• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggest A New Manager

Would love Ian Holloway for the next manager. 3 promotions on his CV, and a history of getting the best out of pretty ordinary players. Would also suit the mould of a Ron Martin manager - basically aging and high profile...

Paul Hurst would be a good choice, he did exceptionally well with Shrewsbury, much of his success was good use of the loan market. He was also quoted as saying his team were the fittest in the league when it came to the last ten minutes of a game, the opposite to what we have experienced this season.

Adam Barratt for me too. Yes, he's untried as a manager but he will unite the dressing room and the town. He's got experience of playing in league Two and league one as well as playing and coaching in the championship.
I emailed Ron before he appointed CP last season to suggest this appointment..... Perhaps this time he might listen to me!

Would love Ian Holloway for the next manager. 3 promotions on his CV, and a history of getting the best out of pretty ordinary players. Would also suit the mould of a Ron Martin manager - basically aging and high profile...

Millwall fans hate him with a passion.

And whilst I’m on Millwall, it’ll be interesting if they plan on keeping Harris past this season. If not, I can see him rocking up at Roots Hall around June/July time

Adam Barratt for me too. Yes, he's untried as a manager but he will unite the dressing room and the town. He's got experience of playing in league Two and league one as well as playing and coaching in the championship.
I emailed Ron before he appointed CP last season to suggest this appointment..... Perhaps this time he might listen to me!
Why would he unite the dressing room? Most of the players either arrived after he left or signed the season Brown isolated him from the team. Barrett will get the fans going but I'm not convinced the squad will be inspired by him quite so easily because most of them don't know who he is.

Doubt Paul Hurst will be coming here ,like the sound off Rob Small from Pitsea and Bowers ,hes young and got experience in the lower leagues so will definitely be very enthusiastic,a bit like the Cowley bros i would think , also like the idea of Harry Kewell,not keen on Adam Barrett though sorry.Just dont wish to see another legend fail at our club.

Why would he unite the dressing room? Most of the players either arrived after he left or signed the season Brown isolated him from the team. Barrett will get the fans going but I'm not convinced the squad will be inspired by him quite so easily because most of them don't know who he is.

He's just that type of character.... He has a bit of everything... A smile.... A mean streak and is all for team bonding. Team spirit takes clubs in the lower leagues a long way. It doesn't matter that most of the squad don't know who he is. He simply has the type of personality that players warm to. He's an honest natural leader of men. Players love working in the type of environment he would create at our football club

He's just that type of character.... He has a bit of everything... A smile.... A mean streak and is all for team bonding. Team spirit takes clubs in the lower leagues a long way. It doesn't matter that most of the squad don't know who he is. He simply has the type of personality that players warm to. He's an honest natural leader of men. Players love working in the type of environment he would create at our football club

In that case, get Shaun Goater in.

Seems plenty of people on twitter are wanting Grayson.
They're in for a treat if they think the football under Brown and Powell was negative
Still he does have a decent record of getting teams promoted from this league (if we're still in it next season that is)

Hurst or Warburton would do for me.

Barrett I think could happen in the future but not now.

Back