• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
Just finished watching the match on Sky. Second half we showed what we can do but too late because yet again sturrock got the first half tactics horribly wrong. I have had enough of him and his mistakes. Senior, experienced manager? Go now sturrock, dont look back, dont prolong it. Lets get a man in who can let players play. Gutted for the team. Gutted.

Maybe cool down and reassess tomorrow? I would have taken playoffs at the start of the season but after Christmas we well and truly threw it away...

No need to cool down. Time and again PS has beggared the tactics and first it cost us autos then play-offs. He is a liability. Full stop.

As much as it hurts, you have to give credit to Crewe, who were 18th in the table in November. Where were we?. Oh yeah, top and looking at a 95 point finish!!!!.

Can't decide on this one as overall it was a good season but I can't help thinking that the tactics were wrong tonight until it was too late with Harris creating so much space.

I wouldnt go that far, he kept us in the league last year.

However I do think that it's time for a change, even when we were top of the league, most on here were miserable.

Don't be ****ing idiots. What, if we'd managed to put a chance away near the end and won on penalties, would we have been saying Luggy's done it!

****ing grow up. You don't become as good a lower league club as Crewe are by chopping and changing managers. Sturrock, please stay, please add a little bit to our squad and lose the deadweight and let's go for promotion next year.

Don't be ****ing idiots. What, if we'd managed to put a chance away near the end and won on penalties, would we have been saying Luggy's done it!

****ing grow up. You don't become as good a lower league club as Crewe are by chopping and changing managers. Sturrock, please stay, please add a little bit to our squad and lose the deadweight and let's go for promotion next year.

I don't need to grow up thanks, im stating my opinion, if you dont like it thats fine, but don't resort to insults.

Pretty much this

Have to agree. At the end of the day one person has cost us this season and that's the manager. Full credit to him for building a team from scratch and for attracting players who are very, very good at this level. But at the end of the day we have challenged this season in spite of his tactics and philosophy, not because of it. He has tried to shoehorn players into his ****, negative set-up which they're not suited to instead of tried to fit the tactics to the players and their strengths.

He has been backed financially in the market but spectacularly failed to utilise his acquisitions to their fullest potential. The players have been uncomfortable with what they've been asked to all season long, visibly so, and discussions have gone on to that effect at the training ground but he wouldn't change things. He's played odd systems and made odd team selections all year, over-complicated tactics with players who are at this level because they require simplicity, and tinkered with winning line-ups.

A change is needed. Sturrock has had his go, he's taken the club as far as he can, credit to him for what he's done well but something fresh and positive is needed to push the club to the next level. We'll always be a nearly team with him.

I hope the financial outlay and subsequent failure haven't ****ed the finances too badly. If he has dipped is back in the **** financially, he could lose his job because of that if not the crap on the pitch.

Just finished watching the match on Sky. Second half we showed what we can do but too late because yet again sturrock got the first half tactics horribly wrong. I have had enough of him and his mistakes. Senior, experienced manager? Go now sturrock, dont look back, dont prolong it. Lets get a man in who can let players play. Gutted for the team. Gutted.

Harsh, understand the hurt but Sturrock is the one that has dragged us round from a squad of 4/5 pro players to promotion candidates in 2 seasons, and 83pts would have taken us up most seasons.

No need to cool down. Time and again PS has beggared the tactics and first it cost us autos then play-offs. He is a liability. Full stop.

He played 442 which most wanted, it was exactly the team most would have chosen for other than Harris who was injured.

When things werent going our way he changed them and that change put us on top and we were very unlucky not to get back in the game.

A change is needed. Sturrock has had his go, he's taken the club as far as he can, credit to him for what he's done well but something fresh and positive is needed to push the club to the next level. We'll always be a nearly team with him.

A look at his CV shows that that is clearly not the case.

His footballing philosophy may not sit well with some, but it's ludicrous to suggest that a guy with five promotions behind him can't take us up.

I think PS got it horribly wrong AGAIN tonight. The reason we were effective in the first half of the season is it took that long for teams to work out how to play against us. They have now done so, so next season we better try something different or we will see the poor run continue.

Is PS the man to do this? Maybe, maybe not but IMO he needs to realize we need an effective "plan B" when it's not going our way which we don't have at the moment

As I said, in my opinion, if we went up this season I'd always have seen it as in spite of Sturrock rather than because of him. Some credit would go to him for his acquisitions, but looking at our squad this year especially after January I always thought it was easily good enough to go up. I don't buy this "I'd have taken the play-offs at the start of the season" crap.....I'd have taken the play-offs for this season when looking forward to it at the end of last season but by the time our summer business was concluded I had altered ny expectations to autos, and with good reason IMO.

As I said, credit to Sturrock for putting together a very strong squad at this level but what he did with them after he bought them has cost us and it's been a huge, huge wasted opportunity.

He has been backed financially in the market but spectacularly failed to utilise his acquisitions to their fullest potential. .

Baldwin (what was the point of signing him) and Martin for starters. The biggest challenge will be finding a striking partner for Harris for the next 2 seasons??

As I said, in my opinion, if we went up this season I'd always have seen it as in spite of Sturrock rather than because of him. Some credit would go to him for his acquisitions, but looking at our squad this year especially after January I always thought it was easily good enough to go up. I don't buy this "I'd have taken the play-offs at the start of the season" crap.....I'd have taken the play-offs for this season when looking forward to it at the end of last season but by the time our summer business was concluded I was looking for autos.

As I said, credit to Sturrock for putting together a very strong squad at this level but what he did with them after he bought them has cost us and it's been a huge, huge wasted opportunity.

Completely ignores the fact we got enough points that would have got us the autos 9 times out of ten....

This is a heat of the moment reaction. Give Sturrock at least another season, fine-tune the squad in the summer, get Dickinson and Kalala (and maybe even Corr) back and we'll be strong contenders next season. It was Sturrock's tactical changes in the 2nd half that improved our performance. If that had been Tilson he probably would've left it until the 80th minute. We lost to a very talented team over two legs. We were extremely close to getting automatic promotion with a points total that would normally get you promotion.

Back