• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-34950778

Think this topic now deserves its own dedicated thread.

Always been impressed by Mark Rylance -either on the stage or in front of the cameras.

Good video here on which countries are actually bombing in Syria already.Must be getting fairly crowded in Syrian air space.

(PS Can a mod.correct the spelling of air in the title please)?

Edit.Thanks!

Last edited:
The number of over flights may be high but the actual number of strikes is much, much lower than that and sometimes single figured in strikes.
AND as an example of a full air offensive there were often over 90 PER DAY in 1999 on Kosovo/Serbia and that did force the Serbs to withdraw from Kosovo and allow the UNMIK ground forces under General Jackson to move, unopposed from Macedonia.
In my view the current US/UK/French & Co efforts is very limited, and the cynic might say it is designed to prolong the conflict for long term weakening of all sides party to the ground war and assist intel gathering by having it as a central gathering focus for radicals.

The number of over flights may be high but the actual number of strikes is much, much lower than that and sometimes single figured in strikes.
AND as an example of a full air offensive there were often over 90 PER DAY in 1999 on Kosovo/Serbia and that did force the Serbs to withdraw from Kosovo and allow the UNMIK ground forces under General Jackson to move, unopposed from Macedonia.
In my view the current US/UK/French & Co efforts is very limited, and the cynic might say it is designed to prolong the conflict for long term weakening of all sides party to the ground war and assist intel gathering by having it as a central gathering focus for radicals.

Here's what the people of Raqqua think about the bombing of their city.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/29/raqqa-exiles-bashar-al-assad-isis-bombing

Last edited:
o-CASE-FOR-BOMBING-SYRIA-ISIS-570.jpg

World leaders gather to save the planet from a rising climate.

World leaders bomb the crap out of the ME.

Hmmmmm.

I am sure that the air strikes will get the go ahead; however will it be worded as only on ISIS targets or include support strikes against Assad's forces too?
The hardest guess is when ground operations will be officially sanctioned: beyond the speculated, current Special Forces and Training umbrella/cover.

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

He was right.

Shame the Labour party and its stubbornly blind supporters don't take note. You might have had enough MP's to stop the bombing.

Albert Einstein said the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.

He was right.

It's a no win situation. When we bomb, innocent people will get killed. On the other hand, they estimate that every ISIS/ISIL fighter, whatever you want to call them, on an average is murdering Ten innocent people. So if you kill 100 ISIL fighters, you save the lives of roughly 1000 innocent people.
There are many good reasons to bomb, and many good reasons not to bomb.

He was right.

And William Edward Hickson said:

'Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again.

He was right.

And William Edward Hickson said:

'Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again.

He was right.

Yes but I'm sure William Edward Hickson wasn't talking about the (accidental?) death of innocent men, women and children.

Yes but I'm sure William Edward Hickson wasn't talking about the (accidental?) death of innocent men, women and children.

That isn't my point. My point is that we can all find quotes to back up our argument.

Apparently there's also no proof that Einstein ever said that!

I know you've done the blame Bush and Blair bit and the its all the fault of Western policy. But from this point on what would be your solutions to stop the situation in Syria and the threat in Europe.

I am sure that the air strikes will get the go ahead; however will it be worded as only on ISIS targets or include support strikes against Assad's forces too?
The hardest guess is when ground operations will be officially sanctioned: beyond the speculated, current Special Forces and Training umbrella/cover.
ISIL only according to what is being put to Parliament. And no ground troops, just bombing.....

Shame the Labour party and its stubbornly blind supporters don't take note. You might have had enough MP's to stop the bombing.

Surely you mean the PLP "might have had enough MP's to stop the bombing". if there'd been a three-line whip in today's vote.

As it is, I hope the 50 or so Labour MP's expected to vote with the government later today, will be held to account (if things go wrong in Syria,as I expect them to) in the future.

I know you've done the blame Bush and Blair bit and the its all the fault of Western policy. But from this point on what would be your solutions to stop the situation in Syria and the threat in Europe.

Not murdering innocent people who then begin to hate the very people that are supposed to be helping them would be a start.

Back