• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Striker

What about Paul Conner at Swansea, he seems to know where the back of the net is. The Swans look like they are willing to sell him - possibly to Darlo, but the deal is stalling.

Any one reckon he could do a job for us ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (StreakyShrimper @ July 19 2005,13:18)]What about Paul Conner at Swansea, he seems to know where the back of the net is.  The Swans look like they are willing to sell him - possibly to Darlo, but the deal is stalling.

Any one reckon he could do a job for us ...
Really?
wow.gif
I know the Swans have signed Akinfenwa but surely they need someone like Connor as back-up?

To answer your question, I was impressed with Connor when Swansea visited the Hall last October and I think he'd link up well with Eastwood. He's quite mobile for someone his size too.

I guess the sticking point would be whether Connor would uproot to Southend or not as he's another northerner, isn't he?

Very definitely NOT Conner.  It's not yet time to get that desperate.

My best mate is a Swansea fan and I travel to a fair few swans games with him each season, and Conner is truly awful.  For a big guy, he gets bullied off the ball far too easily - and he didn't net that often for them
If he's not good enough for Swansea, it should stand to reason that he's not good enough for us.

I'd still love to See Boylan join us, and Lukey Rodgers, Harris if innocent.

And seeing as Grays ended up scoring about 8,300 goals last season even after losing Fredy - makes me think they must have another Fredy there that we can poach - anyone watch them often?

I do like the idea of seeing if there are any youngsters about at Prem level or so - like a Nardiello, or Defoe when he went to Bournemouth. Might be worth looking at.

Didn't Barnsley have a season long loan with Michael Chhopra last year?.

Or what about Michael Bridges, I noticed he was released, but haven't heard anyone being linked with him.

Bridges is being tracked by Hartlepool and Bradford among others. He'd do a job for us.

well Deon Burton is out of the equation. Has signed for Rotherham.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (coventryshrimper @ July 19 2005,13:45)]I do like the idea of seeing if there are any youngsters about at Prem level or so - like a Nardiello, or Defoe when he went to Bournemouth.  Might be worth looking at.

Didn't Barnsley have a season long loan with Michael Chhopra last year?.

Or what about Michael Bridges, I noticed he was released, but haven't heard anyone being linked with him.
Could not agree more, and think this would be a great idea, as i think we need two strikers.

So get one experienced one, and a young prem boy. As Freddy is still young himself i think grabbinga prem boy, means an old experienced head would be needed.

That in mind, my two would be Les Ferdinand and arturo Lupoli (Arsenal)

Think Sir Les would be a great buy. Not only would he would he give us experience and a bit of strength upfront, Freddy could also learn a few things of him to make a even better striker. Which would be of no harm to us.

How about Mounir El Hamdaoui from tottenham on loan?

Back