• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now that we have almost a full complement of players and having seen the majority of pre-season and league/cup games, I feel that it is really important that we get three points tomorrow, therefore:

Morris
Bilel Prosser Phillips Barker
Simpson Easton Grant Spencer
Paterson Corr

Subs far more difficult! from:

Clohessy, Coughlan, Soares, Hall, Zaboub, Sturrock, Evans (Bouzid, Gilbert, Herd and Crawford)

Last edited:
Now that we have almost a full complement of players and having seen the majority of pre-season and league/cup games, I feel that it is really important that we get three points tomorrow, therefore:

Morris
Paterson Corr

Clohessy, Coughlan, Soares, Hall, Zaboub, Sturrock, Evans (Bouzid, Gilbert, Herd and Crawford)

I like your forward line, and would love to see Spencer on the wing, although personally I'd have him on right!

Morris​

Prosser Mohsni
Clohessy Barker
Easton
Soares Grant Hall
Spencer
Paterson​

Last edited:

Morris
Paterson Corr

Agree with that line up, Simpson and Spencer could have a swap around now and again, I see that as our strongest 11. Zaboub when fit will be pushing for a start. I also fancy Coughlan to start aswell, because I think he is solid as a rock at the back!

It's brilliant to have a choice. Ahhh!

Morris​

Prosser Mohsni
Clohessy Barker
Easton
Soares Grant Hall
Spencer
Paterson​

That attacking quartet is too lightweight for me, especially against a side as rough'n'tumble as Port Vale. I'd personally like to us go with Paterson and Corr up top, with Hall and Soares on the wings with Spencer used as an impact sub.

442, as much as I bemoaned Tilson at times for it, its what basement footballers know - and I like the way PS is prepared to change formations during a game depending on how things are going... so I'd start

Morris

Clohessey Moshni Phillips Barker

Hall Easton Grant Zaaaaaaaboub

Paterson Corr

For tomorrow - back to basic, 2 out and out wingers, Patersons in form and Corr is the battering ram.

This was much easier last season, when we only had to choose 2 to leave out, rather than think about the 11 to start.

It is so difficult having such a big squad to pick from!

Morris is nailed on No keeper
Bilel to start? Coughlan brilliant against Bristol, Clohessy not so assured against Aldershot, Barker brilliant! Phillips strong enough, Prosser good enough?
Granty, Easton and Simpson got to start.
Do we play with two wingers? Hall has looked good, Soares not so good, Zaboub I don't like because of his horrendous spitting episode, Spencer good.
Up front Paterson best striker at the club? Corr or Sturrock as the battering ram!

God, who'd be a manager! right if I have to chose it would be:

Morris
Bilel Prosser Coughlan Barker
Paterson Corr

As said above, isn't it great to actually have some options in both the starting eleven, and players off the bench? Not rocket-science, this football lark...

At last we have not one but two left sided wingers/midfielders so would start with one and bring the other on for the last 30 mins.

Gives us more balance and width not to have a right footer on the left who is forever coming inside rather than getting crosses in- e.g. Hall to Patterson verses Bristol City

Morris
Clohessy Prosser Moshni Barker
Simpson Easton Grant Hall/Zaboub
Paterson Spencer

Subs Hall/Zaboub Soares Corr Sturrock Phillips Evans Bouzid

Only person playing out of position slightly would be Simpson

Morris

Clohessey Moshni Phillips Barker

Hall Easton Grant Zaaaaaaaboub

Paterson Corr

For tomorrow - back to basic, 2 out and out wingers, Patersons in form and Corr is the battering ram.

That'd be harsh on Prosser who I think has impressed so far this season and I'd argue he's been the pick over Phillips after the two league games. That said, I can't imagine Sturrock going with Prosser and Moshni at the back mainly due to the inexperience there, so I'd be surprised if Moshni manages to force his way into the team tomorrow. Wouldn't mind seeing him though, be interesting to see how he copes with a game against a physical side like Port Vale. Nice to have competition for a change...

I have a feeling that we might revert to what looked like the first choice centre back pairing in pre-season, i.e. Coughlan and Mohsni. If so, it would be tough on Phillips and Prosser (especially the latter against his former club). While I would like to see 4-4-2, I don't think any of the wide men have impressed enough to take Sturrock down this route just yet. Soares must be vulnerable, whatever the system, but I predict:- Morris; Clohessy, Coughlan, Mohsni, Barker; Simpson, Easton, Grant; Paterson, Corr, Spencer.
But then again, we have plenty of options - and we were never in that position last season. Apart from the other two centre backs, Sturrock, Soares, Hall and Zabboub could also be in the frame. And don't rule out Bouzid - unlike most people on here, I was impressed with him against West Ham and I thought he looked a better bet than Gill. He appeared to be a very neat passer of the ball who wasn't afraid to press forward.

If Mohsni plays, I see Coughlan playing aswell, just to help along until he gets into the full swing of the english game.

Morris

Clohessy Mohsni Coughlan Barker

Grant Easton Simpson

Hall Corr Spencer​

For me I'd go for:

Morris

Clohessy Prosser Bilel Barker

Soares Easton Grant Hall

Paterson Corr​

With Spencer coming on either right wing or up front around the 70 minute mark.

What was clear from Sturrock on 'Player' today is that he doesnt know his first XI, nor is he likely too for a few weeks.

So I expect a fair bit of chopping and changing in the next few weeks, which isnt going to be helpful as teams need to play together regularly to get consistancy, so it could get messy, before it gets any better.

Prosser would be gutted to miss out against his old side.

According to the Echo, he is chomping at the bit to prove Micky Adams made a mistake by letting him go.

Im just putting 2 and 2 together. From what I've seen, though raw, Moshni looks a better bet than Prosser - but I wouldnt want to see Prosser and Moshni at the back.

Sturrock thinks very highly of Moshni by the sound of it and wants him in ASAP.

Be very interesting to see who he goes with, thats for sure...

Back