• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

hi five to your son...there no place for that,be it footy or society..good luck to you...and your wife,good luck!!
...I do remeber what my dad said to me...son,manners cost you nothing...but hey!! that you a long way!!

From where I sit Low down in V I heard nothing racist. Whether that was the ****ing drum drowning it out only God will know. By all means have a drumbeat to get the BV going but it would be much more effective and rhythmic to play the drum rather than trying to beat seven tons of **** out of the bloody thing !

I'll be the old fart at the next game with ear defenders on.

They sound better than Gilbert. :unsure:

Well, let me see, now.
Are sheep a race, no, they're a species;
is being a sheep a religion, no;
is being a sheep a creed, no;
for it to be gender would have to state whether ram or ewe so, no;
sexual orientation in a sheep, mmm, difficult call but probably impossible to tell, so on balance, no.

Sorry, looks like it's still open season on you six-fingered, web-toed inbreds..... :COL U: :winking:

Thought so :sad: :winking:

I have fortunately only witnessed racism at 2 Southend games in the past, once at Fuham towards Leon Roget by an SUFC fan, unfortunately for the fan he was carried off on a stretcher shortly after. The other occasion again in a cup match this time at Chesterfield, having uttered the racist comment the offender decided not to have another go. At least Tuesday nights racist comments cannot be by our resident number one racist, I can vouch that he does not attend games, well because of his hard line views.

All credit to your son Cockle 43, throughout my teenage years I was racially abused ( in the 70’s)
As you get older it hurts less.

It was definitely more prevalent then. I'm really taken aback if I hear it these days but you seem to imply that you still encounter it?

I did have the misfortune today to hear one guy behind me saying something about "the zoo" when 3 of the Barnet stewards were talking to one of our fans. Which I thought was a little unnecessary

On rare occasions on the train home late at night Liverpool St to Hockley.
Got spat at the other day at Holborn station in the morning – You just gotta
Get on with it. I have great friends and family and I'm pretty successful therefore,
You just accept.

I have fortunately only witnessed racism at 2 Southend games in the past, once at Fuham towards Leon Roget by an SUFC fan, unfortunately for the fan he was carried off on a stretcher shortly after. The other occasion again in a cup match this time at Chesterfield, having uttered the racist comment the offender decided not to have another go. At least Tuesday nights racist comments cannot be by our resident number one racist, I can vouch that he does not attend games, well because of his hard line views.

Definitely heard monkey noises directed at Moussa at Stoke in the Championship when he was warming up.....it does no-one any credit these days at all, just proves the neanderthal qualities of some football supporters.

Back