• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Wright - Worst thing about BBC Radio?

99% of DJs are C-Units, spotify radio is the answer, just music.

Only radio shows I've ever liked for the presenters were the Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant show with Karl Pilkington on XFM and the Russell Brand show with Matt Morgan and Trevor Lock on BBC 6 and 2

Steve Lamacq (even thought he is Col U), Marc Riley and Gideon Coe on BBC6 are great. I actually don't mind Shaun Keavny although I can see he can be a bit irritating.

I really detest this bloke. The dated format (80s radio 1 breakfast 'wacky DJ'), the singing over songs in a deliberately out of tune voice, the sycophantic interviews and that ****ing 'serious jockin' crap you get on Friday afternoons, which is just 'pump up the jam' by Technotronic on a loop.

Sarah Cox would be so much better for that slot...………...
I was with you until that last sentence; Cox really is the worst thing about BBC radio IMHO.

Steve Lamacq (even thought he is Col U), Marc Riley and Gideon Coe on BBC6 are great. I actually don't mind Shaun Keavny although I can see he can be a bit irritating.
Got a lot of time for Gideon Coe, and not just cos he regularly plays my stuff :Thumbs up:

One of the more annoying things in life is not being able to remember the name of the BBC Essex sports presenter that drives me mad with the drivel he spouts when commentating on the Southend games. Help me out someone I want to be abusive but I need the name.:Unsure:

One of the more annoying things in life is not being able to remember the name of the BBC Essex sports presenter that drives me mad with the drivel he spouts when commentating on the Southend games. Help me out someone I want to be abusive but I need the name.:Unsure:
Must be Stuart Smith, should never be let near a mic

With huge thanks to @BILLERICAY BLUE for jogging my aged memory I would offer up Stuart Smith of BBC Essex as being the worst thing about BBC Radio. He is, without doubt, the worst commentator it has been my misfortune to tune into on BBC Radio. I could go on, but you get my drift.

The summariser on the Col U games drives us mad - asks their manager the same question in about 5 different ways, and absolutely fawns over McGreal!

I really detest this bloke. The dated format (80s radio 1 breakfast 'wacky DJ'), the singing over songs in a deliberately out of tune voice, the sycophantic interviews and that ****ing 'serious jockin' crap you get on Friday afternoons, which is just 'pump up the jam' by Technotronic on a loop.

Sarah Cox would be so much better for that slot...………...
Hi Steve hows the show? Same old crap as years ago

Must admit, if i'm driving in the afternoon, i have the Steve Wright show on, mainly because their traffic bulletins are very good.
Unlike poky Heart FM, waste of space. And agree with OBL, cant stand Amanda Holden on the breakfast show.
Are Martin & Sue now on BBC Essex in the mornings?. Not that i'd tune in, like many others prefer Smooth or Magic these days ( old git! ).

Any one of a certain age would remember Saturday morning was the late great Brian Matthews time,a brilliant voice and tracks many had forgotten,do miss his show so much on Sounds of the Sixties

Back