• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Street Crime UK: Southend v Derby 1994

BaileytheQuitter

Spelling Guru
Was watching the TV show Street Crime UK earlier on Bravo and one of the reports was on the trouble after the game against Derby at Roots hall in 1994.

I was only 4 at the time but still I've never heard anything about this. Seemed rather nasty.

What was funny was seeing some familiar faces I recognise from around Roots Hall but 15 years younger. So for any of you that we're at the game- lovely moustache's!

Was watching the TV show Street Crime UK earlier on Bravo and one of the reports was on the trouble after the game against Derby at Roots hall in 1994.

I was only 4 at the time but still I've never heard anything about this. Seemed rather nasty.

What was funny was seeing some familiar faces I recognise from around Roots Hall but 15 years younger. So for any of you that we're at the game- lovely moustache's!
I walked across the middle of the pitch with a southend shirt on and a jumper underneath I think. Walked right thru the middle of the aggro where the big guy was spraying the CS gas.

I think I remember that, I was in the north bank at the time and was going to buy a 2nd hand car after the game, so I had about £3k in my coat pocket. (Stupid I know)

Needless to say I was more worried about protecting the cash than protecting Mrs Ex-TTB.

Its quite good to see the fat Indian Derby guy throw one of the worst punches ever recorded and then get CS gassed in the face. Funny how Derbys bully boys didnt want to know after that.

I remember it well I ran on the pitch to get lee nogans shirt he had it over his head when I glanced left and saw the derby coming, I patted him on the belly and said 'keep it' as I legged it

Remember that game and the fights that happened beforehand down at the Forresters

I was only 4 at the time too!

:whistling:

I was there, I was the 1st Southend fan to get to the old South Bank and touch Paul Sansome. When I saw the Derby crowd I soon ran though lol, the problem was I had my Southend flag (on a stick) my air horn, a stupid hat and other bits with me that held me back but I ran so fast into town and think I stopped when I got near the old C&A lol

There was a few of us all with southend flags in the north bank every game, so if we annoyed you then i'm sorry about that lol

My mate actually shat himself with those riots, he was young to be fair but he wasn't silly as he ran down the tunnel and up into the directors box lol

Finest pitch battle, v Sheffield Wednesday in 75 (my first game, I was 7)

The Derby game. I remember Ginger literally throwing the now ex Mrs LF back into the North Bank. Remember seeing the Street Crime programme when it was first aired. I wouldn't say it was Happy Days.

I remember it well. I travelled down from up Norf with my girlfriend (later to be ex-wife)to her first Blues match.

I was in the East stand and I remember the Derby fans trying to get to some family members of a coloured player we had in our team at the time cos his family were givin it large.....

One that I'll remember maybe not the missus.... :)

What in your opinion is the worst violence you've ever seen at a Southend game?

As a relatively young fan at 24 mine is quite tame in being Leicester at home last season.

I've never really seen much vioilence at football as I think the policing and stewarding is a lot more over the top than it used to be. Would older posters agree?

What in your opinion is the worst violence you've ever seen at a Southend game?

As a relatively young fan at 24 mine is quite tame in being Leicester at home last season.

I've never really seen much vioilence at football as I think the policing and stewarding is a lot more over the top than it used to be. Would older posters agree?

In the seventies a lot of massive punch-ups happened outside the ground, a few to mention, Brighton at home easter 1974, Q.P.R. F.A. cup19 75, Charlton 1972, Cardiff F.A. cup 1976, Boreham Wood in 1973 when they took the north Bank, Chelsea in 1974 ditto in a testimonial. Sheff Weds in 1975, biggest mob at that time to hit the town, loads more in the eighties, Wolves in 87 sticks out. To mention them all i'd be on here all night. Let other fans recollect a few.

Back