• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunday Night Virtual Pub Quiz - Week 3

Just wanted to garner some more interest for the 3rd week of the online pub quiz that's been held in the online SZ chat-room (for those who don't know how to access this part of the Zone, the link is here. The quiz will start at 8.30pm, so if those who want to take part can be in the chat room 5 minutes before to partake in some pre-quiz banter.

Myself & my Mrs have offered, following 2 weeks of podium performances, to set the questions for this week and thought it would be quite cool to set a lyrics quiz, the questions relate to songs from 70s, 80s, 90s & 00s and cover various genres so everybody gets a chance (I know some people on here think my musical views are fairly narrow so some of the songs obviously don't reflect what I think is credible ;) )

We will give you the year of the song (to try & minimise any potential issues in respect of if any cover versions have been subsequently released) and then a line, or two, of each track. The first 3 people to provide both the artist AND the song title correctly, get 3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd.

There are 30 standard questions, with 5 bonus (slightly more obscure) questions dotted through the quiz and the first person to again get both artist and title correct will earn an extra 5 points.

The first 2 weeks have been a lot of fun and if you find yourself at a loose end on Sunday evening, feel free to pop in and enjoy yourself.

Cheers,
Richard

Top work Rich ...and as luck would have it for the masses, I will once again be scoring ....

Get in there people it is a great night..:)

Looking forward to it Rich,

And regards your PM, yes i will scan through them to see what i think in the car on the way to Trany on Saturday morning

:whistling:

;)

Can I point out for legal purposes that if for any reason Mr or Mrs Aberdeen do well in this quiz, there will be NO prior assistance given from me!

Can I point out for legal purposes that if for any reason Mr or Mrs Aberdeen do well in this quiz, there will be NO prior assistance given from me!

Good statement......do you reckon they swallowed it??

;)

at last a music quiz! but alas i wont be there to finish 3rd or 4th this week as the time has come to move from roots hall towers over the weekend.

at last a music quiz! but alas i wont be there to finish 3rd or 4th this week as the time has come to move from roots hall towers over the weekend.

That's a shame, I had you down as one of the favourites in the early betting odds for this week!

Say it ain't so brother! I guess the Enforcer will have to fight alone this week.

haha would have been worth an each way bet at least! maybe there will have to be an impromptu music quiz at the spread next week

haha would have been worth an each way bet at least! maybe there will have to be an impromptu music quiz at the spread next week

Quick one for you then. Who sang the original of 'Seasons in the Sun'?

Well at least someone else will get a chance of wining!!!

You going to miss the towers??

Well at least someone else will get a chance of wining!!!

You going to miss the towers??

of of ourse man, i moved in here with an ex a couple of years ago and lived on my own here for about a year, now the time has come to move in with someone new, best or a fresh start

Back