• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

who do people see as our strongest 11 this season?

mines Bentley,
White (C) Thompson Prosser Coker,
Hurst, Laird, Clifford, Atkinson,
Eastwood, Corr

How the hell can someone leave out Leonard who has been easily our best player so far this season?

Bentley
White Phillips Prosser Coker
Atkinson Leonard Laird Timlin
Corr Eastwood

How the hell can someone leave out Leonard who has been easily our best player so far this season?

Bentley
Atkinson Leonard Laird Timlin
Corr Eastwood

I'd agree with this, apart from I'd put Hurst in for Atkinson. Close between the two, but I think that Hurst just about edges it.

Also, don't think there is that much difference between Bentley and Smith. Bentley has age on his side, but it seems the only reason why fans want him in instead of Smith is because Smith doesn't come off his line and command his box well. According to match reports, Bentley didn't do this either yesterday.

I'd agree with this, apart from I'd put Hurst in for Atkinson. Close between the two, but I think that Hurst just about edges it.

Also, don't think there is that much difference between Bentley and Smith. Bentley has age on his side, but it seems the only reason why fans want him in instead of Smith is because Smith doesn't come off his line and command his box well. According to match reports, Bentley didn't do this either yesterday.

No real arguments with any of that. I've gone for Atkinson but it could as easily be Hurst. I think Atkinson is more consistent: he'll continually give you 6.5 out of 10 performances whilst Hurst can be a match-winner one day but anonymous for the next few matches.

If you do go for Hurst that team only has two Brown signings in it.

Essexshrimper - your having a laugh - Clifford over Leonard. Have you seen either of them play this season yet?

Bentley

White (c) Phillips Prosser Coker

Hurst Laird Timlin Atkinson

Eastwood Corr

Not convinced that Leonard and Straker warrant regular starts, a good pre season is one thing but they have been a little found out lately.

Also think we desperately need a commanding central defender. I am one of Prosser's biggest fans but he is a squad player who rarely lets down in that role. As a regular first choice player for 46 games in a season - sadly not for me.

I also think we miss Laird badly, just like the last time he picked up and injury.

Finally I would add that strong competition for places does no harm to a squad. Our squad sadly contain too many kids and average players. We need more quality all over the park in terms of adequate replacements/challengers for a starting berth.

Smith or Bentley not fussed there equal in ability in my opinion

if i was going to be picking the next game ... Mine is ...

Smith

Hurst Atkinson Laird Leonard

Eastwood Reid

My opinion :

Defense is too weak

the novelty of Straker and Bentley has worn off for me , so dropping them would freshen us up

Reid has great potential and deserves a chance

I'm not too sure on the midfield , but i would drop Straker for reasons stated above

STILL LOVE STRAKER THOUGH !!!​

Bentley

White (c) Phillips Prosser Coker

Hurst Laird Timlin Atkinson

Eastwood Corr

Not convinced that Leonard and Straker warrant regular starts, a good pre season is one thing but they have been a little found out lately.

Also think we desperately need a commanding central defender. I am one of Prosser's biggest fans but he is a squad player who rarely lets down in that role. As a regular first choice player for 46 games in a season - sadly not for me.

I also think we miss Laird badly, just like the last time he picked up and injury.

Finally I would add that strong competition for places does no harm to a squad. Our squad sadly contain too many kids and average players. We need more quality all over the park in terms of adequate replacements/challengers for a starting berth.

For me, Smith in, Bentley out ...job done. ps (would appreciate a new CB please Mr B)

Problem is too many players are a shoe-in because there simply arent any other options.

Exactly, but under this embargo we will never be able to have enough for competition for places.

Bentley
Hurst Leonard Laird Timlin
Corr Eastwood

If that is the starting XI, then this will be the "back-up XI":

Smith
Auger Thompson Bennett Straker
Atkinson Clifford Payne Pinnock
Reid Woodrow

Not many in there that I would be happy to sub into the starting XI in case of injuries and suspensions.

To me it is clear the defence is weakest, with the back-up XI consisting of someone who is injured for several months, a full-back who has been converted to a winger because he can't defend and a couple of youngsters.

Midfield looks alright with Atkinson easily being able to slot anywhere in the midfield, with Clifford and Payne possibly being able to do a decent job there too, although Clifford did look poor against Wycombe. Not sure about Pinnock as I've never seen him play, and not sure he has been on the bench either.

Up front is slightly worrying as Corr and Eastwood will need resting from time to time. Woodrow is only here for a month and might only be a stop-gap signing. Not sure about Reid either, he looks like he is carrying a bit extra weight but still does his fair share of running. 12 goals in a relegated team means he can't be too bad though. Njie doesn't seem to be getting a look in either and hasn't been on the bench lately, has he been loaned out?

As people know im a massive smithy fan and i do beleive he will get his chance this season but for now Dan is number 1 and deservingly so.

For my first visit to the Hall, this season, on Friday, I'd like to see Thompson alongside Phillips at the back,Timlin left midfield and Woodrow alongside Freddy up front.

Be nice to see Jack Payne and Reid come on as subs.too.

Be careful what you wish for.

For my first visit to the Hall, this season, on Friday, I'd like to see Thompson alongside Phillips at the back,Timlin left midfield and Woodrow alongside Freddy up front.

Be nice to see Jack Payne and reid come on as subs.too.

Be careful what you wish for.

So Prosser is your latest target for hate then

Tricky one
Bentley

Hurst Leonard Timlin Atkinson

Eastwood Corr

this team still needs a commanding monster of a centre back and some pace up top.

1. Bentley..............his kicking is better than Smith
2. White
3. Thompson.................Phillips seems to be struggling all round, to me.
4. Prosser
5. Coker
6. Hurst
7. Laird
8. Timlin
9. Leonard...............Gets the nod over Atkinson due to improvement from last season
10. Eastwood
11. Corr

Seen Straker twice now. He was a different player at Chesterfield but what i witnessed yesterday was what I saw most of last season. Never in my thoughts

Back