• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Stockport Defender

I am somewhat surprised at Mr Phillips. After the reaction of the club to the Theo situation he has not only published who we are trying to sign, but how much the club in question want! Why doesn't he just ring round a few clubs to alert them some more?

As for Raynes, he'd be a decent enough signing in my opinion. He wasn't first choice on our list, but he's a player who probably hasn't quite fulfilled his potential as yet and it would give us a chance of helping him to do that, thus making us a bit of money. He's young, yet still has good experience, he's a good height and has a bit of a pedigree as I seem to remember him being linked with some big clubs as a teenager. I was slightly disappointed to hear Stockport's other decent young centre half, Tunnicliffe, go to Brighton, so if we could get the other one, that'd do me. Stepanov and Raynes and I'd feel slightly more confident about the upcoming season. £50,000 is a very decent asking price methinks. If we balls this up I will be seriously miffed.

He scores so many own goals.

certainly sounds interesting then ;)

we need a bit more excitement (and ridiculousness) at the back now clarkeys gone

seriously though, he's got a face and a name, and apparently he's played for another club..

SOMEBODY GET HIM A PEN AND SIGN THAT CONTRACT, NOW

It's not like Tilly to come out and name a target.

I think there is more than meets the eye with this story....

Have to agree with you. Very curious that the paper is running the story.
One has to believe that the article has been provided by the club otherwise I would have surely heard the cry of fury from Ron, all the way down here!
So, what reason would there be for us to announce our target........and the price tag, so blatently???? ............Curious........very curious.
Considering the pain it has caused us in broadcasting our failure to land either Ben Chorley or Robinson, it's surely not possible that we will let it happen a third time?..........unless, of course,Tilly and Ron have taken a course in masochism.

Have to agree with you. Very curious that the paper is running the story.
One has to believe that the article has been provided by the club otherwise I would have surely heard the cry of fury from Ron, all the way down here!
So, what reason would there be for us to announce our target........and the price tag, so blatently???? ............Curious........very curious.
Considering the pain it has caused us in broadcasting our failure to land either Ben Chorley or Robinson, it's surely not possible that we will let it happen a third time?..........unless, of course,Tilly and Ron have taken a course in masochism.

Exactly.

Maybe it's a done deal?....

Quote from a SCFC message board - "what a joke, hopefully now things are moving forward there won't be any more player sales . . . £50k pathetic . . . he could hold his own at our level easily and possibly worth nearer £300k +add ons"

Sounds like £50k would be a bargain.

I find it disgraceful that the club have tried to negotiate instead of matching the valuation Stockport have placed upon him.

Yeah, me too. What is the club thinking? We should pay whatever clubs ask us to pay without attempting to negotiate. Maybe, just so we're seen as being extra nice, we should even give clubs a little bit extra to show our appreciation.

What's more, when we're selling a player, we should always accept the buying club's first offer.

Ron, what are you thinking?

Number 1... was Damien Scannell
Number 2... was Damien Scannell
Number 3... was Damien Scannell
Number 4... was Damien Scannell
Number 5...

Echo story

SCFC stats say he is 6' 4"

0,,10419~3759132,00.jpg

When he comes down Sarf from oop North, he will have to learn our ways.
Down here it is One stud in One ear only, and the stud should be half the size.
Also the stud hole needs to be re-done to be a couple of mm higher.
Sort this out and we will bid 60K for him.

I haven't heard of him before today, don't recall him from either game against Stockport last season, never seen him mentioned on here before today.
All in all if we don't sign him I will be very upset and I fear it could be the players's reluctance to take up golf that will sink any potential deal.

In all seriousness this guy would be a quality signing and for £50k it's a steal for a player of his potential. Raynes was very, very highly-rated a couple of years back and was strongly linked with Liverpool among others (infact I believe he had at least one trial up there). I'll be delighted if we get him, dragging our feet over what is a very reasonable price and allowing another club to come in and nick him would be criminal in my opinion. I back Ron and Tilly 100% in not wanting to spend a ridiculous amount of money on Theo but I'll be miffed if haggling over Raynes costs us a quality player.

perhaps details are released to back up the

"we tried for players but clubs are asking far too much money" sob story,

if we can't afford players just say so and scout around the freebie section i would rather that than all this we tried but failed (without really trying) rubbish.......

In fairness the players agent is probably the one banding it about who is after him. Its also in Stockports interest to get as many interested buyers as possible to get the best price if they are resigned to loosing him so not sure blue brian or the echo really come into the equation for leaking the story.

Rangers and Celtic aside, If I was a footballer the offer of a move to a Scottish club would be far from appealing given the current financial climate and state of the scottish game... The Club really should be promoting the way in which Freddy Eastwood and Nicky Bailey excelled at the club to move on to "better" things, and how the young loanees we have had have all gone back to their clubs as better players.

The fact Tilson has named a target bodes well for this transfer.

Rangers and Celtic aside, If I was a footballer the offer of a move to a Scottish club would be far from appealing given the current financial climate and state of the scottish game... The Club really should be promoting the way in which Freddy Eastwood and Nicky Bailey excelled at the club to move on to "better" things, and how the young loanees we have had have all gone back to their clubs as better players.

The fact Tilson has named a target bodes well for this transfer.

Exactly my thinking.

Tilson has always said he will not name a target unless he is confident of securing his signature.

On that basis I wouldn't be surprised to see Raynes' mug on the OS in the next few days...

In all seriousness this guy would be a quality signing and for £50k it's a steal for a player of his potential. Raynes was very, very highly-rated a couple of years back and was strongly linked with Liverpool among others (infact I believe he had at least one trial up there). I'll be delighted if we get him, dragging our feet over what is a very reasonable price and allowing another club to come in and nick him would be criminal in my opinion. I back Ron and Tilly 100% in not wanting to spend a ridiculous amount of money on Theo but I'll be miffed if haggling over Raynes costs us a quality player.

Sorry to **** on your fire but you have the wrong player.The one that was highly rated and had a trial at Liverpool joined us recently.Please check your facts pal.

Back