• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I reckon he will throw barnett straight in. Him and hunt could be a great pairing.

With the new injuries, my team would now be;

Bentley
O'Neil Thompson Prosser Coker
Worrall Leonard Timlin
Payne
Hunt Barnett

With McLaughlin/Atkinson potentially out I think it's difficult to play 4-4-2. I don't think it's justified to put Hurst in ahead of Payne for example, but would have put McLaughlin in for this one if he was fit.

With the new injuries, my team would now be;

Bentley
O'Neil Thompson Prosser Coker
Worrall Leonard Timlin
Payne
Hunt Barnett

With McLaughlin/Atkinson potentially out I think it's difficult to play 4-4-2. I don't think it's justified to put Hurst in ahead of Payne for example, but would have put McLaughlin in for this one if he was fit.

I thought I read on the OS that Leonard was doubtful also, so bearing that in mind, who would you have in his place if so?

No it isnt really looking too good on the injury front.
I think he had a glandular fever or something like that, If he does start, Im guessing his gonna have some breathing problems that will effect his performance.
However, in hindsight.. I think your right in your call,..... Deegan "the beast" might be the ideal choice to start to give some heavy muscle to the defensive / midfield play, and then play Leonard later on as a sub to inject some direct forward play.

O Neii, Thompson, Bolger and Coker across the back for me. I really like Prosser and think he has often had a tough deal, certainly would hate to see him go, but get the feeling Bolger is just waiting to be outstanding and continue to fulfill his potential?

If Swindon play Smith up front we need Bolger in there. Smith is a very tall player and Bolger is the best in the air, so I think he might get the nod alongside Thompson. Then again if O'Neil plays he is going to need an experienced head at the back to keep him in check. Because the previous two games he played he was dreadful and needed speaking to.

The defence aside, I think the game will be won or lost in the midfield and I think he will go back to the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system. To be honest, even if he doesn't go back to it today, he will do eventually. He likes that formation.

No it isnt really looking too good on the injury front.

Injuries and illnesses! sometimes these disappear in teams that have won a few on the spin.
I have little doubt that there are genuine maladies involved; and also that some players like Tims will want to play no matter what; others maybe not so keen. Phil will be learning lots about his squad.
Those that play today will know that a good performance could keep them in the starting 11 for a good run of games.

Today is the day that whoever come into the first team like O'Neil will put in a good performance to stay into the side for next game!

I think it's will be 600-800 away fans will turn up.

I reckon it'll be:
Bentley,
O'Neill, Thompson, Prosser, Coker,
Worrall, Leonard, Deegan, Timlin,
Barnett, Hunt

If Swindon play Smith up front we need Bolger in there. Smith is a very tall player and Bolger is the best in the air, so I think he might get the nod alongside Thompson. Then again if O'Neil plays he is going to need an experienced head at the back to keep him in check. Because the previous two games he played he was dreadful and needed speaking to.

The defence aside, I think the game will be won or lost in the midfield and I think he will go back to the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system. To be honest, even if he doesn't go back to it today, he will do eventually. He likes that formation.

This may sound strange having just lost 7 - 0 over two games, but don't you think a lot of our games have been lost in midfield through either giving the ball away, not protecting the CB's or not tracking back?

This may sound strange having just lost 7 - 0 over two games, but don't you think a lot of our games have been lost in midfield through either giving the ball away, not protecting the CB's or not tracking back?

Yes I totally agree. There's been no cover for the CB's and because we concede the CB's get all the flack. Our midfielders just haven't got to the second balls. It's somethingthat needs to be addressed.

I reckon it'll be:
Bentley,
O'Neill, Thompson, Prosser, Coker,
Worrall, Leonard, Deegan, Timlin,
Barnett, Hunt

I think you're probably right. Possibly Hurst might start in front of Worrall who's been pretty poor in the last two games. I'm not a huge fan of Timlin in a wide position, I feel he drifts inside too much and could leave Coker exposed, however there's not many other options if McLaughlin's out.

I reckon it will be :-

Bentley, Smith (T), Smith (P)
O'Neill, Thompson, Prosser, Bolger, Barrett, Coker, Deegan, Timlin

I think Prosser is better than Bolger in the air. He can certainly get greater distance with defensive headers, you only have to watch the pre match warm ups to see.

I think you're probably right. Possibly Hurst might start in front of Worrall who's been pretty poor in the last two games. I'm not a huge fan of Timlin in a wide position, I feel he drifts inside too much and could leave Coker exposed, however there's not many other options if McLaughlin's out.
Completely agree that Timlin is better central, but think Brown will go as defensive as possible and Timlin allows that more than any other choice. Suppose the alternative would be Worrall on the left and Hurst on the right. Plus Timlin wide allows Deegan the opportunity to start.

I thought Worrall done ok when he come on against Donny.

I agree about Timlin though, don't really like it when he plays on the left of a 4-4-2.

I understand your point but is it not a case that we just made some bad, poor mistakes; and we defended very deep and almost invited the opposition onto us as we had almost no outlet as the mids were on top of the backs and no forwards with a hope of holding the high hoofs forward which came straight back?
Wasn't it Boycott who said "if you play for a draw then you can only draw or lose"? we played to defend and as a consequence could not get forward and once behind the game plan was gone.
Hopefully Barnett and Hunt will give us some bite.............if they get passed to:unsure:

Back