• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Tilson gone threads

That's a rather bizarre post.

What evidence have you that Sturrock is a "yes" man.

I also think that is an unfair slur on Scriv.

I don't know enough about Jennings (or probably King) to comment. I'd be interested to hear what evidence you have to back up these assertions.
**bump**

Glasgow, I'd be interested in hearing what basis you say Sturrock, Widdrington, Jennings and Scriven are all 'yes' men.

OK then, as a fan (first & foremost) why are certain people behaving as they are? We all know jobs are a precious asset to have these days, assuming you get actually ever get paid, but if I was in that position I would have said enough is enough months ago & certainly not been made to look like Ron's puppet through recent actions (I'm not just talking about the abysmally stage-managed video interviews either)...

Sorry, but that's absolute bollocks.

Scriv, at the end of the day, gets paid to do a job. He's lucky enough to be in a job that I dare say he loves to bits, but it's a job none the less and one that pays the bills. You're telling me that, if you hated your boss, you'd walk out of your job tomorrow with nothing in the pipeline (and, judging by the journalism industry at the moment, nothing coming either) completely disregarding mortgage payments, bills etc?

Give over...

As Napster says, of all the people you could blame, Scrivs isn't one of them and the fact he's getting flack for doing his job is quite remarkable.

Guilty by association springs to mind.

That's not an inappropriate song:

You've been sanctified
And I've been tried
Guilty by association

You've been canonized
And I've been fried
Guilty by association

All the little loonies
With a salient obsession
Come out from the boonies
With their sharpies and their guns
And we're loaded with questions

Guilty by association
Guilty by association

You've been idolized
And I've been tried
(Spoken:) [I've been tried]
Guilty by association

You've been terrorized
And I've been fried
Guilty by association

All the little loonies
With a salient obsession
Come out from the boonies
With their sharpies and their guns
They're all loaded with questions

Loaded with questions
Loaded with questions

Okay, I have been away one week and this happens! To think I was gutted paying €2 for a paper on holiday think how I felt when I saw Steve was placed on gardening leave. I read yesterday' echo at 3am this morning upon my return and I have no idea how this come about and why it has taken so long since the end of the season? Can someone shed some light. This may be one person but to me it feels like the heart and soul of SUFC has finally been ripped out. Now to read the protest and new manager threads! Great! Cheers all.

I was scouting for players in Greece!!

Telling them they might not get paid didn't go down to well but I offered to put them up for free which they liked and the lure of an English wife was a good one too!

Sorry, but that's absolute bollocks.

Scriv, at the end of the day, gets paid to do a job. He's lucky enough to be in a job that I dare say he loves to bits, but it's a job none the less and one that pays the bills. You're telling me that, if you hated your boss, you'd walk out of your job tomorrow with nothing in the pipeline (and, judging by the journalism industry at the moment, nothing coming either) completely disregarding mortgage payments, bills etc?

Give over...

As Napster says, of all the people you could blame, Scrivs isn't one of them and the fact he's getting flack for doing his job is quite remarkable.

I've done exactly that twice actually and the last time 2 years ago was out of work for just under 6 months because of it. This was with bills to pay & a young family. Very proud I am of the fact too, especially as I felt I was being pressured into doing things at work I just didn't feel comfortable with.

Maybe you're right in terms of what you deem the public evidence is, however I can assure you there's a whole lot more going on behind the scenes which if were to be found out would presumably alter public perception and opinion...

**bump**

Glasgow, I'd be interested in hearing what basis you say Sturrock, Widdrington, Jennings and Scriven are all 'yes' men.

PS - jury is out
TW - possibly (& hopefully) not, as said elsewhere he impressed me with what he had to say yesterday
BJ - most certainly, hence his rather Machevellian ousting of T&B
DS - see post above

Time for Tilly 2 Depart

There is no doubt, Tilly is Southend through and through and he has blue blood running through his veins.

However, he looked lost over the last 6 - 12 months! Ok, the off field antics had a massive detrimental effect but he never come over with any confidence and looked a cardboard man, caught in he head lights!! The man had little in communication skills and never come across very well and always said the same thing, where our players ever motivated ??

He made massive bad signings and could get the best out of players where other managers certainly did - Hooper,Paynter,Knightly....

It’s a fact that Tilson done a fantastic job and got us in the Championship with the help of Freddie but it’s also a fact that he got himself back where he started -
League 2.

All the best Tilson but more so – welcome the management staff!

Couldn't agree more. What other football manager got relegated twice and kept his job? (I'm sure someone will tell us.)

No good being sentimental - he was past his sell-by date. However the interesting question is - Did Ron get rid of the wrong man when Brush was sacked?

In fairness to Tilly it must be bloody hard when he is constantly let down by the chairman. I am sure he was close to the players and they are all probably moaning at him.

I think Tilly did a super job for us but maybe the last year he wasnt himself. You could see in his interviews he looked dejeceted. I really hope he gets a good job and a decent chairman and goes on to make a sucess of himself.

As for Brushy I again felt for him at the time but I know I am a lot happier with Paul Sturrock in the hot seat that with all due respects I would have been had it been Brushy. I think Sturrock and Widdrington might well install some of the discipline that I think we have lacked at times of late.

You can only apportion Tilson with blame for one relegation. The most recent was the work of a chairman way past his sell-by date, both as a football chairman and a businessman.

The wrong man did indeed go in February. The one responsible for this is still at the helm, sadly.

In fairness to Tilly it must be bloody hard when he is constantly let down by the chairman. I am sure he was close to the players and they are all probably moaning at him.

I think Tilly did a super job for us but maybe the last year he wasnt himself. You could see in his interviews he looked dejeceted. I really hope he gets a good job and a decent chairman and goes on to make a sucess of himself.

As for Brushy I again felt for him at the time but I know I am a lot happier with Paul Sturrock in the hot seat that with all due respects I would have been had it been Brushy. I think Sturrock and Widdrington might well install some of the discipline that I think we have lacked at times of late.

i was told today from a very reliable source that tilly had lost the respect of many of the players under his wing and if he had come out and stood up to RM he would still here managing he club, you can belive what you like that is why we have this forum.

But source is close to several of the players and they dont lie do they

"fact that he got himself back where he started -
League 2. "
.......this made me laugh. Dunno what your agenda is mate but i tell you one thing, with everything that went on last season did you really expect Tilson to do better? Christ, then to say it is time Tilson went?
Sooner Tilson comes back the better, you don't know a good thing 'till it goes.

I really despair with some of our so called supporters.

PS - jury is out
TW - possibly (& hopefully) not, as said elsewhere he impressed me with what he had to say yesterday
BJ - most certainly, hence his rather Machevellian ousting of T&B
DS - see post above

I'm clearly missing something.

Why is the jury out on Sturrock? What has he done in his career that would make him be considered a yes-man. He's managed enough clubs that we can form a reasoned opinion of him. I don't believe that he has a reputation as a yes-man at any of those clubs.

What was Billy Jennings' role?

i was told today from a very reliable source that tilly had lost the respect of many of the players under his wing and if he had come out and stood up to RM he would still here managing he club, you can belive what you like that is why we have this forum.

But source is close to several of the players and they dont lie do they

If he stood up to Ron earlier he would've been sacked earlier. As for those players, they are a bloody disgrace, should never have gone down, wages or no wages. Bloody glad some have gone/ are trying to go, sooner the better. It's not nice not being paid, but don't crap on your own fans by not putting in the effort. And how could Tilly install discipline anyway? Threaten the players with getting subbed, ha! Dock their wages, ha!

This thread is bollocks.

I've done exactly that twice actually and the last time 2 years ago was out of work for just under 6 months because of it. This was with bills to pay & a young family. Very proud I am of the fact too, especially as I felt I was being pressured into doing things at work I just didn't feel comfortable with.

Maybe you're right in terms of what you deem the public evidence is, however I can assure you there's a whole lot more going on behind the scenes which if were to be found out would presumably alter public perception and opinion...

Blimey, yet another person in a position of influence on Shrimperzone who appears to have been made privy to "secret" information about RM and his dealings.... Shouldn't all this be discussed publicly now, instead of being alluded to all the time so we can make up our own minds?

Blimey, yet another person in a position of influence on Shrimperzone who appears to have been made privy to "secret" information about RM and his dealings.... Shouldn't all this be discussed publicly now, instead of being alluded to all the time so we can make up our own minds?

It's not RM...

Back