• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Statements and Protest Chat

How will anyone know what is planned tonight?

Yes the tennis balls worked but could have been much better if the whole ground was involved.
That's the problem Tommy, to get the whole ground involved in anything even slightly disruptive would require SAS levels of secrecy, planning and stealth. RH is like Pyongyang these days. It would be nigh on impossible. So it's probably easier for the guys involved to keep it on a need to know basis and within a known circle for it to have any chance of working.

just my opinion but i think pitch invasions are a bad idea.

whenever i see other clubs fans do it i dont google what their plight is i just think its idiotic and unnecesarily dangerous.

For me you invade the pitch when you get promoted or avoid relegation on the last day.

That said. Maybe we could be smart about it and do a half time pitch invasion or possibly full time and all sit down and sing we martin out for 25 minutes. A sit in but on the pitch.

That's the problem Tommy, to get the whole ground involved in anything even slightly disruptive would require SAS levels of secrecy, planning and stealth. RH is like Pyongyang these days. It would be nigh on impossible. So it's probably easier for the guys involved to keep it on a need to know basis and within a known circle for it to have any chance of working.
Even on a need to know basis, the Stewards knew before the game that the Tennis Balls were coming and prepared for them. The more people that know means more people likely to join in which, in turn, is more likely to gain attention.

See a reasonable amount of concern regarding potential for points deductions from pitch invasions. This appears to be a reasonably comprehensive list of clubs that have suffered points reductions. From my skim read it looks like only Brighton have suffered points deductions for pitch invasions - first a suspended 3pt deduction and then an actual 2pt deduction for a subsequent pitch invasion. So pretty rare.

There had never, ever in the Prem, EFL or NL been a points deduction for not paying HMRC- didn't stop the NL giving us one. Probably they would delight in the opportunity to give another. Lets hope not and that they would treat us the same as others as you point out...

Hopefully we will keep off the pitch. @CRATE has posted more than once regarding the potential consequences to individuals based on his own experience.

In the end people will do what they want to do, and, if that's eyes wide open and they are prepared to make that potential sacrifice, then that down to them.

What I won't do is encourage them from behind a keyboard to do something I myself won't be doing. Not least because at this point it will make zero impact compared to the 4th October deadline.

There are less surveillance cameras per capita in North Korea than there are in England.

There had never, ever in the Prem, EFL or NL been a points deduction for not paying HMRC- didn't stop the NL giving us one. Probably they would delight in the opportunity to give another. Lets hope not and that they would treat us the same as others as you point out...

Hopefully we will keep off the pitch. @CRATE has posted more than once regarding the potential consequences to individuals based on his own experience.

In the end people will do what they want to do, and, if that's eyes wide open and they are prepared to make that potential sacrifice, then that down to them.

What I won't do is encourage them from behind a keyboard to do something I myself won't be doing. Not least because at this point it will make zero impact compared to the 4th October deadline.
Was it for non payment of HMRC or for not complying with conditions of licence (and I appreciate that we didn't comply with licence because of non payment of HMRC) - but it's a subtle difference.

And I'm not encouraging a pitch invasion - I almost certainly won't be part of one

I think CRATE went on the pitch with only a few people and, if memory serves right, confronted a certain Nathan Ferguson (I might be completely wrong but I think that's what happened).

If, for instance, 100+ people went on the pitch Tonight they would never attempt to prosecute that many people and certainly wouldn't hand out banning orders for it.

I think CRATE went on the pitch with only a few people and, if memory serves right, confronted a certain Nathan Ferguson (I might be completely wrong but I think that's what happened).

If, for instance, 100+ people went on the pitch Tonight they would never attempt to prosecute that many people and certainly wouldn't hand out banning orders for it.
I’m sure your legal advice will be a of great comfort :-)

Would you go as far as to pay everyone else’s fines if you’re wrong? There are no offences that cease to be an offence based on the number of people committing said offence. That’s my advice. If you do it accept what the consequences may well be- if they then don’t materialise then at least you were prepared for the worst even if it didn’t happen. In the end it’s individuals making their choices accordingly.

I’d suggest the more pitch invasions we have the more the NL will feel like they will need to penalise us to deter further ones.

They can likely tolerate one offs but once it becomes a habit they will be under pressure to clamp down, if only from other clubs concerned about the increased security costs.

I still think the most effective protests will be the ones directed at Ron and SEL’s directors. And we know he won’t be at the game.

I’d suggest the more pitch invasions we have the more the NL will feel like they will need to penalise us to deter further ones.

They can likely tolerate one offs but once it becomes a habit they will be under pressure to clamp down, if only from other clubs concerned about the increased security costs.

I still think the most effective protests will be the ones directed at Ron and SEL’s directors. And we know he won’t be at the game.
The NL would gladly be rid of us, either promoted or relegated… we are their problem child!

I did confront Ferguson based on what he said. There was a solid 80-100 people on the pitch. If not more, but I’ll be honest, the ban has many adverse effects to my life now and is not worth it! That’s why I’ve tweet vocally it’s not worth getting a banning order.

However was I able to be in the ground and an on pitch protest started, I would ofcourse join in!

Can you two (you know who you are) either get a room (ie move to private messaging) or put a cork in it. Either works. Anything else will be nuked.
Any reason why mods again are selecting what will be and won’t be allowed to be displayed. Not exactly balanced around here any more is it. Our way or the highway?

Any reason why mods again are selecting what will be and won’t be allowed to be displayed. Not exactly balanced around here any more is it. Our way or the highway?
😂😂😂 literally voicing an opinion on what I personally thought was a **** protest and no different to the last..

Erm, I’m not sure what you’re upset about. Posts that break the site rules get removed. Two posters played the poster, not the post, and their posts (which were also unpleasant and in one case homophobic) led to a number of reports by other users.

Those posts, and only those posts, have been deleted.

Just for info, the other mods can all see exactly which posts have been deleted and what they said. So you’re on a loser here mate because not one of the team will have any sympathy.

Back