• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley

White Bolger Prosser Coker

Worrall, Leonard, Clifford, Weston

Barnard Coulthirst

First trip to the Hall this season for me, can't wait to get back!

Don't like not seeing Hurst in the team but he hasn't been great of late and loss of form is the reason it's great to have competition for places. Coulthirst will be big for us this season. Just needs to iron out a few creases and be more composed in front of goal as he has a tendency to snatch at shots. It will all come with time, but I can see him getting 15+ goals this season if he gets a decent run in the side.

Bentley

Worrall, Leonard, Clifford, Weston

Barnard Coulthirst

I like the look of this line-up. To be honest, I'm also happy with Corr playing instead of Barnard. especially with 2 proper wingers to put in some good crosses. Hurst and Payne available from the bench if/when needed, to try to open up the game a little more. Looks a strong team to me.

I'd go for:

Bentley
White Ibenfeldt Bolger Coker
Worrall Clifford Leonard Weston
Corr Coulthirst

Absolutely.Spot on.Someone agrees with me at last!
Worrall was hitting excellent ,accurate crosses on Tuesday.I am sure Corr would have converted one or more of them.Barnard looked fitter and up for it but just doesn't look like scoring.
Prosser's woeful distribution was emphasized because Walsall did what others will do and left him as the free man who had to make a pass forwards-to the opposition mostly.
Weston made things happen when he came on.Payne will be good to bring on after about an hour,I'm sure he can shoot more powerfully.

Unchanged from last Saturday..

Bentley
Leonard Clifford
Hurst Weston Coulthirst
Corr

After his excellent performance on Tuesday I'd be looking for Barney to start but Stevenage are so physical I'd say BBBC HAS to play this weekend. Tough on Barney but......

After his excellent performance on Tuesday I'd be looking for Barney to start but Stevenage are so physical I'd say BBBC HAS to play this weekend. Tough on Barney but......
I also expect Barry to start, Barney is not afraid of the rough stuff so that isn't a worry; however I do expect him to come on and replace Barry if he gets carded.

V festival this weekend however not sure that will drastically reduce the numbers

With Justin Timberlake headlining I would say it won't impact us at all! :) Infact, I think they are still trying to sell tickets..

Expect a typically niggly game against Stevenage - with the horrible Graham Westley back in charge i hope all our players dont rise to the bait of the total wind up merchants we'll be battling against. Expect a massive amount of nasty challenges , off the ball aggro + back chat & lots of pressure on the ref as they over react to any retaliation. I wonder how many times Phil Brown has managed against them ? ....It could be a tasty confrontation between Brown & Westley on the touchline ... i reckon the 4th official will be kept well busy!

We dont generally tend to play well against nasty teams so i'd take a draw -- and no red cards for Corr & Clifford !!!!

Expect a typically niggly game against Stevenage - with the horrible Graham Westley back in charge i hope all our players dont rise to the bait of the total wind up merchants we'll be battling against. Expect a massive amount of nasty challenges , off the ball aggro + back chat & lots of pressure on the ref as they over react to any retaliation. I wonder how many times Phil Brown has managed against them ? ....It could be a tasty confrontation between Brown & Westley on the touchline ... i reckon the 4th official will be kept well busy!

We dont generally tend to play well against nasty teams so i'd take a draw -- and no red cards for Corr & Clifford !!!!

They are a big physical team, much like Northampton last year, Hopefully we can contain them and play a good solid passing game, which eventually opened up the cobblers. Wesley is one manger I really dislike I find his interviews odious! Additionally his tactics are abysmal. I have only bad memories of us playing them. I'm really surprised the club / fans keep having him back... 3rd stint, right?

My central memory of Westley's teams are that they are very very fit and work hard for the full 90 odd minutes.
And I believe PB has got our heroes up to a similar level of athleticism, with more skill.
So 3 points for the mighty Shrimpers.

Back from Florida for a short time so really excited about going today and taking my son to his first Southend match.

Hope you and your son enjoy the match. Always a momentous moment when the next generation comes with you for the first time.

Oooh, so much the better prise if we give them a good hiding!
Your post has got me fired up for the game already :thumbsup: Hope some of the players have seen this post too.

Back