the roles involved.

I was worried about this last night…just sensed Stan thought it was a done deal while tom seemed a bit uncomfortable and fudged a bit…. Does seem a bit rich that he hasn’t been given the heads up on his potential remit going forward before now but they are happy to take what he is offering free…. a distance apart sounds like a miscommunication….a real shame although putting it on the Twitter bio before signed may not have been the wisest….

Ladies and Gentlemen

I told you I'd always be open, transparent and honest so I will always carry that through whatever.

Had as always a very open, honest and warm discussion with Tom Lawrence at Roots Hall for a couple of hours so I'll tell you the latest.

From day one in this process (CEO and coaching team procured on the back of my input) it's been important for me to have clarity in any role I have as clarity is what makes any job work. So a "Head of Football Operations" title plus a clear remit to have roles and responsibilities nailed down to the letter benefits Southend United in what they can be guaranteed to get and me knowing what my roles are.

The club and I are a distance apart on roles and responsibilities and are a distance apart on renumeration for those roles. For me the most important thing is the structure of the club and only the structure in order to avoid any individual having undue influence at the club ever again. I want to protect the club at all costs.

As with all negotiations there is a back and forth with compromises on both sides so we'll revisit the situation early next week to see if we can agree a deal.

If we can't, we can't, that's just life and certainly nothing to be sad or negative about, a new excellent CEO and 3 excellent coaches at the club I hope would be added to the 1992/3 survival as proof that I'm always here to help.

See everyone at Daggers tomorrow, make sure you support the boys with lots of noise! ⚪️??⚪

Stan
Stan, if you had to give a percentage , what is your chance of getting something agreed. Are you confident

Going forward, this project needs Stan. Dont **** this up Ron.
Just give him what he wants ffs, you will end up a hero Ron and the city will love you.
In my eyes, Maher and the team need Stan too and pound to a penny, i bet that is what they are expecting.
Southend United, never ever boring....

Ladies and Gentlemen

Stan
Thanks for the update Stan, let's remain hopeful. You have the backing of the supporters and they'll be behind the team tomorrow. Let's remain positive, we need you and if Mr Martin has any idea about progressive planning in a modern day football club, as you discussed in great depth last night, then he will make this happen. If not, then as the owner he has to take responsibility for the mess of a club in continual decline. I've emailed you as promised following the forum.

All the best.

Sensei Phil

I implore Tom (and Ron) to go the extra mile+ to find a solution to these matters and secure Stan's services. Stan clearly brings considerable intangible as well as tangible benefits to the Club and in any well thought out, comprehensive cost benefit analysis it's hard to believe any other outcome than benefits significantly outweighing costs. RM/TL don't lose sight of the big(gest) picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back