• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sunderland tickets

Wasn't Morecambe away also to reach the play offs free travel or was it Burton?

The Alan Ball memorial game was one I will never forget - us joining in with them signing his name, in fact, IIRC, we started it. They applauded us at the end of the game and they applauded us all the way out of Southampton along the roads.

Adam Barrett scored the first goal - I remember the baby celebration as his wife had just had their young Harrison - and we had a moment of hope.
Yep that Southampton game away will be one I’ll always remember and one of my top games, atmosphere was brilliant :Thumbs up:

When I first saw this season's fixtures I genuinely thought that it would be fabulous if we were both in the play-off auto mix for that game. I have to say that the thought didn't take too long to be dispelled. I'm still looking forward to the game, but then I always do for all home games.

Well its possible that you might still get your dream final game of the season.

We could both be fighting for all 3 points. They could need them to finish 2nd and us to finish 5th.....From bottom

Well its possible that you might still get your dream final game of the season.

We could both be fighting for all 3 points. They could need them to finish 2nd and us to finish 5th.....From bottom

Because we are so useless at the moment, I think a lot of Southend fans would take that at the moment. Just to be in with a chance to stay up last game. Not ideal, and a shocking state of affairs.

This game should really kick of at midday. I forsee a lot of grief it either team have anything left to play for.
There's a precedent in Bournemouth v Leeds on may Bank holiday 1990. Leeds needing to win to get promotion and Bournemouth I think already down. That didn't go well and the similarities are there for certain

I really don’t think we will accumulate 3 points in just one game - got to take 6 weeks minimum I think

Because we are so useless at the moment, I think a lot of Southend fans would take that at the moment. Just to be in with a chance to stay up last game. Not ideal, and a shocking state of affairs.
Surely any sane Southend fan would take that right this minute with the injuries/general poor performances of late?. I wouldn't be surprised if Rochdale away was the game that sent us down.

We will probably be relegated by the last game and then beat Sunderland with the players giving a decent performance when it's meaningless

The week before we play them, their last home game is against Portsmouth.
Reckon that will be the game which will determine whether they need to win down here, to automatically go up.

I would say:-
Likelihood of being down before Sunderland game 40%
Likelihood of being safe before Sunderland game 5%
Therefore, 55% probability of us being uncertain about which division we will be playing in next season before we take on the Mackems.
Probably a similar likelihood for them coming into that game as well (either automatics or play-offs).
If so, will definitely be Sky's live game.

I would say:-
Likelihood of being down before Sunderland game 40%
Likelihood of being safe before Sunderland game 5%
Therefore, 55% probability of us being uncertain about which division we will be playing in next season before we take on the Mackems.
Probably a similar likelihood for them coming into that game as well (either automatics or play-offs).
If so, will definitely be Sky's live game.
I honestly can't remember - do they show any live games when other league games are playing at the same time? Or is that rule strictly related to 3pm on Saturdays?

Why don't they just stream the game back to The Stadium of Light, a bit like we did a couple of years ago against Col Ewe away and streamed it back to Roots Hall on a big screen in front of the main stand?

Or even better stream it to St James' Park. :Smile:

Back