• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Wright - Worst thing about BBC Radio?

anybody remember Laser, pirate station in the 1980s? I remember Charlie Wolf - "The C Wolf" an American (I think they all were) he always started off by saying "sod off my good friends". Don't think he knew what it meant but made me laugh.

anybody remember Laser, pirate station in the 1980s? I remember Charlie Wolf - "The C Wolf" an American (I think they all were) he always started off by saying "sod off my good friends". Don't think he knew what it meant but made me laugh.
Atlantic 558 was another one. They just went bust rather than sunk, twice.

505 is not, imo,much to listen to.
With Danny Baker it had authenticity and was not just about the Prem.
These days it is something I will give a few minuted to, in the car, after an away game and then try to find anything as it MUST be better!

They must have been the same station as it was Laser 558.
Remember Caesar the Boogie Man?
He doesn't ring a bell but I was more a Caroline fan anyway. Still listen to it now, especially when I'm working around Essex as it's a pretty good reception for AM. Going out to the Ross Revenge in May as well during broadcasting. Really looking forward to that.

I remember

Radio Caroline
Radio Altantis
Radio Essex
Radio Invicta
Radio Luxembourg
Radio Free London
Radio London
King Radio
Radio Veronica
Radio Northsea International
Britain Radio/Swinging Radio
Radio Sutch
Radio City
Radio 277
Radio 355
Radio 390

and I am sure there were many others.

He sent both my sons an autographed pic postcard of himself, late 80's ( i think? ). Seem to recall he lost his show after some kind of scandal?.
He was always somewhat controversial! seemed to be the thing in the 80's Shock Jock.
Remember Tony Blackburn being sacked on air by Radio London.
What a great station that was with the late great Steve Walsh (you what,you what,you what,you what,you what).

I can't stand Lauren Laverne or Shaun Keavney and feel it is a shame Radcliffe and Maconie have been shunted to weekends.

Radcliffe and Maconie undoubtedly the best thing (getting to the stage saying the only thing) on the BBC, tv and radio.
I think it was by choice they scaled down from week days to weekends. I was concerned at first because they were going to clash with the only other BBC bod worth listening to, Danny Baker, but luckily they kicked him out and replaced his popular show with utter crap.
Not keen with what has replaced the aforementioned Radcliffe Maconie either.
As for Jeremy Vine, seriously would rather clean the road with my tongue than listen to that knob.

Blimey, i guess so. He was quite a large geezer & wore glasses, who used to have a woman on his show, he called The Duchess.

That was Jimmy Savile's moniker for his mother.

On reflection and with the benefit of hindsight, maybe JS was the worst and most abominable 'thing' about BBC Radio.

That was Jimmy Savile's moniker for his mother.

On reflection and with the benefit of hindsight, maybe JS was the worst and most abominable 'thing' about BBC Radio.

How bout the people who knew exactly what was going on but allowed it to happen. People in enough power to stop it within an hour......The quicker the TV license fee goes the better. I guess they know more and more people are not paying it anyway.

Yes, sadly ironic for a radio station to have a code of silence on the JS front.

There is that now famous clip where Johnny Rotten mentions Savile and hinted he was a wrong'un.....The BBC made sure he was banned after that. Be good to see who's in the group who made that decision

I remember

Radio Caroline
Radio Altantis
Radio Essex
Radio Invicta
Radio Luxembourg
Radio Free London
Radio London
King Radio
Radio Veronica
Radio Northsea International
Britain Radio/Swinging Radio
Radio Sutch
Radio City
Radio 277
Radio 355
Radio 390

and I am sure there were many others.

Kenny and Cash.......on London.

As you know, I don't like to big myself up about my radio appearances but I've got a cracker of an interview with Wreckless Eric on Coast FM this Sunday from 20.03 to 21.30. He was in brilliant form and every time he made me laugh, I started coughing up some residual phlegm from my recent bout of manflu. Don't miss it > https://www.coastfm.co.uk/ <

As you know, I don't like to big myself up about my radio appearances but I've got a cracker of an interview with Wreckless Eric on Coast FM this Sunday from 20.03 to 21.30. He was in brilliant form and every time he made me laugh, I started coughing up some residual phlegm from my recent bout of manflu. Don't miss it > https://www.coastfm.co.uk/ <

You’re not selling it too well......

Problem is we can’t get it in Blackpool.

Back