• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Stockport Defender

RM has made money available in the past for who T&B believe are the "right" players. I see no reason to see why that should have now changed. Simply because we don't bite other teams hands off every time a centre half or left back is for sale it doesn't mean we can't afford them.

It just means we won't pay what is being asked.

For all we know Stepanov may be a really tasty prospect and Raynes is wanted as decent cover. None of us know what is exactly happening, do we? So let's all take a chill pill 'cos there's nothing any of us can do about it.

It's about time RM gave Tilson some much needed funds for players!

To miss out on Robinson was nothing short of shocking, and to think we may miss out on another potential hot prospect would be tragic.

Brush came out the other month and quoted that they don't want to leave it too late in getting new players in, and want more of a settled side this season, well the build upto this season is very much shaping like last season.

Is RM really taking this club forward? Also i thought the building work was starting this summer on the new ground, well it's summer now isn't it?

Whats going on?? Can it only be a matter of time when Tilson get's fed up with RM's talk and goes to another club?

Oh yeah, where's this war chest Tilly was promised ages ago?

Worrying!

Could someone clarify - how I am in any way linked with leaking the story?

You're to blame and we know where you live (close to the Hall). There can't be many blokes called Brian in the area, we'll find you, don't try to run........

(p.s could you give us a brief description, just in case there are a few Brians hanging about when we come to get you!) ;)

It's about time RM gave Tilson some much needed funds for players!
And you know for definate that he hasnt ? Tilly himself said that £275k for Theo was more than HE was preapred to pay !

To miss out on Robinson was nothing short of shocking, and to think we may miss out on another potential hot prospect would be tragic.
Yeah tragic that if we'd have bought him and he hadnt scored 30 league goals by the end of september that you'd have him in the same bracket as Billy Paynter and MAtt Harrold !

Brush came out the other month and quoted that they don't want to leave it too late in getting new players in, and want more of a settled side this season, well the build upto this season is very much shaping like last season.
We do have a fairly settled side, we only really need a Centre Back to be able to kick of the season with a reasonable side !

Is RM really taking this club forward? Also i thought the building work was starting this summer on the new ground, well it's summer now isn't it?
Eeerrr £8million debt reduced to £2million, being an upper half league one side. Is that not forward progress ?? summer is only 2 weeks old now and goes on for quite a while longer, just wait until the end of it and we'll see !

Whats going on?? Can it only be a matter of time when Tilson get's fed up with RM's talk and goes to another club?If you really think this then i feel you are a fool, Tilly will not leave this club unless eh is sacked

Oh yeah, where's this war chest Tilly was promised ages ago?
Fair point, but we dont have any proof that Tilly has asked for any of it.

Worrying

!Only to you, or are you really worrying or sitting there with a big smile hoping that you'll get lots of chances for you doom and gloom mongering this season ???

If you read some of the comments from Stockport fans on their forum, Mr Raynes sounds remarkedly similar to Peter Clarke. "Lacks concentration, can't pass the ball, is skinned everytime the ball is played over the top etc etc. Not many seem to feel that they are losing a quality player! Very worrying if you ask me......added to all that he apparently frequently picks up niggling injuries.

If you read some of the comments from Stockport fans on their forum, Mr Raynes sounds remarkedly similar to Peter Clarke. "Lacks concentration, can't pass the ball, is skinned everytime the ball is played over the top etc etc. Not many seem to feel that they are losing a quality player! Very worrying if you ask me......added to all that he apparently frequently picks up niggling injuries.

None of the above is relevant. All that matters is that we sign a player and spend money. What they player is like is beside the point.

I am always very wary of listening to fans when faced with the prospect of losing one of their players. Lets face it Stockport fans have been shat on royally and are probably pretty bitter! Orient fans told us Barney was useless, some fans on here didnt rate Clarke before he was leaving but sang his praises throughout the season, fans are very fickle. Anyway hes an improvement on what we have at the moment which is sweet FA!

I am always very wary of listening to fans when faced with the prospect of losing one of their players. Lets face it Stockport fans have been shat on royally and are probably pretty bitter! Orient fans told us Barney was useless, some fans on here didnt rate Clarke before he was leaving but sang his praises throughout the season, fans are very fickle. Anyway hes an improvement on what we have at the moment which is sweet FA!
Here's hoping CB.

Heard rumours that Gannon wants to take him with him to Motherwell, if true I doubt our chances of getting him. Even if he did come here he'll end up doing a Clarke and want to go back north, not many northerners we've brought in have wanted to stay long. :/

Back