• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see a lot of players leaving.
Clearly, that is essential if we want get in any of the players that have been suggested. Other clubs will be in competition with us, for their signature. There is always hidden talent in the North and South divisions of the NL but players don’t always mature at the higher level.

Should defo be a question asked for when they do the next fans meeting as in are we hoping to get any new sponsors in before the next season starts.

Sadou Diallo (CM) from Forest Green Rovers, will be 23 this summer. Hasn't played much for the League 2 top side and with his contract up in the summer he could be off. From what I've seen of him he looks to be a defensive midfielder who recovers the ball extremely well and has good ability on the ball.
This is definitely someone I'd keep tabs on but I reckon would probably get a L2 club.

I will be interested to see what sort of players are released post scholarship at higher level clubs. This should be something we keep just as close an eye on as players in the divisions around us.

If we were to have 6 forwards next season who would you like to be added to:
Murphy,
Dalby,
Powell,
Cardwell

Personally, I’d like to see us go in for Michael Cheek (Bromley) and Josh Kelly (Maidenhead). Both are out of contract this summer.

(I'm categorizing Jack Bridge as a midfielder)

If we were to have 6 forwards next season who would you like to be added to:
Murphy,
Dalby,
Powell,
Cardwell

Personally, I’d like to see us go in for Michael Cheek (Bromley) and Josh Kelly (Maidenhead). Both are out of contract this summer.

(I'm categorizing Jack Bridge as a midfielder)
Michael Cheek and Alfie Rutherford. Rutherford would need a fee and probably Dorking to miss out on promotion, but I'd hugely surprised and disappointed if his name is not on the list. Ryan Seager might be another one to look at, he's out of contract this summer I believe.

Josh Kelly has had a decent season but his goalscoring record up until this season hasn't been great.

Heard a rumour yesterday that the Boreham Wood CB number 6 stayed behind after the game Tuesday and was in discussions with the management. Would be a decent acquisitions
30 years old, however a big bundle of experience with 150+ appearances for Boreham Wood, he's 6"4 so offers that large presence in the box we have been missing and can be a great mentor for players like Hobson and Kensdale. I think it could work out well providing he has a voice on the pitch and is good at organising the backline,

Rutherford would be a big signing
Picking up one of the most free scoring strikers in the leagues below would be a big statement among the National League and probably even League 2

Heard a rumour yesterday that the Boreham Wood CB number 6 stayed behind after the game Tuesday and was in discussions with the management. Would be a decent acquisitions

Another one who 6 weeks ago signed a contract extension through until June 2024.
Would therefore require a fee.

I didn't rate him. Spent the entire game hoofing the ball which isn't what we want. Doubt he could play the ball out like our system demands.

Maybe we will do a Wrexham and sign the League 2 top goalscorer. Dom Telford's contract is expiring at the end of the season and Newport won't make the play-offs.

Davis Keillor-Dunn of Oldham has a contract expiring next season. 14 goals this season for a relegated team and he might want a more stable club.

Of course neither will happen but we can dream...

Some good talents being relegated with their respective clubs from the NL this season, could be decent pickups.
To earmark a few:
Michael Gyasi (Lynn on loan at Dover)
Omar Mussa (Weymouth)
Tyler Cordner?! (Weymouth)
Michael Clunan (Lynn)
Ross Barrows (Lynn)
Would all be decent business imho.

Some good talents being relegated with their respective clubs from the NL this season, could be decent pickups.
To earmark a few:
Michael Gyasi (Lynn on loan at Dover)
Omar Mussa (Weymouth)
Tyler Cordner?! (Weymouth)
Michael Clunan (Lynn)
Ross Barrows (Lynn)
Would all be decent business imho.
Cordners an interesting one.....anyone know how he has performed this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back