• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

No they don't. The last meeting I watched online he said he would continue to own the stadium and charge rent that would not be paid. However, that was assuming he owned the club. You can be sure that should he sell the club that rent would become due, unless the club owned the stadium.
We need to hope he sells not just the club but the stadium/training ground to the next incumbent. We need ron gone completely to move forward.

The Roots Hall Stadium was originally purchased and built by the "Southend United Supporters Club" back in 1953/54 the predecessor of "The Shrimpers Trust".

The "Southend United Supporters Club" subsequently gave with no charge to "The Southend United Football Club Ltd" the Roots Hall Stadium.

As "The Southend United Football Club Ltd" never paid for the stadium and were never charged any rent, it would be fitting if "The Southend United Football Club Ltd" returned the stadium or replacement stadium at Fossetts Farm to "The Shrimpers Trust" free of any charge for the benefit of the club and its supporters.

That is absolutely shocking and just shows you the contempt of the man.
These people have mortgages and families to care for
Does he really think goodwill pays the bills and puts food on your table. Bet he has his heating on indoors and his hot dinners.
This man is just unbelievable to treat people like this.
It makes me so angry and powerless

For arguments sake, if hes found guilty at his alleged VAT fraud trial & gets a jail sentence, what would happen then?.
He won't be as the case was dropped by HMRC a while ago, insufficient evidence, I believe. The man lives a charmed life.

Does he really think goodwill pays the bills and puts food on your table. Bet he has his heating on indoors and his hot dinners.
Offer to cook for him @Tinks, that would probably do the trick :Winking: .

I know mate, I’m so tired of fighting this battle

He won't be as the case was dropped by HMRC a while ago, insufficient evidence, I believe. The man lives a charmed life.
Obviously i didn't know that!. But for HMRC to have alleged that initially, you'd have thought they'd done their research, & gathered enough evidence to have charged him in the first place?.

Obviously i didn't know that!. But for HMRC to have alleged that initially, you'd have thought they'd done their research, & gathered enough evidence to have charged him in the first place?.

I wonder whose money paid for his legal representatives?.

It sounded bizarre from the start. What was it £4.5m in unpaid VAT. So the deal must have been over £20m.....Not a figure easy to hide or not going to be investigated.

Back