• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

I do not want that odious obnoxious cheat and convicted fraudster anywhere near our club.

Don't do it Ron.

EvansMoney3 - Copy.png

Goes to get "Evan's Out Thread" ready :Smile:

I said when I left the game on Saturday to a couple of people “be careful what you wish for” (in relation to Powell going).

I for one despise the bloke that is Steve Evans

Haha, bet the lazy senior players who let Powell down are bricking it! They are going have to start running now.

Last edited:
Let's see how Duncan does on Saturday. He knows half the team from the academy anyway! If he gets a reaction, give it to him until the end of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ron went for someone like Warburton or Holloway, his last two appointments have been people who had been out of management for a few years.

My two-penneth.

If Ricky gets a reaction from the team on Saturday give him until the end of season and view again then (agree with shrimpboy)

Paul Clark would be my shout for an assistant during that period - wise old head, die-hard Shrimper, growler.

And for a bit of spice maybe try for a match ot two getting in a motivator (with Shrimper connections) just to further rally the troops. Surely The Goat fances a day out from Macclesfield? You never know, it might work.

The team obviously ain't great at the mo, with injuries restricting choice we need to motivate what we've got to put the neck on the line at all costs, and make the most of what we've got. With a bit of properly thought out fist-pumping that could well get us a bit of luck too and we'll then stay over the line.

Barrett was a really good player for this club, some may say great , but does making an abundance of last ditch blocks, because you were out of position in the first place make you a great manager ?

Sure , he had a fist pumping style , which may have been motivating for others , tbh I don't really know , but will he be able to turn this around and then push on next season ?
What have people seen to convince them he is the man ? I mean actually seen not conjecture but cold hard facts, because , in all honesty , I must have missed them .

Ron has a bit of a dilemma on his hands, he needs someone in now who is going to gee the underperforming squad up enough to keep us up this season - that presumably is someone who is a contrast to Powell (like he was to Brown last season) so a motivator, aggressive type manager.

However, come the summer he needs a more thoughtful, tactical manager who is able to build a squad capable of challenging in whatever division we find ourselves in next season. Capable through their reputation and contacts of attracting players to the club (both permanent and loan signings).

Someone who is good at both aspects of the game is probably already in a job or wouldn't drop down to League One/Two, so we're after either someone untried who MIGHT be good at both, or someone who has failed at one or more clubs and looking to rebuild their reputation (a bit like Brown and Sturrock, and to an extent Powell).

I have a feeling Ron might keep his powder dry until next week to see what kind of performance Duncan and Maher get out of the players this Saturday, and therefore that will determine how soon the new man comes in.

Of course he may then eventually have the Solskjaer dilemma, a caretaker management team performing so well that it becomes difficult NOT to appoint them to the job permanently. That would be a nice problem to have!

My guess is that, if Duncan and Maher keep us up - whoever comes in next will need to be happy to have Maher working with them as an assistant.

If however the players produce another lacklustre performance on Saturday, I think we'll see our new man next week and it will be a Brown/Sturrock type who is looking to build up again - so one of Hurst, Evans, Rowett, Cotterill, Pearson, Grayson, Warburton, Hasselbaink etc.

Last edited:
Warburton would be my choice as he fits the bill level wise and London born ..Evans too much trouble.Hurst found lacking at Ipswich

I think we need a manager who will use his loaf like Warburton. Someone who will rise to the occasion and earn his crust.

Hope Powell. She's a PR dream.

A black lesbian woman. What could go wrong? :Fishing:

...and it's just occured to me she could be Chris' cousins half sister. Or something.

So I retract my suggestion forewith should managerial ****eness run in the family.

Last edited:
Back