• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Hello Owners/Mods,

Would it be possible to introduce a notification when a member has quoted from one of your posts?

The reason being is that in many threads users seem to engage in specific debates within a thread with different users. This would enable someone to be informed when it is likely that a reply may be required. This would also draw attention to old topics that have been brought up and allow users to maximise their experience by ensuring that they answer all posts that may be relevant to them.

This could be in the form of an inbox message with the headings of the threads that their quote has been used in.

It seems to me that most Zoners are interested in replies to what they write and receiving reputation. This would be a particularly good way to track a thread particularly if their is a hot topic/popular thread that throughout the day has seen a lot replies and the user does then not have to trawl through the pages to see who has replied to something they have written as most will know when a post will spark a debate/reply.

Merely an idea, it definitely has room to be adapted. E.g. perhaps an idea where you can track all posts made by a certain individual in a day or over the last week because that person's views are always of interest. A few different view points on this but something to work with I think?

What are your thoughts?

I hope this idea may spark interest and perhaps help to generate some fresh ideas and help to improve the site.

Thanks

Hello Owners/Mods,

Would it be possible to introduce a notification when a member has quoted from one of your posts?

The reason being is that in many threads users seem to engage in specific debates within a thread with different users. This would enable someone to be informed when it is likely that a reply may be required. This would also draw attention to old topics that have been brought up and allow users to maximise their experience by ensuring that they answer all posts that may be relevant to them.

This could be in the form of an inbox message with the headings of the threads that their quote has been used in.

It seems to me that most Zoners are interested in replies to what they write and receiving reputation. This would be a particularly good way to track a thread particularly if their is a hot topic/popular thread that throughout the day has seen a lot replies and the user does then not have to trawl through the pages to see who has replied to something they have written as most will know when a post will spark a debate/reply.

Merely an idea, it definitely has room to be adapted. E.g. perhaps an idea where you can track all posts made by a certain individual in a day or over the last week because that person's views are always of interest. A few different view points on this but something to work with I think?

What are your thoughts?

I hope this idea may spark interest and perhaps help to generate some fresh ideas and help to improve the site.

Thanks

Old Blue Lady would have a field day

If you go quick links -->user control panel it should list all the threads you have contributed to that have been commented on recently.

Don't lie please

It works for me.

I assume most people have already figured this out but the little blue down arrow on the left hand side of the Thread/Thread starter column takes you to your last unread post (if there is one).

Good idea S4E but I don't believe it's possible at the moment. Yorkshire Blue's idea is probably the closest work-around.

Again, most people will probably know this anyway but the icon below shows at a glance which threads you have posted in which have since had a response.

thread_dot_hot_new.gif

Thank you for your replies. Always happy to make a suggestion. Keep up the good work.

Back