• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Suggestions for 60th Birthday?

number11

"Good morning everybody........"
It's my Dad's 60th soon and I wanted to get him something a bit more decent then some aftershave.

Looking for ideas for something we could get him that would be quite memorable. Looking to maybe spend around £500 although he doesn't really pay much attention to value and would just like anything as long as it was meaningful....

He does not really wear jewellary and I dont think would really like any of those 'red letter days' type things.

Things he does like......well he has been a southend fan for over 40 years, he also likes pictures / paintings of local landmarks / Southend but I cant find anywhere that does any decent prints?

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully recieved. What kinda things have you bought your old man?!

Life membership of the Trust? Don't discount those Red Letter Days, we did the Orient Express London to Bath trip for my dad for his 60th, he absolutely loved it. As for paintings, there's plenty of local artists represented in the shops and galleries down in Leigh. The Lynn Tait has some beautiful canvases in the little room to the side. For my mum, we all went to Center Parcs for the weekend, it's often something that they can enjoy rather than keep that proves the best idea.

Life membership of the Trust? Don't discount those Red Letter Days, we did the Orient Express London to Bath trip for my dad for his 60th, he absolutely loved it. As for paintings, there's plenty of local artists represented in the shops and galleries down in Leigh. The Lynn Tait has some beautiful canvases in the little room to the side. For my mum, we all went to Center Parcs for the weekend, it's often something that they can enjoy rather than keep that proves the best idea.

it'd be quick to just write that £500 out to Ron Martin!

For 500 notes get him and his wife if he has one a cheap flight and hotel somewhere nice in europe,say like seville or berlin or dublin,job done.

How about a snazzy watch, engraved from yourself (and any siblings?) with a nice message.

For 500 notes get him and his wife if he has one a cheap flight and hotel somewhere nice in europe,say like seville or berlin or dublin,job done.

Cheers. We are though already going to Florida for his birthday (my brother lives out there so we are meeting up with him).

I-Pad. Nice idea, but he has only just learnt how to send a text message!

There's a guy who runs a stall in the town on Saturday who does great old pictures of Southend/pier etc. Sure you'd find a nice one there to get framed etc. Would be more of a side present I guess as it wouldn't cost much

When our oldest 2 hit 18 we(the wife)made them a scrap book type thing of their birthdays over the years,you could attempt something personal like that.

http://www.francisfrith.com/

Excellent gifts with old local photos...

Got my parents a large framed map of Essex with two photos of Wakering (where they live) and one of Westcliff seafront where my dad grew up and one of the Kuursal (one of their early dates - my mum lived in Nottingham).

Nice you can do this kind of personal thing.

It's my Dad's 60th soon and I wanted to get him something a bit more decent then some aftershave.

Looking for ideas for something we could get him that would be quite memorable. Looking to maybe spend around £500 although he doesn't really pay much attention to value and would just like anything as long as it was meaningful....

He does not really wear jewellary and I dont think would really like any of those 'red letter days' type things.

Things he does like......well he has been a southend fan for over 40 years, he also likes pictures / paintings of local landmarks / Southend but I cant find anywhere that does any decent prints?

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully recieved. What kinda things have you bought your old man?!

I suggest the following that I know your dad will appreciate;

A new cap or two
New overcoat for winter months spent on the sidelines
Framed SZFC replica shirt signed by all the players

My Daughters got me a trip to Bath for a week (my choice) for my 60th they just said book a holiday and we will pay for it absolutely loved it

Back