• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Stockport Defender

Echo story

SCFC stats say he is 6' 4"

0,,10419~3759132,00.jpg

Last edited:
Looking like, he will fit right in living in Southend ;)

Are you suggesting he looks like the sort you find on the seafront on a Friday/Saturday night, motoring around in a clapped out Nova, driving like a joyrider?...

The Echo has a essex/east london circulation. You've alerted far more clubs by publishing it on the world wide wide. Did you not think man!

Stupid - stupid - stupid me. Sorry to all! Note to self keep your mouth shut.

bluebrian, ignore the above post.

The fact is Tilly named his target, and the echo published it in print and on the www, plus I'm sure the players agent will have alerted plenty of other clubs anyway.

Plus the thought that other clubs spend their days looking at shrimperzone to find transfer targets is just daft, rather than using say, their extensive scouting networks and knowledge of the game.

I know we should be sensible in our bids - as I stated in the thread about Theo, I think that Ron and Tilly did the right thing.

But if Tilson wants this guy - why havent we matched £50k for him - that's (relatively) nothing as we apparantly have the dosh from what we offered Watford for Robinson.

I WILL start to worry if we lose out on this one :(

what amazes me is we bid £70k for Robinson ( which got turned down ) yet now we can't find £50k for Raynes, so what's happened to this money?

Not only will we miss out on a) a cheap deal and b) another ideal player, we'll alert other clubs to how financially hard up we are.

I can see us missing out in the transfer market and come August we'll have another team made up of loanees and crocks.

Although I hope I'm wrong

It's not like Tilly to come out and name a target.

I think there is more than meets the eye with this story....

Are you suggesting he looks like the sort you find on the seafront on a Friday/Saturday night, motoring around in a clapped out Nova, driving like a joyrider?...

In a word, yes.

Although still sign him up.... or we'll end down the seafront signing the lads up down there anyway!

what amazes me is we bid £70k for Robinson ( which got turned down ) yet now we can't find £50k for Raynes, so what's happened to this money?

Who says we can't find it? Maybe T&B don't think he's worth that much.

Not only will we miss out on a) a cheap deal and b) another ideal player, we'll alert other clubs to how financially hard up we are.

I can see us missing out in the transfer market and come August we'll have another team made up of loanees and crocks.

Although I hope I'm wrong

It's simple really.........nothing has happened to that money. However Tilly's thinking is that, if we spend £50K on this guy Raynes.............
.......that leaves him only £20K to fill the rest of the positions. "Like I say,
what on earth can you buy with £20K???"

Back