• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stuart O'Keefe

sufcjoe

Members
I dont know if this has been put anywhere else but he was fantastic against Millwall and deserves to get more minutes for a young lad who has hardly played and who looks very lightweight he was brave and stuck his feet into some meaty challenges when many first teamers would of backed out, he had plenty of skill to get out of troublesome situations and was quite creative so close to putting Scannell through at one stage with a clever pass.

Im not saying he is going to be our saviour and needs to start, just think he actually looks like his up for the fight so we need to give him more of a chance cos he will be a very big talent.

Not sure I'd go as far as to say "fantastic" but he's not suffering from the severe lack of confidence the rest of our side are. He did look the best midfielder we had though.

As Macca is out for saturday and ****ofa and Laurent are both struggling his chances look good.

Only seem him once which was Gillingham away and I thought he looed ok but lightweight but more than happy for the club to give him a go.

I thought he was a breath of fresh air when he came on. If Macca's out then why not get him straight in.

Id like to see him given a go. Can never understand why Tilly is so loathe to play our 18yr olds but quite happy to get 18yr olds in from other clubs and play them when quite often they arent much better than what we have.

Because he sees them every day and things that the 18 year olds at our Club aren't as good?

Because he sees them every day and thinks that the 18 year olds at our Club aren't as good?

^this

The fact that O'Keefe got a flukey appearance on Tuesday even though we've been short on players for a while says it all IMO. Tilly has never seemed to have thought too highly of him.

I thought he did really well too. He was shoved around a bit but didn't stop him throwing himself about and asking for more, able to pick a pass too. From what the reports have said he's been the driving force for the reserves as well. Give him a regular sub and see where he goes from there.

To be fair to the kid he looked okay when he came on. Needs to be brought through with a regular spot on the bench - at least he looked to go forward.

O'Keefe showed the rest of the midfield how to play until Tilly chucked Frredman and Walker on and rejigged the formation. He then seemed to disappear from sight; I don't know if this was a coincedence or a result of him being given a different role to play.

On a different point, I know it's funny (?) to refer to Osei as ****ofa, or Sankawful or whatever, but he's been very solid at right-back and not really part of the recent problems. Perhaps if JFC or Macca had a comedy nickname they'd get the same levels of abuse thats directed at Sankofa.

^this

The fact that O'Keefe got a flukey appearance on Tuesday even though we've been short on players for a while says it all IMO. Tilly has never seemed to have thought too highly of him.

I've heard Tilson is a big fan of O'Keefe and was hoping to loan him out, with Herd, to League Two to continue their development.

Apparently, O'Keefes' attitude is questionable, but when I've seen him in pre-season and reserve matches he seems to have something about him. A poor mans Lee Sawyer perhaps?

He likes to get on the ball and pass to feet, something that 3/4s of our midfield struggles with. He needs to bulk up a touch, I feel he could be knocked about in certain matches this season.

Apparently, O'Keefes' attitude is questionable.

OK bit of a stalker alert...... have you ever read his facebook? seems to fancy himself a bit of a rudeboy gangsta. but watching him play I wouldn't question his commitment.

Back