• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
In January nearly every one was saying we will sell Hall or Kane or Grant but we held on to all our players for the big push. Ron could have cashed in but looked at the bigger picture. He gave PS the funds to go out and improve the team again.
All people were worried about is 'how is Ron affording this?'
I don't know how, but he did . PS built this team from scratch. He must take responsibility for the current form.
Be honest we have all seen it coming. We said to Clunie 'WE CANT GO ON WITH THIS STLYE'. All he came out with is stats and told us to stop moaning.

These players don't care that Tara has gone. That is a total red herring.

PS should be a man and take the blame.
But don't blame Ron its just not right.

In January nearly every one was saying we will sell Hall or Kane or Grant but we held on to all our players for the big push. Ron could have cashed in but looked at the bigger picture. He gave PS the funds to go out and improve the team again.
I don't know how, but he did . PS built this team from scratch. He must take responsibility for the current form.
Be honest we have all seen it coming. We said to Clunie 'WE CANT GO ON WITH THIS STLYE'. All he came out with is stats and told us to stop moaning.

You are MoRon and I claim my £5

Ron Martin has deluded all! However I wouldn't say that Ron is the only reason we aren't playing very well! But he could be one of those! Even if we win the league this year and he manages to build the ground which is definitely going to get built by the way....

I still want the little snake man away from my club!

I smell bullshiiiiiiiiit.

As someone who does speak to people at the club, I can assure you that the players DO give a **** about Tara Brady going. He was close to the management and the squad.

I Think you'll also find that many were hugely unimpressed by his moronic appearance in the dressing room last week. The bloke's man management skills are ****ing shocking and all he does is rub people up the wrong way. The list of people he's alienated is as long as my right arm and working for him is likely to be a chore at best.

All of the above, though, doesn't mean that I blame him entirely. PS must take a lot of the buck too for the poor style and lack of a plan b.

Well I hope however much the players do give a crap about tara going, it does not affect them on the pitch 1%. They are payed to play football and it has
Nothing to do with who is running the club. I don't particularly like our chief executive but I don't try any less to get my patients better and if I did I would be a disgrace to the profession that I earn a good wage from.

I don't blame Ron for our football, lack of points or anything like that, it's Sturrock who should take the blame last week and again today!

Ron is not to blame he is not the one out on the pitch putting the below par performances in. PS gives the players a game plan which has been tactics of 4-5-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 all season with the longball style of play.
It has worked all season and now our play has been found out and teams know exactly how to play us.
Doubling up on Hall so he cant cut inside, Doubling up on Bilel or tryin to wind him up.

Quickest players being moved on their run to frighten Gilbert.

It's the players on the pitch who are not performing, PS at times leaves his substitutions far to late and they have no affect on the game however that has not been the case in the last 2 matches.
The players seem frightened to express themselves on the pitch because they get slated by sections of the crowd everytime something goes wrong.
Fitness levels dont appear all that great either at the moment.

Start blaming what happens on the pitch and not off it. Saying that we are still top 3 and be going up the end of the season

UTB

I smell bullshiiiiiiiiit.

As someone who does speak to people at the club, I can assure you that the players DO give a **** about Tara Brady going. He was close to the management and the squad.

I Think you'll also find that many were hugely unimpressed by his moronic appearance in the dressing room last week. The bloke's man management skills are ****ing shocking and all he does is rub people up the wrong way. The list of people he's alienated is as long as my right arm and working for him is likely to be a chore at best.

Having text Tara he has replied that Ron wants to meet him Monday. Tara wants a big cheque before he chats, personally would want the cash as the penny has dropped with him finally as well!

I believe that Tara's replacement is........................... wait for it................................ Geoffrey King.

Quelle surpris!!.:sad:

I believe that Tara's replacement is........................... wait for it................................ Geoffrey King.

Quelle surpris!!.:sad:

Fat Jethro was seen leaving RH on the night of the SZ Q&A with PS. He has slimed his way back. Probably charging the club fortunes in wages.

"Tara wants a big cheque "

so do I .......

a bit of a problem if someone has got your money and all you have have got is some bit of paper with RMs name on it .......

here is a list of some people who had watertight binding legal contractual agreements with Ron Martin who did not get the money they were owed, leagally entitled to, contractually bound to recieve when they were owed it

Adam Barrat
Alan MacCormack
Steve Tilson
Simon Francis
Franck Moussa
etc etc tec etc

as John Lydon said "ever had the feeling you've been had~"

There does seem to be a hysteria surrounding RM when things don't go our way. Listen to BBC Essex during the season, and we've barely heard his name mentioned this season, up until a couple of months ago when our form went patchy, and now he's at fault and must leave the club.

I think most of us share the same opinion about RM, but I fail to see what connection there is between him and ou recent slump in form. Yes, he sacked Tilly, but to be fair, he brought in a replacement with a proven track record who rebult the club from scratch and now has us 3rd in the league. We're hardly one of League Two's small spenders this season either.... Nobody knows what state our finances are in, but he's backed PS in the transfer market thus far and we have a pretty large squad... In fact I imagine one of the largest in League Two.

If he had a rant on Tuesday evening, so what? Maybe it's not his place, but then again, maybe it is - He's not the first chairman to do so, and he won't be the last. He pays the salaries, perhaps he felt it was justified - Even if it wasn't, I'm not sure the players were in ANY position to complain about it after such an abject performance.

Finally, regarding Tara Brady - I find it ludicrous that some are suggesting his departure from the club has had such an effect on the team that we have hit this brick wall in terms of consistency. He's not the manager, he wasn't even the chairman, he was the Cheif Exec - That has NO baring on how the players play on the pitch, and if they have let it effect them, then that is quite frankly the most ridiculous excuse for poor performances since leaves on the line!! Sorry, cuts no ice with me, his leaving the club would have had no direct effect on their performance.

Back