• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

If only we had gone for the Cowley's..

From Fitzwimarc to Concord to Braintree to Lincoln to Wembley to League One. Results speak louder than words and wherever they have gone they have never failed to disappoint. Big clubs will be queuing up now and we certainly missed our chance now.

Some more interesting names in the mix... the one i think fits the RM mould is Owen Coyle. Currently 20-1. Also, Brian Mcdermott.

Some more interesting names in the mix... the one i think fits the RM mould is Owen Coyle. Currently 20-1. Also, Brian Mcdermott.
Rons got his man don’t you worry about that!! We just don’t know it yet

From Fitzwimarc to Concord to Braintree to Lincoln to Wembley to League One. Results speak louder than words and wherever they have gone they have never failed to disappoint. Big clubs will be queuing up now and we certainly missed our chance now.
I doubt the Cowleys would have come even when Brown got sacked. Given that they used to be local they'll be well aware of our financial troubles in the past, as promotion hopefuls they would have been expecting to be managing League 1 anyway within a season or two and looking at their attendances Lincoln are arguably a bigger club than us despite being (for the moment anyway) a league lower down. Unless they were homesick I can't see why they'd throw away a job where they are loved by the fans for the sake of a sideways move to us.

Most managers that have been mentioned are available because they have failed somewhere else. In some cases they have failed at more than one Club. I would be quite happy for either Adam Barrett or Kevin Maher or both to be given the opportunity.

Without wishing to be too negative, i would say relegation is more likely than not. In which case I suspect the squad will be taken apart and rebuilt.
The youngsters would have a great opportunity and Kevin especially, knows their strengths and weaknesses.

People have been referring to Duncan and Maher in charge for Saturday. Not sure if I have seen this officially, Ricky Duncan yes, but not Kevin Maher. Hopefully it will be Maher with Duncan in the dugout but wouldn't rule out Keen and Mathew having some input.

I doubt the Cowleys would have come even when Brown got sacked. Given that they used to be local they'll be well aware of our financial troubles in the past, as promotion hopefuls they would have been expecting to be managing League 1 anyway within a season or two and looking at their attendances Lincoln are arguably a bigger club than us despite being (for the moment anyway) a league lower down. Unless they were homesick I can't see why they'd throw away a job where they are loved by the fans for the sake of a sideways move to us.

Agree completely. Which is why we missed our chance to tempt them. That camel has passed

Does anyone think that it could be Hurst but won't be announced until after we have played Shrewsbury ? Shrewsbury, like us, desperately need the points, but would it fire them up even more if their ex-manager was in charge of us on Saturday - like it did for us with Barry Fry ? - just a thought.

People have been referring to Duncan and Maher in charge for Saturday. Not sure if I have seen this officially, Ricky Duncan yes, but not Kevin Maher. Hopefully it will be Maher with Duncan in the dugout but wouldn't rule out Keen and Mathew having some input.
He's now gone too apparently...

SOUTHEND United have yet to make a move for Adam Barrett - despite the odds shortening on the former Blues defender becoming the club’s new manager,

More...

Hurst with Che Wilson as assistant, Robert Codner as conditioning coach, Adem Poric as U/23 technical director with Richard Young as groundsman's assistant.

“They have never failed to disappoint”— are you sure???

Back