• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock - complete idiot ?

Pak66

Great comment from Sturrock after Saturdays game - "My players don't deserve their wages".
Either he has been on another planet the last few months, is totally insensitive to the previous players and what we as fans have had to put up with or he is just a complete idiot.

Last point - please Mr Sturrock we have just gone round the loop of players not getting paid, please don't start giving Ron Martin ideas on the new batch of players not being paid.
Ron does avery good job indeed in ensuring his staff don't get paid without you goading him.

Great comment from Sturrock after Saturdays game - "My players don't deserve their wages".
Either he has been on another planet the last few months, is totally insensitive to the previous players and what we as fans have had to put up with or he is just a complete idiot.

Last point - please Mr Sturrock we have just gone round the loop of players not getting paid, please don't start giving Ron Martin ideas on the new batch of players not being paid.
Ron does avery good job indeed in ensuring his staff don't get paid without you goading him.

i thought it was pretty funny ..

I don't know if you are 'fishing' here, but Mr Sturrock, as you refer to him, showed a lot of passion saying that they didn't deserve their wages. Because they did not perform, and did not put in the effort that he knows they can.

Sturrock isn't a complete idiot, it was a passionate statement.

He isn't insensitive, are you just looking for any excuse to stick the boot in?

it certainly lacked tact, and you would have to say has he got a clue what club he is at, or the history. I think he was trying to give it the bigun' and get himself out of a hole after that performance, but their "his players" as so many of you wish to remind and they also "want to play for him" as many state.

well if that's what players are like that want to play for him, then god help us

anyway I don't expect much from this bunch, and have gone back to the 98/99 days of just scoring a goal is a bonus and just sing and enjoy the day out

do you post anything other than vague insinuations that offer nothing to the thread?

Irony of ironies! :D

The majority of my posts are quite long and thought though brigadista - have a look through my posting history for reference. I do retain the right though, like everybody else, to make brief comments occasionally. Maybe you're confusing 'not agreeing with brigidista' with 'offering nothing to the thread'... Vague insinuations? From you?! Pot. Kettle. Black.

sorry I've not seen anything but short shrift today - and I'm not sad enough to be on here regular

I couldn't tell who the hell you were agreeing with, but clearly trying to snipe at someone

I couldn't tell who the hell you were agreeing with

Sorry; looks like I should have spelt it out. I was referring to the only other time I can remember engaging in debate with you - on the 'Tilly - club statement' thread, I had thought that was obvious, as in your comment that I quoted you appeared to be referring more widely than just this thread. Maybe that was a false assumption though and you were simply jumping to a knee-jerk reactionary one-dimensional conclusion. Hmm.

I don't know if you are 'fishing' here, but Mr Sturrock, as you refer to him, showed a lot of passion saying that they didn't deserve their wages. Because they did not perform, and did not put in the effort that he knows they can.

Sturrock isn't a complete idiot, it was a passionate statement.

He isn't insensitive, are you just looking for any excuse to stick the boot in?

You are either Sturrocks mum or have you also been lost in space over the last few months?

You are either Sturrocks mum or have you also been lost in space over the last few months?

Oh no, my identity is revealed, you caught me!
What gave it away?

So do you honestly think Sturrock was taking the **** out of every single one of last years players, that where not paid on time as well as all of the fans?

Oh no, my identity is revealed, you caught me!
What gave it away?

So do you honestly think Sturrock was taking the **** out of every single one of last years players, that where not paid on time as well as all of the fans?

I really have no idea what Sturrock was trying to do. Bearing in mind the recent happenings at the club it was in my opinion just a really stupid comment to make.
Had there been no history of non payment of players wages then I would have no problem with his after match comments.
So I am drawn back to my original question.
If someone knows or thinks different please give me an alternative to my current thoughts

Sorry; looks like I should have spelt it out. I was referring to the only other time I can remember engaging in debate with you - on the 'Tilly - club statement' thread, I had thought that was obvious, as in your comment that I quoted you appeared to be referring more widely than just this thread. Maybe that was a false assumption though and you were simply jumping to a knee-jerk reactionary one-dimensional conclusion. Hmm.

sorry I have actually bothered to go and check in case I wronged you, but in fact your only offering to that thread today was an insinuation that appeared to mock other posters without actually aiming at anyone - so I'll hold my apology.

I really have no idea what Sturrock was trying to do. Bearing in mind the recent happenings at the club it was in my opinion just a really stupid comment to make.
Had there been no history of non payment of players wages then I would have no problem with his after match comments.
If someone knows or thinks different please give me an alternative to my current thoughts

I guess I can see where you're coming from. It is a very common 'angry manager after crap loss' kind of statement to make though. Don't you think you might be being a touch too sensitive?

Basically, Sturrock was absolutely gutted and really ****ed off to have lost, like he is every game, this time however he was very very disappointed in the fact that none of the players performed aswell as they could, apart from the Goalkeeper.
The think I like about Sturrock is that he isn't the players' mate. He is the boss, he is in charge, and he makes it evident in his interviews. The players like playing for him because he can get the best out of players. That is why he is aggravated.
It was one game, it was a passionate moment.

He doesn't like losing, and I imagine if he is watching the players that are on the pitch not perform as they do in training 5 days a week, then he has a right to say whatever he likes.

sorry I have actually bothered to go and check in case I wronged you, but in fact your only offering to that thread today was an insinuation that appeared to mock other posters without actually aiming at anyone - so I'll hold my apology.

Yes - that was my one other comment previously today. Made only a couple of minutes earlier. Oddly enough, that is because I've just got home, had dinner and decided to log on. I did work all day rather than post on SZ. Again, when I mentioned 'post history' I was casting the net a tad wider - in response to your 'do you ever' comment...

:doh:

Last edited:
Back