• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

Foe me far too much is made about football management...tactics and selections. It is a very simple game. The true gift of the greatest managers is inspirational leadership...yes that might sound like I have been on some works management course....but its true. We need a leader....someone to inspire the team and the supporters.....

There really is only one Adam Barrett!!
No way Millwall ****

Apparently Paul Hurst was apparently at roots hall today.

BBC essex also said the club expect to make an announcement in the week.

Steve Evans now **** all the idiots that say he’s this or that we need him now

Apparently Paul Hurst was apparently at roots hall today.

BBC essex also said the club expect to make an announcement in the week.

That is very good news if true. My Grimsby supporting mate gave me the low down on him the other night.

He is great at spotting talent from lower down the football pyramid.... gets the ball from front to back quickly and likes his teams to play football in the final third.

He's probably just what we need in league Two to be honest.

I think you are I knew you’d be the first up
Then you won't be disappointed then will you? Just remember that all opinions on here are valid and abusing those that disagree with you says more about you than it does me.

Then you won't be disappointed then will you? Just remember that all opinions on here are valid and abusing those that disagree with you says more about you than it does me.
Exactly a agree with that but people like you shut mine down so what does that say about you?

Exactly a agree with that but people like you shut mine down so what does that say about you?
The only times you have been shut down is when you've used abusive language or abused other posters. When that happens it's done by a mod because you overstep the rules. And that is an end to it.

The only times you have been shut down is when you've used abusive language or abused other posters. When that happens it's done by a mod because you overstep the rules. And that is an end to it.
Really do you think so??

Would be great if we could get Paul Hurst. Think he would do well at Southend.

As I said previously, I think that Ron has waited until after we have played Shrewsbury to make an announcement as they were upset at the way in which he left them, bit like Barry Fry did us I think.

As I said previously, I think that Ron has waited until after we have played Shrewsbury to make an announcement as they were upset at the way in which he left them, bit like Barry Fry did us I think.
I sincerely hope that was NOT the reason. There is room for sentiment in football, but to delay an appointment to avoid upsetting the opposition (especially as there were only seven games left to save ourselves), is frankly ludicrous.

I sincerely hope that was NOT the reason. There is room for sentiment in football, but to delay an appointment to avoid upsetting the opposition (especially as there were only seven games left to save ourselves), is frankly ludicrous.

I didn't mean he didn't want to upset them, more that the Shrews would be extra fired up for the game because of it, who knows.

I would be very disappointed if Ron appointed Justin Edinburgh.

Managing a team of postmen, policemen and sheet metal workers for a couple of evening training sessions a week and driving the minibus to Fylde or Harrogate is a completely different proposition to managing a team of professional athletes.

Back