• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

Yes, but you go on and on and on and on..it does not make your point stronger.
Perhaps it's a sign of the frustration we are all feeling but none of us can really do anything about it........a great club with a great history and fantastic fans all just watching and speculating about our future and if we really have one?
At the very least let's all stick together........

I would be amazed if Stan wasn't asking the question to his many contacts. All the ingredients are there for someone or more likely a consortium to take over. If and I know it's an if all goes to plan you will have a state of the art training ground, new stadium an owner who will be in his mid 70s and will have had enough and a chairman's son who is not mad enough to take hold of the reins. Add the already committed fans plus potential the only issue will be the price.
And at that point you suggest, I agree. But until such a time Ron will do as he pleases rightly or wrongly!

After waiting since 2006 when Martin bought Delancy's shareholding in Southend United. What's another few years maximum to get hold of the whole pot of gold. So struggle through and get the full pot, or sell out and sacrifice a large chunk of his pot. It's always been obvious that he's been holding out all this time for his full reward. He may or may not have borrowed from family, friends or acquaintances, who knows Ron's secret dealings. He keeps his cards very close to his chest. Now work has started and both councils are onside, he can see the light at the end of the tunnel. So I just can't see him selling out to anyone at a cut price figure. Demonstrations at his house or at Roots Hall will shine a light on what's happening at our club, but will not get him out. We are stuck with him until the Fossetts development is far enough done for him to cash in and sod off.
This is it in a nutshell and could have economised 55 pages of posts! As much as it pains us, all we can do is pray that Martin succeeds.............and as soon as possible. If he goes to the wall, so do we. Some talk of heroics and a phoenix club rising from the ashes. That's certainly not my preference and it's very likely I'd be buried before the return to the League is completed.

This is it in a nutshell and could have economised 55 pages of posts! As much as it pains us, all we can do is pray that Martin succeeds.............and as soon as possible. If he goes to the wall, so do we. Some talk of heroics and a phoenix club rising from the ashes. That's certainly not my preference and it's very likely I'd be buried before the return to the League is completed.
Yes that would normally be the case however what I'd like to see is an agreement in place with the national league that new owners given a period of grace , because of RM refusal to sell up despite being technically insolvent..especially if they lodge an intention to take on the clubs obligations .
All governing bodies should stop punishing club supporters and concentrate on the disenfranchisement of wronguns ..

What’s the current situation with the staffs wages to date?
If some kind soul could update me please, just been so busy with work lately . Thank you.

Surely the club surviving is a result with The Trust input
It's a tiny drop into the ocean of what is needed to keep the club afloat each month. I fully appreciate all the work the Trust do, but I can't help feeling the members would rather it was used as a fighting fund (still...up to them and their members, I suppose !)

I would be amazed if Stan wasn't asking the question to his many contacts. All the ingredients are there for someone or more likely a consortium to take over. If and I know it's an if all goes to plan you will have a state of the art training ground, new stadium an owner who will be in his mid 70s and will have had enough and a chairman's son who is not mad enough to take hold of the reins. Add the already committed fans plus potential the only issue will be the price.

Ron intends on leasing these new facilities to the club as part of his legacy. That alone makes it a terribly unattractive option without highlighting the lack of facilities in a 3 sided stadium which would need large financial outlay from the start. The development was far more attractive and could still be right now for investors, although he won't even entertain interest.

It's a tiny drop into the ocean of what is needed to keep the club afloat each month. I fully appreciate all the work the Trust do, but I can't help feeling the members would rather it was used as a fighting fund (still...up to them and their members, I suppose !)
You would just get people saying "what are the Trust doing" over and over again.

The Trust can't win, whatever they do, there will be people criticising.

As a Trust member I'm glad they stepped in and paid some bills that, had they gone unpaid, may well have seen the club unable to put games on or get in hot water with the NL. It's unsustainable in the long term to keep doing that of course, but all the evidence/planning permission/training ground etc suggests that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Incurring a points deduction now, or getting chucked out of the league may spite Ron Martin but it would also not make any sense whatsoever.

Not suggesting for one moment it isn't a very tricky dilemma but I stand by what the Trust has done.

What’s the current situation with the staffs wages to date?
If some kind soul could update me please, just been so busy with work lately . Thank you.
That is one of life’s big mysteries!!!
If they haven’t been paid, I am sure it would have been leaked on here. But if they have been paid I’m am equally sure that would have been leaked too!!
Neither has been mentioned.

As I said “it’s a mystery”. 🤪🤪

Ron intends on leasing these new facilities to the club as part of his legacy. That alone makes it a terribly unattractive option without highlighting the lack of facilities in a 3 sided stadium which would need large financial outlay from the start. The development was far more attractive and could still be right now for investors, although he won't even entertain interest.
As I've said before, given the amount Ron stands to make from this deal (assuming it all comes off) then it wouldn't hurt him to gift the stadium to the club.

As I've said before, given the amount Ron stands to make from this deal (assuming it all comes off) then it wouldn't hurt him to gift the stadium to the club.
What does gift the stadium to the club actually mean? Basically whoever buys the club owns the stadium? If so I will buy the club, transfer the stadium to a new entity, mortgage it to the hilt and spend the rest of my life on holiday while charging Southend £2M a year rent. Absolute winner, winner...

If he really wants to gift the stadium then it needs to be gifted to the Shrimper Trust, who then let whoever owns the club manage the running of it in return for zero rent.

But it's a moot point as he won't be gifting it to anyone!

What does gift the stadium to the club actually mean? Basically whoever buys the club owns the stadium? If so I will buy the club, transfer the stadium to a new entity, mortgage it to the hilt and spend the rest of my life on holiday while charging Southend £2M a year rent. Absolute winner, winner...

If he really wants to gift the stadium then it needs to be gifted to the Shrimper Trust, who then let whoever owns the club manage the running of it in return for zero rent.

But it's a moot point as he won't be gifting it to anyone!
No they don't. The last meeting I watched online he said he would continue to own the stadium and charge rent that would not be paid. However, that was assuming he owned the club. You can be sure that should he sell the club that rent would become due, unless the club owned the stadium.

Back