• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bielzibubz

President
Now I've tended to keep a low profile of late around here, together with a few others too judging by the looks of things but after Saturdays peformance and reding some of the comments made sinse it got me to wondering just what were peoples expectations for the season just a few short weeks ago. Many, if not the majority, were wondering if we'd have a team start the season let alone get to the dizzy heights of 11th in the table just a few short weeks later. Now I read comments like 'we really should be beating teams like Morecome' and the like. After all the recent and not so recent turmoil at the club I'm just glad to have a team to support and when you consider that a team with three, perhaps four, new players can take weeks to he'll and play to it's full potential is it any wonder that we see the kind of errors we've witnessed of late. In my opinion no.
Taking everything in to consideration that's happened on the playing side of things these last three months and I for one am not under any illusions whatsoever of the task the manager and the players have. If we can finish mid table with a stable squad that's going in the right general direction then I'll be more than happy but judging by some of the comments I've seen recently I get the impression that some feel that anything less than the play offs will be a failure

Agree 100% with your post, my only gripe, particularly after Saturday is with the team selection from the players that we have available. I fully accept it will take time to get everyone to gel together, I would just like us to explore all our options and make a few changes to find our best eleven.

Agree 100% with your post, my only gripe, particularly after Saturday is with the team selection from the players that we have available. I fully accept it will take time to get everyone to gel together, I would just like us to explore all our options and make a few changes to find our best eleven.

Agree, pretty much been said to death but i'm sorry, Sturrock is not football league quality. End of.

That's all well and good but something Ron said last season still plays on my mind: "Relegation would be fatal". He soon seemed to forget about that but I wonder what failure to get promoted would mean for the wider plans for the club, bearing in mind the Sainsbury money will run out...

Agree, pretty much been said to death but i'm sorry, Sturrock is not football league quality. End of.

You may be right, but I'd say, he isn't a league or non league goal scoring centre forward, because he doesn't score.
He is a squad player and when squad players don't perform they should be swapped. PLAY SPENCER!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhrgh!

Bielzibubz

Good post. Agree with it.
I still think playoffs will be where we are at the end of the season.
UTB!

Dont expect playoffs at all.
Always thought after everything that happened mid table league 2 is the goal.
hardly sparks the imagination tho does it!
just hope bielzibubz isnt asking this question in 5 years time and were still in league 2

There is more chance of you going bald than us reaching the play off's OBD.

I'll take 22nd at the moment.

Anyone that honestly thinks we can make the play offs needs to see a shrink.

should change your name to "playoffs" dave!

You might ridicule my thoughts Strykr and Cricko, but when we are firmly in the playoffs by christmas the apologies will come flooding in. ;)
Just remember my fellow SZers we are only three points away, and if we had beaten Morecambe we would have been in the playoffs, I do believe. Then you would all be agreeing with me! I love football!

Will gladly take safety now. Will never make the play offs without a more potent attacking threat and a steady, tougher back 4. We have a team of players who are mainly rejects from other clubs and its pretty obvious in some cases why their previous clubs werent rushing to them with a new contract. I would reckon 12th or 13th is probably where we'll end up. What happens next season when the money has run out again is anyones guess.

staying in the football league is the main priority , only a few months ago there was talk of an Afc Southend and who we'd all watch if we folded ( but the play off's would be nice :clap:)

I genuinely hope for some interesting and exciting games, survival and maybe a nice little earner in fa cup 3rd round ala chelsea the other season.

staying in the football league is the main priority , only a few months ago there was talk of an Afc Southend and who we'd all watch if we folded ( but the play off's would be nice :clap:)

And only a couple of games back we where talking about how we have such a solid back four, and a quality midfield and just one 15 + striker off promotion. So crazy how things pan out!

Don't be silly lads!

Up the Blues!!!!!!

You might ridicule my thoughts Strykr and Cricko, but when we are firmly in the playoffs by christmas the apologies will come flooding in. ;)
Just remember my fellow SZers we are only three points away, and if we had beaten Morecambe we would have been in the playoffs, I do believe. Then you would all be agreeing with me! I love football!

We are also 2 points of the bottom.

We are also 2 points of the bottom.

Yep and even if we are in a relegation spot in the next couple of games, there is nothing stopping us from climbing up the league! I'm not influenced much by results every week anymore. Things can change so much. The lads have shown we have got something. That 'something' doesn't just disappear after losing to 'last seasons playoff side'

Back