• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stephen Gateley dies

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Boyzone's Stephen Gateley is reported as having died "tragically" whilst on holiday in Majorca with his partner. He was only 33.

I'm quite sure there will be some inappropriate and unsavoury comments and jokes doing the rounds very soon, but come on, 33? He'd barely begun to live. God bless, RIP.

Hmm will be interesting to see what the cause of death will be given the location and his sexual persuasion.

Its no age for anyone to die.........I love the fact that folk think because he was gay it must be something dodgy as a pose to something tragic that could have afected anyone.

Its no age for anyone to die.........I love the fact that folk think because he was gay it must be something dodgy as a pose to something tragic that could have afected anyone.

Agreed. No fan, but 33 is an absolute tragedy for his friends & family.

Doctors have just confirmed that they are no suspicious circumstances.

So being gay was not the reason!!!!!!!!!!

Few what a relieve that is though the stastic's do say that at some stage that 100% of all gay and lesbian women will die so one for the loonies there to show how fatal it is !

Those that want to keep with the jokes just imagine what its like to go to bed one evening with your loved one and wake up teh next morning to find their dead hmm. This isnt a defence of one person in particular but we tend to forget people in the public eye had friends and family .

Oh dear another celebrity dies, and this one at the 'Gone before his time' of just 33. So what ffs. There are people of this age and younger dieing every day of the week, normal everyday people with unassuming lives with nothing special about them whatsoever, all with family, friends and loved ones. Do all those on here that are trawling out the RIP, tragedy, what a waste and feelings of sadness ever pause for thought about these normal everyday people that have lost their life or their families that are having to cope with the loss? No, coarse you don't, and why should you, it's not as if he's famous now is it. Just why is it that because someone spends their life in the public eye and is deemed a 'celebrity' that once they croak it all of a sudden becomes necessary to pronounce how tragic it is. I feel the same way now as I did when Michael Jackson and Jade Goody died, couldn't give a to$$.

Stephen Gately dies aged 33...........

Peter Potter from Acacia Avenue dies aged 31......... (made up)

The difference is what exactly? Oh wait, one's a celebrity and one isn't. That makes all the difference doesn't it! Both are tragic in there own right yes but you lot don't go trawling the obituary columns of the local press to find the non celebrity death of a young man and then post threads on here saying how tragic and pointless it is do you.

I really don't get you lot some times.

edit:

Oh and before anyone trawls back through the archives yes I have done the RIP thing on here. When Henry Allingham died. He deserved it. Normal guy, extraordinary life.

Last edited:
Oh dear another celebrity dies, and this one at the 'Gone before his time' of just 33. So what ffs. There are people of this age and younger dieing every day of the week, normal everyday people with unassuming lives with nothing special about them whatsoever, all with family, friends and loved ones. Do all those on here that are trawling out the RIP, tragedy, what a waste and feelings of sadness ever pause for thought about these normal everyday people that have lost their life or their families that are having to cope with the loss? No, coarse you don't, and why should you, it's not as if he's famous now is it. Just why is it that because someone spends their life in the public eye and is deemed a 'celebrity' that once they croak it all of a sudden becomes necessary to pronounce how tragic it is. I feel the same way now as I did when Michael Jackson and Jade Goody died, couldn't give a to$$.

Stephen Gately dies aged 33...........

Peter Potter from Acacia Avenue dies aged 31......... (made up)

The difference is what exactly? Oh wait, one's a celebrity and one isn't. That makes all the difference doesn't it! Both are tragic in there own right yes but you lot don't go trawling the obituary columns of the local press to find the non celebrity death of a young man and then post threads on here saying how tragic and pointless it is do you.

I really don't get you lot some times.

edit:

Oh and before anyone trawls back through the archives yes I have done the RIP thing on here. When Henry Allingham died. He deserved it. Normal guy, extraordinary life.

If you, your partner, mum, dad, daughter, son......etc was to be killed tomorrow in a car accident, should any of us on this forum actually give a flying F**ck?

Answer is yes, its called compassion.

If i never had any knowledge of you what so ever then no I would not give a toss if you died, simply because i would have no knowledge of you. If someone who is in the public eye a lot and (has been for quite a few years) sadly dies before their time then you will get peole who didn't nesseceraly know him who will feel sad about it and will want him to rest in peace.

I fail to see how in this hate filled world that a little bit of public compassion can be such a terrible thing.

Back