• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Stockdale signs on Emergency loan

Have I missed something, but what's happened with our captain then?

Oxley and Kightly got three match bans after the Charlton game. The next competitive match was Cambridge in the Checkawotsit Cup but it didn't count towards their bans, although they were not allowed to play in that game (a bit weird). Since then we have played Peterborough and Shrewsbury, so this is the third qualifying game of their bans.

How odd, has this been done on a week by week arrangement then? you would have thought it would have been 3 weeks from the outset.

They only got 3 game bans did they? That would make this the last one then and they will be available at Wycombe. For some reason I thought it was 4 games but I may have made that up

They only got 3 game bans did they? That would make this the last one then and they will be available at Wycombe. For some reason I thought it was 4 games but I may have made that up
You only get a 3 match ban unles you lodge an appeal and lose, then it's 4 matches. CP was considering an appeal in Kightly's case but decided against it. Maybe that's what you had in mind @Spaceman Spiff ?

Oxley and Kightly got three match bans after the Charlton game. The next competitive match was Cambridge in the Checkawotsit Cup but it didn't count towards their bans, although they were not allowed to play in that game (a bit weird). Since then we have played Peterborough and Shrewsbury, so this is the third qualifying game of their bans.
Cheers mate

So, after seeing Stockdale in 2 of his 3 outings for us I can’t say I was overly impressed. Not saying he was a bad keeper, but 2 things stood out; he likes to punch (the ball that is, rather than the Ox’s preference) rather than catch / he looks at least a stone overweight.

Looking forward to seeing the Ox back in the No1 shirt.

Bring on the Ox !

So, after seeing Stockdale in 2 of his 3 outings for us I can’t say I was overly impressed. Not saying he was a bad keeper, but 2 things stood out; he likes to punch (the ball that is, rather than the Ox’s preference) rather than catch / he looks at least a stone overweight.

Bring on the Ox !
I would suggest punching yesterday with a wet ball / wet pitch was the right thing to do.
When under no pressure he caught easily - think he knows what he’s doing

He made one bad punch yesterday but was pretty faultless bar that, mind you he didn't have much to do!

Bring on the Ox !

I thought the reason we have Stockdale in goal is because Oxley loves to punch.

I saw him over the three games and got better progressively. Good distribution and kicking but as others have hinted perhaps not in the best physical condition. I wish him well.

You only get a 3 match ban unles you lodge an appeal and lose, then it's 4 matches. CP was considering an appeal in Kightly's case but decided against it. Maybe that's what you had in mind @Spaceman Spiff ?

That's not right. Most unsuccessful appeals remain with a 3 match ban although they have the option to increase to 4 matches if the appeal is deemed frivolous. That rarely happens.

Back