• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan

Hadenoughblue is frustrated as are many and I also know that my style as a sports broadcaster or journalist is combative.

Add that to a spectacular loss of way 25 years ago and it's easy to make a simple picture.

But aged 50, happy and productive, I'm in a position of "take it or leave it" not "I'm begging you".

That affords a degree of honesty that many aren't used to, especially in football which is often smoke and mirrors ( as you all know too well!).

So being liked isn't any issue for me. Being respected for what I do not say, is.

If given a role, by the end of this week the relevant people will have significantly more options than if I'm not. That's not over confidence , that's measurable fact ( which I've set out a number of times).

But Ron or Phil or Patrick or Ricky or anyone at the club may think like Hadenoughblue and feel there's enough stench still attached to me from long ago to have a knee jerk negative reaction.

That's fine.

My answer to that? Ask anyone in the sport about my work ethic, contacts, delivery of promises and obsession with doing a good job. Or due diligence as it's called!

Does Ron know the consequences of going onto an unknown League with an experienced manager but little else? I don't know.

So let's give both men as many options as possible which just happen to be from an ex player who loves the club and has one of the best contacts book in the game, plenty of energy for the tasks ahead and motivation to see the club where I left it.

Championship with a few quid in the bank. Simple.

It's simple for me as a 50 + years supporter, Stan you have made me feel more excited and more informed about my club than I have for years.

So far RM hasn't made me feel any different in his interviews and zoom meetings so without your involvement we would be as in the dark as we have been for so long and probably heading for a 3rd relegation.

I am not stupid enough to think your work can guarantee us immediate promotion but thank's to you I am starting to feel proud and part of my football club again. ?

Back