• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We apparently have not given up on the ideal of another loan deal for Lopata, according to a very good source, he is extremely frustrated at Sheffield and would welcome a move back to us as he loved being here.
Would love it to be a season long loan, I believe he is in his last year.
He may or may not have a lady “friend” in this locale as well, which may help (if he has of course…) ?

Does have any ideas of who the lad Stan May of been looking at from the game he went Altrincham v Barnet. Only possible player I could think of is Marriott from Barnet
Another player that springs to my mind who I was impressed when he played at roots hall was Wes fonguck in there Midfield tall
Cm thoguht he was very good wouldn’t mind him in a blues shirt . Was great at recovering the ball back against us can score the odd goals a clever passer of the ball to that’s cut out defences also .

Been thinking of potential full backs that are available and one sprung to mind . Maybe Liam Gordon been in this league before likes to get forwards is a kind of powerful and fast full back with a steady cross from the left hand side . He’s probs to good to come back to this level again tbh but if he wants to come back towards this way again maybe a option if funds are right .

Been thinking of potential full backs that are available and one sprung to mind . Maybe Liam Gordon been in this league before likes to get forwards is a kind of powerful and fast full back with a steady cross from the left hand side . He’s probs to good to come back to this level again tbh but if he wants to come back towards this way again maybe a option if funds are right .
He was on Bolton's 'released' list which was published today.

Quick look at retained lists of some clubs and see that ex-youth Cameron John has been released by Doncaster. Along with former-Dagenham winger Fejiri Okenabirhie, who is recovering from an injury and will likely stay in League 1/2.

All these former Daggers players will be making Barry see red!

AS i have stated twice now in threads ,Number 1 priority is to get a major sponsor on board ,that will provide the club with some funds to sign the type of players we need to really push for promotion. Its about time the county of ESSEX had a really good football club.

Money is always an issue but looking at the players signed so far since Kev & co took over none has been expensive, and, they have been signed from leagues below us. I doubt if going for high profile names is a viable strategy for us as it would be expensive. Even if we are better off financially than some on here think we are it seems to make more sense to continue our recent strategy ie identify players with potential upside who are affordable.
That might rule out many of the players mentioned on this thread.
I would imagine money will also influence other decisions.
I was always a fan of Sim Ak but he will be on League 2 wages. He is obviously well known to the coaching staff, but, even if they appreciate his qualities does it make sense to extend the contract of a thirty year old player on League 2 wages coming back from a long term injury?
You would only do so if you saw him as an absolutely key to your plans. You would not extend if his role was to compete for a place in the squad against players earning far less as it would be a complete waste of money. This would be much better spent trying to sign a player you saw as an automatic first choice.
Murphy is another potential quandary. He is proven goalscorer but is seemingly less durable with each passing year. If we wished to offload him there probably would be takers. Whether we would want to do so surely depends on his wages. If releasing him freed up enough for us to sign two players on out 'list' it would be tempting to try and move him. If he is relatively cheap (doubtful I would thought) then by all means keep him.
I see Arnold as another tricky decision. Based on his performances this season he will probably be of interest to a few clubs. Players in that position will try to secure a multi year contract which means to keep him that is what we would have to offer him. Do we want to risk the cost of a multi year deal on a player of his age and injury record? I would not but I suspect I might be in the minority!
Money, money, money!
We have wasted too much of it in the recent past but seem to be making an effort to spend more wisely under the present regime.
Long may that continue!

Released players by other clubs:

Bolton

Alex Baptiste, Andrew Tutte, Nathan Delfouneso, Liam Edwards, Liam Gordon, Reiss Greenidge, Matty Alexander and Jay Fitzmartin

Doncaster

Cameron John (ex Southend), Fejiri Okenabirhie, Dan Gardner, Branden Horton, Ed Williams, AJ Greaves and Lirak Hasani

Shrewsbury

Ethan Ebanks-Landell, Shaun Whalley, Aaron Pierre, Joshua Daniels, David Davis and Cameron Gregory

Morecambe

Rhys Bennett, Toumani Diagouraga, Greg Leigh, Jacob Mensah and Freddie Price.

AS i have stated twice now in threads ,Number 1 priority is to get a major sponsor on board ,that will provide the club with some funds to sign the type of players we need to really push for promotion. Its about time the county of ESSEX had a really good football club.
I agree that's very important and confess to having dreamed about it for years having watched it happen to other lower league clubs
We seem destined for it not to come our way, in terms of a very rich sponsor or group, or the equivalent of Elon Musk and of course we have witnessed so many other clubs collapse under the weight of debt

However I would happily settle for what seems to be happening now. Whilst no mega sponsor on the current books, Tom and Co seem to be doing a good job to reach out to a range of smaller sponsors
Other questions have been raised on here, in surprise, as to how we have funded, those we have recently paid a fee for

I thought the response to that was that we had attracted more smaller sponsors and in the interim this may be the way things are shaping up and just maybe we can attract a wider range of smaller acorns that add up to a decent sized money tree??

I suspect there will be more to come as things progress ?

Money is always an issue but looking at the players signed so far since Kev & co took over none has been expensive, and, they have been signed from leagues below us. I doubt if going for high profile names is a viable strategy for us as it would be expensive. Even if we are better off financially than some on here think we are it seems to make more sense to continue our recent strategy ie identify players with potential upside who are affordable.
That might rule out many of the players mentioned on this thread.
I would imagine money will also influence other decisions.
I was always a fan of Sim Ak but he will be on League 2 wages. He is obviously well known to the coaching staff, but, even if they appreciate his qualities does it make sense to extend the contract of a thirty year old player on League 2 wages coming back from a long term injury?
You would only do so if you saw him as an absolutely key to your plans. You would not extend if his role was to compete for a place in the squad against players earning far less as it would be a complete waste of money. This would be much better spent trying to sign a player you saw as an automatic first choice.
Murphy is another potential quandary. He is proven goalscorer but is seemingly less durable with each passing year. If we wished to offload him there probably would be takers. Whether we would want to do so surely depends on his wages. If releasing him freed up enough for us to sign two players on out 'list' it would be tempting to try and move him. If he is relatively cheap (doubtful I would thought) then by all means keep him.
I see Arnold as another tricky decision. Based on his performances this season he will probably be of interest to a few clubs. Players in that position will try to secure a multi year contract which means to keep him that is what we would have to offer him. Do we want to risk the cost of a multi year deal on a player of his age and injury record? I would not but I suspect I might be in the minority!
Money, money, money!
We have wasted too much of it in the recent past but seem to be making an effort to spend more wisely under the present regime.
Long may that continue!
I take most of your points but you only need to look at Stockport and Wrexham, as probably the favourites to gain promotion this season. They’ve splashed the money and if you add to that the likes of Chesterfield and Notts County you can see the importance of a big cheque book. Then there are probably 5 or 6 other clubs that have attracted NL seasoned players to their ranks and have no doubt improved their competitiveness, but these players don’t come cheap.

Of course a big budget should give you an advantage but it guarantees nothing.
When we were relegated to the National League from League 2 was our budget one of the smallest in the league? We were told not.
When earlier this season yet another relegation looked possible was it because we had one of the lowest budgets in the NL. I think not.
Being well organised and spending wisely can take you a long way.
What is in place now suggests to me we are moving in the right direction. A few more additions on top of what we already have as well as a proper preseason should make us competitive.
We are all hoping some incomings can seriously boost the strength of our playing squad and you have to believe our recent signings will really benefit from a full preseason as they were part timers before. Moving up a league in the pyramid would also have demanded an adjustment from them and the experience already gained should make them more effective next season.
Our age profile is also so much better than before
I doubt if we will be splashing money around to try and compete with the clubs you mentioned.
It is not always about the best players but it is usually about the right players.
I doubt if we will see a significant sponsor in place next season but at the moment I remain reasonably optimistic about our prospects.

I might be sounding a little biased because I know a bit about him but Cam John would be a class player, fits the young model (22), can play lcb plus lwb so would fit our system. Is quite similar to Ralph actually. Has a decent turn of pace.

But if we were top get him I'd imagine it would be later on in the window as I'm sure he'd wait to see if he could get an offer from higher up. But maybe him having history at the club could help us. Anyway will be interesting to see where he goes...

I take most of your points but you only need to look at Stockport and Wrexham, as probably the favourites to gain promotion this season. They’ve splashed the money and if you add to that the likes of Chesterfield and Notts County you can see the importance of a big cheque book. Then there are probably 5 or 6 other clubs that have attracted NL seasoned players to their ranks and have no doubt improved their competitiveness, but these players don’t come cheap.

Was speaking to a few Wrexham fans after the game last Saturday.

They were keen to point out that their sponsorship deal with TiK Tok was worth 2.5 million and that shirt sales had topped 11k this season.

This has meant that wages and transfers had been completely covered without any need for their famous owners to dip into their own pocket as of yet.

They are also completely renovating the stadium over the next few seasons.

Exciting times for then for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back