• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

So BBC Essex have hinted at Hurst, confirming he was at the game yesterday. Yet Skybet, who are fairly on the money ion these things, still have Barrett at odds on with Hurst at 7/1.

I love Adam. Please don't let it be him. I don't want another legend ripped apart.

Hurst now 4/1 on sky bet, the odds are shortening fast.
That's because a few people are having tenners on based on the rumours on here.

Manager markets are easy money for bookies. As soon as anything sharp appears to suggest somebody actually knows, the market will be suspended.

A couple of names not yet mentioned: Clint Hill and Sol Campbell.
Both would do well for us. Hill has the personality and lower league kudos to be a big success: QPR are considering him.
Campbell, because of what he's done at Macclesfield. I'm sure he would prefer to be closer to his roots. Neither would be that expensive and both are new to the game and therefore untrammelled by cynicism and failure.

Last edited:
That's because a few people are having tenners on based on the rumours on here.

Manager markets are easy money for bookies. As soon as anything sharp appears to suggest somebody actually knows, the market will be suspended.

You're probably right, TBH I was looking at the odds considering a£10 bet myself. Hurst would be my pick though so I'm hoping the rumour has some truth behind it.

As has been said on here many times the odds just reflect the money- the blind leading the blind. I have a feeling the person in pole position isn’t even on the list.,

And that ignores the opportunity of a wildcard amongst the applications- someone Ron didn’t even think of but when he sees the application thinks wow must at least interview

There are a lot of well known names out of work

So according to the bookmakers everybody is drifting except for Hurst (3/1 down from 6/1) and Redknapp (12/1 down from 25/1).

Rumours that Kevin Bond (Redknapp assistant) and Hurst himself were at the game yesterday so I guess it's one of those two.

Barrett still odds on favourite though which throws a spanner in the works.

So according to the bookmakers everybody is drifting except for Hurst (3/1 down from 6/1) and Redknapp (12/1 down from 25/1).

Rumours that Kevin Bond (Redknapp assistant) and Hurst himself were at the game yesterday so I guess it's one of those two.

Barrett still odds on favourite though which throws a spanner in the works.

Chris Phillips has just tweeted that he has a story coming out tomorrow that could sound like an April fools joke rather than an actual story.. it could be something like Harry Redknapp applying for the job or of course it could have nothing to do with the blues whatsoever.

Can only assume the Harry thing is a joke. Love Adam Barratt but this is no time for another sentimental appointment which would almost certainly end in tears (again).

Personally I hope it's Hurst, or if not I'd take Daryl Clarke.

After that, much as I hate to say it, probably Evans. Hate the man but he'd probably keep us up.

All the above is on the assumption Gary Rowett isn't interested as I'd take him over all of them.

Back