• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan Latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's just completely deflated me.
The person at the centre of putting together this new structure and club identity (Stan) needs to be employed be at the forefront driving it forward.
I wont be anywhere near as confident in seeing real progress on and off the pitch without Stan being given the role he wants.
Re the finances....I know things are tight but with what Stan can bring to the table, the club will be making huge savings over the next 12 months in so many ways.

Ron do the right thing. Don’t f-ck it up !
Ron you was starting to get some credit on here from some posters. That will quickly go if you let Stan go.
The saying Use and Abuse come to mind. Don’t let it be so Ron.

This is probably all be about tactics.

It didn’t surprise me that Stan presented himself as heir apparent last night as this would have put additional pressure on Ron to agree terms today. Obviously, Ron as a property dealer is used to tough negotiating and he is going to want Stan’s services at a cost that is as low as possible, hence the hiccup today.

The best thing that fans going to Daggers tomorrow can do is to voice, as strongly as possible, their support for Stan’s appointment as this will pile the pressure on to Ron to agree terms. I suspect this is what Stan is hoping will happen as well as it will enhance his negotiating position when they discuss this further next week.

In my opinion both sides have too much to lose by walking away. Ron will come under intense criticism again with the moratorium on protest being thrown out of the window and Stan will also be criticised by some for not going the extra mile.

I’m still confident Stan you will get your job Ron is foolish not giving you the role

Stan says they are “a distance apart” that’s very worrying?!

I suggest this is a big test for Tom Lawrence to get this over the line and secure the services of Stan which the vast majority of fans will now expect.

Stan alone, with his input, experience, expertise, communication skills and enthusiasm, has re-energised the support and shifted the mood from one of protest to one of positivity.

Tom Lawrence and Ron must have known what Stan was looking for during these past couple of weeks in terms of what has now actually been delivered together with Stan’s own expectations of his own role within this new set up.

I’d say to both Tom and Ron don’t mess this up now, it won’t go down at all well and nobody will believe that Stan’s demands were unreasonable or unrealistic. He’s not that sort of guy and you both know what he brings to this Club.

If this isn’t sorted there will be a perception by many that you have used Stan. I don’t speak for Stan but this is my view and the view of my friends and family who have also supported this great Club for more years than I care to remember.

Please do the right thing and get Stan on board without any further delay. Things can only get better, so please grasp the opportunity and let’s get this show back on the road!!

Stan says they are “a distance apart” that’s very worrying?!

I suggest this is a big test for Tom Lawrence to get this over the line and secure the services of Stan which the vast majority of fans will now expect.

Stan alone, with his input, experience, expertise, communication skills and enthusiasm, has re-energised the support and shifted the mood from one of protest to one of positivity.

Tom Lawrence and Ron must have known what Stan was looking for during these past couple of weeks in terms of what has now actually been delivered together with Stan’s own expectations of his own role within this new set up.

I’d say to both Tom and Ron don’t mess this up now, it won’t go down at all well and nobody will believe that Stan’s demands were unreasonable or unrealistic. He’s not that sort of guy and you both know what he brings to this Club.

If this isn’t sorted there will be a perception by many that you have used Stan. I don’t speak for Stan but this is my view and the view of my friends and family who have also supported this great Club for more years than I care to remember.

Please do the right thing and get Stan on board without any further delay. Things can only get better, so please grasp the opportunity and let’s get this show back on the road!!
Seconded.

Should we not install a Head of Football Operations to finish the new structure then we will need to have a very long hard think about our next moves as fans.

Just as everybody was excited and looking forward to a new start and tomorrows game with a near on a capacity away following. Once more RM ****es on our chips. *Sigh*
Yeah. Stan has probably just completed his succession plan document so Ronnie will use that to bin him off and get someone cheaper.

Why is the club/Ron/Tom willing to come this far just to stop and only do half a job? Surely Stan’s role as head of football operations is essential to the new system that is trying to be put in place?

With all the positive vibes coming out of the club its obviously disappointing that there is a set back.Stan has shown with his actions in recommending Tom and his role in selecting the new coaching the worth he can bring to the club.

We wont know what the difficulties are as its private between Stan and Tom,but I sincerely hope a compromise is reached as I dont think Stan will return for a third time

Ladies and Gentlemen

Hope you're enjoying your Friday and are looking forward to the game tomorrow.

I told you I'd always be open, transparent and honest so I will always carry that through whatever.

Had as always a very open, honest and warm discussion with Tom Lawrence at Roots Hall for a couple of hours so I'll tell you the latest.

From day one in this process (CEO and coaching team procured on the back of my input) it's been important for me to have clarity in any role I have as clarity is what makes any job work. So a "Head of Football Operations" title plus a clear remit to have roles and responsibilities nailed down to the letter benefits Southend United in what they can be guaranteed to get and me knowing what my roles are.

The club and I are a distance apart on roles and responsibilities and are a distance apart on renumeration for those roles. For me the most important thing is the structure of the club and only the structure in order to avoid any individual having undue influence at the club ever again. I want to protect the club at all costs.

As with all negotiations there is a back and forth with compromises on both sides so we'll revisit the situation early next week to see if we can agree a deal.

If we can't, we can't, that's just life and certainly nothing to be sad or negative about, a new excellent CEO and 3 excellent coaches at the club I hope would be added to the 1992/3 survival as proof that I'm always here to help.

See everyone at Daggers tomorrow, make sure you support the boys with lots of noise! ⚪️??⚪

Stan
Thanks for the update Stan. Let's hope a compromise can be had that all are comfortable with as I think you have a huge amount to offer the club.

The club and I are a distance apart on roles and responsibilities and are a distance apart on renumeration for those roles. For me the most important thing is the structure of the club and only the structure in order to avoid any individual having undue influence at the club ever again. I want to protect the club at all costs.
Just to add some balance here, there are always two sides to a negotiation. And it’s rare that they’re so publicly played out like this - especially not when it’s just one party influencing the public.

I’m RIGHT behind Stan. I’ve read everything. I’ve listened to the Zooms. I love what he’s done. And I love what he’s planning to do.

And while Ron is the villain of the peace and, again, RIGHTLY under the cosh for his mismanagement of the club in the last five or six years, it’s easy to just accept that he is necessarily acting in bad faith.

I’m just reminding people that the meeting today was with Tom. And there are more discussions planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back