• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sturrock - complete idiot ?

As fan's we have the right to criticize individual player and team performance's.
Also to disagree with Manager's purchases (when he has the cash) and team selections etc.
We could also which we do a lot disagree with the chairman's decisions..

But as supporters of the club which I trust we all wish to do well should we be running a thread questioning if Sturrock is a complete idiot.

The answer in my opinion is clearly no as you do not achieve success and last as he has in the past without having some decent qualities as a manager.

He will make mistakes and do things many of us disagree with and by means say so then but for now surely we should be showing the man the respect he deserves for taking on a very very difficult job.

Just maybe it is time for this thread to be blocked ?

I agree with your sentiment but the thread has led to some interesting debate - deeply misguided from some quarters in my opinion but interesting nonetheless. The ridiculous (again, my opinion) question was asked but it seems to have been answered with a number of reasoned posts. I'm not a fan of the thread but I can't see any reason to lock it.

For the moment...

How dare anyone criticise Paul sturrock so soon . We should be thanking our lucky stars we got him here to sort out the mess the club is in. Who do we think we are let’s admit it managing Southend is not the biggest attraction? So to get someone like Paul who is busting a gut day and night, we should be helping him with our support not starting stupid unhelpful threads like this.

LOL I hear that he is commuting back and fourth from Plymouth and doesnt even take training on a monday... thats real commitment...

LOL I hear that he is commuting back and fourth from Plymouth and doesnt even take training on a monday... thats real commitment...

Oh! My! GOD! Run for the hills....

Probably didnt want to uproot his family without seeing how things go re the finances and I wouldnt expect him to do much on the training ground anyway, thats what TW is for - Mondays would usually be going over the Saturday game DVD, light work etc.

Why do people want to see problems and cause bad feeling where there is none?...

I thought most people who had gone down to the training ground had seen Sturrock around, but not withstanding that, I thought it was the way with most managers now that the coach / assistant takes training. Certainly you wont see the likes of Ferguson or Redknapp taking training in a regular basis....

The way i see it is the only idiots appear to be anyone willing to slag sturrock off. As i said b4 we are 5 games in. for god sake we are lucky that we even have some one of his calibre, why oh why do people feel the need to have a go, i just dont get it. look at the facts, the conditions surrounding his appointment, the decent players he has signed.... give the guy a break! UTB

I think you'll find he is / was staying at the Roslin, unless maybe uncle Ron stopped paying the bill ?

He's barely been here a month.

Also, in what universe does commuting back and forth from Plymouth not demonstrate commitment!!!!!!? I wouldn't do that if you trebled my salary!

Kind of tricky to take training when he is in Plymouth Still on a monday... please excuse me but wasnt this thread called Sturrock complete idiot???

Five games in... 1 point...out of cup...yeah what a catch PS is!!!!!

Kind of tricky to take training when he is in Plymouth Still on a monday... please excuse me but wasnt this thread called Sturrock complete idiot???

Five games in... 1 point...out of cup...yeah what a catch PS is!!!!!

So you're quite happy to give Tilly the support when he was trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear last season - and rightly so in my opinion - but you think Sturrock is an idiot because we haven't had the greatest start with 90% of a new team with not a full pre season? Do you not concede Sturrock might have quite a tough job to do and deserves a bit of time before being judged?

oh but he comes with such high esteem... with all the changes made i expect sufc to be in better shape than we currently are....

oh but he comes with such high esteem... with all the changes made i expect sufc to be in better shape than we currently are....

Two Bulls were in a field. The son says to his father 'look dad theres a field full of cows over there, lets run down and s**g 2 of them'. The father says 'no son, lets walk down there and s**g all of them!'. The moral of the story is dont rush, because things take time. Micky Adams, manager of Port Vale said he has been there 18 months and it has taken this long to weed out the dross and sign the players he wanted to mount a promotion challenge. Whilst we all want instant success, regretfully patience is required. Something all football fans in this day and age, seem to have none of.

No, he has openly admitted he wants us to lose?

It was a pointless cup game. We've got no serious aspirations of going far in it, nor probably the overall talent to go a long way when you consider the quality of teams like Arsenal Reserves (who ripped decent Championship outfits apart by 4, 5 or 6 goals in previous seasons). Lets hope the JPT is not considered a distraction and we can try tinkering with the formation in that whilst getting used to the regular standard setup we'll play in the league. Plus don't forget how the 2 cup-runs to Cardiff seemed to instil confidence in the following weekends games.

Although I am pleased we gave a good account of ourselves at Wolves and that another 120 minutes of football will aid the fitness PS says we're lacking.

Been too busy to really go over all the old stuff today (& also lacking the desire to keep being one of the only people to question how we've all ended up here no matter whether you're 100% positive about the new regime, indifferent either way and just want to see Southend United play football or still extremely hurt/upset/irate at how Our Glorious Leader has run (or can I at least say mismanaged???) OUR football club over the past 18 months?
Hopefully Moshni will carry on in a similar vein if/when he gets his league chance.

So come on - I have a very open mind and am always willing to have it changed. All I need is a rational reason with evidence as to why he would be better off if we folded or went down even further. PM me if you don't want to clog the thread up.

If I get time tomorrow (P6 accounts so busy busy busy) I'll try and put something up about what I feel the positives (yes I do have some) & negatives are of the new regime and my current thoughts about the club are...:thumbsup:

I'll post them when (if) received.

Cheeky...

:thumbdown:

Back