• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Before the thread gets pulled, there is no way he failed. Luggy pulled us back from the brink and has my utmost respect, along with many people 'in the game'. Two big mistakes proved his downfall, bringing back my beloved Bilel, and ignoring the youth team.

What are the aims of the majority of fans each season?

Boring! about time some people looked forward not to the past,im sure as with most people here Sturrock has our respect ,whether you think he succeeded or failed to me is immaterial, i believe he did his best under immense internal pressure

First year he over achieved massively, second year I think we threw away a big points lead to loose in the play offs and third year Wembley papered over the cracks off a **** poor season. He failed to motivate the side time and time again and hat three match home run towards the end if the season was the final nail. He ran out if ideas and was quite rightly moved on.

Anyone was going to fail after Tilsons miracle. Why he was sacked is the biggest mistake the club ever made

I have a question mrsblue.

Say you are in a sales role, you have a target of making £2M in two years, lets say in year one you make £1M averaging around £83,333 a month, but then in your second year you only manage to average £66,000 a month and do this for around 10 months of that year. As you can see it looks exceptionally unlikely that you will meet your £2M target in the second year. Falling short my around £200K.

As it transpires you actually make less in the final 2 months and miss your target..

Would this be failure?

Anyone was going to fail after Tilsons miracle. Why he was sacked is the biggest mistake the club ever made

I disagree. HOW he was sacked, yes I would agree, but he had become complacent and stale so it was the right time for him to go. You can't keep living in the past, he's gone, I thought he made it clear he wasn't coming back so I'm surprised he agreed even to sit in the Directors' Box last night (if, indeed, he did). Sturrock's had his day, he's gone. Time to live in the present and stop hankering after the past.

E did fail. When he joined he had a five year plan to get into the Championship. We would've had to get back to back promotions to achieve that now and that wouldn't have happened.

E did fail. When he joined he had a five year plan to get into the Championship. We would've had to get back to back promotions to achieve that now and that wouldn't have happened.

Why not? What proof have you got that it wasn't achievable under Sturrock?

You cant really believe that we would have DWB, we were in terrible form and going nowhere.

We had this season and next season. Our form at the back end of last season has no relevance on this or next season. Sticking with Sturrock would have given us continuity all round. As it is, we have Brown who I don't think the players have much respect for.

We had this season and next season. Our form at the back end of last season has no relevance on this or next season. Sticking with Sturrock would have given us continuity all round. As it is, we have Brown who I don't think the players have much respect for.

Can you explain how we were showing signs of improving to the extent that we'd have been challenging for promotion this season? To me, it just seemed like consistent stream of inconsistency throughout his tenure. Yes he masterminded some good victories, but then would lose against Dagenham or Aldershot the following week....I can't say I've ever felt as frustrated as I did under Sturrock for this very reason.

Sticking as we were, Freddy would still be sitting on the bench cos Sturrock refused to play him!

Sticking as we were, Freddy would still be sitting on the bench cos Sturrock refused to play him!

Can we put this myth to bed for once? He played plenty of times, but he wasn't fit for most of the season he was here. Eastwood even said himself that he is much fitter this season than he was last so if he was match fit last season then he must now be superhuman fit.

Can we put this myth to bed for once? He played plenty of times, but he wasn't fit for most of the season he was here. Eastwood even said himself that he is much fitter this season than he was last so if he was match fit last season then he must now be superhuman fit.
You won't convince me, Freddy's also said that he felt he ought to have played more. I thought last night incidentally, that he looked even more slimmed down.

You won't convince me, Freddy's also said that he felt he ought to have played more. I thought last night incidentally, that he looked even more slimmed down.

Where would you have played him? First half of the season we had Tomlin and Assombalonga on fire. Corr came back into the side and started scoring as well.

Of course Freddy said he thought he should have played more and not saying he isn't a great player but what was his reaction when he wasn't playing? He said it himself that he wanted to quit football, so is that the right attitude?

Back