• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Stockport Defender

bluebrian

First XI
According to the Echo we are trying to sign a Stockport County defender - didn't catch his name but apparently we haven't matched the valuation of 50k and now it has alerted other clubs.........

Well, as fans we may not know the guys name, age, track record, history of injuries, character or even where precisely he plays across the back four, but still I find it disgraceful that the club have tried to negotiate instead of matching the valuation Stockport have placed upon him. Ron Martin may think that he's the man just because he's trying to secure us a Championship quality stadium, but it's things like this that only serve to underline that he has to go.

Well, as fans we may not know the guys name, age, track record, history of injuries, character or even where precisely he plays across the back four, but still I find it disgraceful that the club have tried to negotiate instead of matching the valuation Stockport have placed upon him. Ron Martin may think that he's the man just because he's trying to secure us a Championship quality stadium, but it's things like this that only serve to underline that he has to go.

Spot on Sussex, everyone knows that all players good enough to remain unnamed are worth at least 50k. Throw 150k at it, that's what I say.

The name of the player isn't a secret apparently its all on the back page of the echo - a friend called me with the story and told me his name - I just can't remember it and its not up on the echo web site at the moment. I also can' get hold of my friend as his mobile is now turned off. If I could get hold of the echo I would but its not sold where I work.

Yeah, clubs never negotiate.

Look at us, we demanded £2M for Freddy and didn't flinch til we got it.

Bartering is so passe.

And if you think "negotiating" alerts other clubs you're in cloud cuckoo land. Agents alert other clubs, not negotiations. They talk the selling price up becuase that talks up the player's wages and ergo, the agent's commission.

Spot on Sussex, everyone knows that all players good enough to remain unnamed are worth at least 50k. Throw 150k at it, that's what I say.

150K? That's the kind of attitude that saw Theo move to the 'Udders. I don't know who this bloke is, but why we're not bidding at least seven figures is a mystery to me.

I think Stockport only have 4 defenders left and one of them is Josh Thompson who has a valuation a fair bit higher than £50k.

My guess would be Michael Raynes is probably the target. A young centre-back, who's come through the ranks at Stockport.

Alternatively there's Michael Rose who is a well-regarded Left Back, and who was talking of joining the Monkeyhangers. A northerner though, and one who now says he's going nowhere now.

Johnny Mullins could be the target. Southerner but a Right Back so not as likely.

Unless T&B figure Franno will be our new CB???

Although i haven't seen him play there, I have read on here by some people that Franno is much better in the middle than at right back, Barrett and Franno in the middle with Stockport fella on the right?

Now just gotta sort that left back problem out.

My guess would be Michael Raynes is probably the target. A young centre-back, who's come through the ranks at Stockport.

Yes it is. I know this because I bought the Echo.

The valuation is £50k because they're in administration otherwise it would be higher, so we're trying to barter down what is already a bargain and risk losing out to Motherwell where his old boss Gannon is in charge.

I am for once, worried.

Stockport are coming out of administration; they have a new consortium in charge and a CVA agreed with their creditors. They lost a few players at fire sale prices but started to dig their heels in when Peterborough tried to steal Josh Thompson from them.

If there are other clubs interested then I think we're doing the right thing by starting the bidding low rather than steaming in with a big bid like Swindon did with Theo.

If the bids rise over our valuation of the player then we look elsewhere.

Just like eBay really ... now there's a thought :)

According to the Echo we are trying to sign a Stockport County defender - didn't catch his name but apparently we haven't matched the valuation of 50k and now it has alerted other clubs.........

The Echo has a essex/east london circulation. You've alerted far more clubs by publishing it on the world wide wide. Did you not think man!

Back