• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Star Men On Saturday

I think that Danns will be very dangerous. I'm sure that Efe can 'deal' with that 6'4" giant Chris Iwelumo.

I think their aim attacking threats are; Garcia, Iwelumo & Danns.

Saying that I'm sure that Eastwood can steal the show...
unclesam.gif
unclesam.gif
unclesam.gif

Danns has been very quiet for us lately, Garcia will only be a threat if he is 'up' for it, we are weak up front to be honest.

Halford & Yeates going forward will be big threats, Iwelumo has had a knee problem for a while and looks knackered.

As usual for a derby game, it depends who is going to be more up for it on the day.

Should be a good game though.
biggrin.gif

Its not just an normal Southend Vs Col U derby game, its the first time in both club history that an clash is for an massive prize at end of the season ..... hope both make it, whatever the outcome of the match.

Keys man is Freddy, Gower, Bentley (if fit & ready) & if Maher show the form he did agasint Col Ewes at Layer Road in 2003/04 season which we won 3-2 we got an chance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Mar. 01 2006,14:10)]Its not just an normal Southend Vs Col U derby game, its the first time in both club history that an clash is for an massive prize at end of the season ..... hope both make it, whatever the outcome of the match.
Agree with that comment. I'm pro-Essex and therefore I don't dislike Col U (apart from wanting the Essex bragging rights) as much as the Wet Sham/Orient for example.

I hate Orient for their vile fans who take an p*** out of Southend nearly every week until we have an last laugh when we got promoted.

I agree with you both and whatever the result (of course I would like us to win for once !) I want and hope both teams make it up,

Other than our rivalry with Wycombe we havent had anything like this for a long time, to be honest, most in Col******r didnt care much about the first game, this game though, as mentioned, has really brought the rivalry out due to us both being at the correct end of the league
smile.gif

A nice place for both to be
biggrin.gif

Up the Essex
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 01 2006,15:43)]By the looks of it, we should be looking out for all of them - the farmers will be tanned and relaxed in advance of Saturday's big game...

Bloomin' jet-setting farmers, the bastards...

oops.gif
Have they forgotten this Chel$ki cash is one off, their average gates are 5,000 not 50,000. Although if they booked on Ryanair - they could have flown for about ÂŁ50 for all the squad inc. playing staff.

The money is a one off but we dont owe anything so it is all 'free' money to spend as we wish. I think it's good to treat the players a bit as, in the end, they won it for the club
smile.gif

They went last season as well.
Came back and had a 10 match unbeaten run.

Same again please.

Halford V Che is my big worry for sat

Arguably their strongest V our weekest player

I said Arguably, not fact!!

Beno will be key for us

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Mar. 02 2006,01:54)]Halford V Che is my big worry for sat

Beno will be key for us
I just can see Halford as any good seen him 4 times now and everytime he is cack....I also hope they have the black geezer at the back as he is sh!te too

Iwelumo is the one I'm worried about. But if any team in the league are equiped to handle him I'd say it would be us with Sodje and AB.

Need Maher & Gutts to get all over Danns too. If we can do that then I'd think we could be good for a draw at least.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Mar. 01 2006,15:43)]By the looks of it, we should be looking out for all of them - the farmers will be tanned and relaxed in advance of Saturday's big game...

Bloomin' jet-setting farmers, the bastards...

oops.gif
Ah, but remember when Dave Webb took the players for a break (paid for by Vic Jobson, unbelievably) to Spain as a reward for a good start to the season.

First game back - FA Cup First Round away to Aylesbury. What a great performance that was.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Mar. 02 2006,09:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Mar. 02 2006,01:54)]Halford V Che is my big worry for sat

Beno will be key for us
I just can see Halford as any good seen him 4 times now and everytime he is cack....I also hope they have the black geezer at the back as he is sh!te too
Che had Halford in his pocket at Roots Hall, so much so that when Halford came back out after the game for his warm down he was booed by some of his own fans!

I think Danns is their best player, but we have plenty of quality in our team as well, Gower and Freddy will shine.

Halford is very hot and cold, he can play a fantastic game and follow that with the crap he played at yours. Ask Gillingham fans about him, he tore them apart.

'black geezer at the back' well he is 19 and has played about 5 games, he filled in at the start of the season when we had so many injuries. He is a lot better now but unlikely to start.

Danns has been poor lately, or at least very quiet.

Iwelumo is knackered and carrying an injury.

I still think 'IF' Halford has one of his good days then him and Yeates will cut you apart. But thats a big if for him, however Yeates will give your right back trouble all game, however he always wants to cut inside and shoot and if you know this it can be easily countered.

It will be an interesting game thats for sure.
smile.gif

Back