• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I suggest you volunteer yourself for drum duties as they are so out of tune, I am sure you can do so much better.

Yes. I think we should have a "Drum off"

Maybe for the last home game of the season, we can get some interested drummers together, each get's 10 minutes to get the atmosphere going.

Then we can have a vote on here on who the best was?

Winner takes the sticks for next season?

Will we get enough people to fill nine 10 minute slots though? There seems to be plenty on here, that like to have a pop at TBV and/or the incumbents involved. So let's see you step up to the plate (or drum)....

Don't all rush at once though. Please form an orderly queue.

Oh and one final thing. I believe the current incumbent on the drum really does not want to be doing it. He is getting too old and is only doing it as no other is volunteering. Someone save him and RH from this terrible noise. Please....

Last edited:
I am more of your Cozy Powell type of drummer so on that note I'm out.

[video=youtube;NO_fx1WshCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO_fx1WshCA[/video]

Now now young Smiffy, you're taking it much too personally. The atmosphere all round the ground has improved no end since BV moved down the front. I would advocate that the drum is actually superfluous to requirements. You may not realise this in the heat of battle but you have double or more people joining in on a non-drum backed chant. We never needed a drum in the North and the acoustics from where BV now are to where they were before are ten times better and also you are visible to the South and East. Now some of U&V are joining in the songs.

One other point to consider is that ST holders have been sitting in the same seats for seasons FACT and one day BV decided to move en masse. These people will probably choose to sit elsewhere next season but that is on an informed choice. Much as you might find it hard to understand a large percentage of supporters choose to follow the team in a different way to BV. BV isn't the right way nor is theirs. It is just different. Just try taking the drum on Sat but not using it unless it really is a morgue.

For all BV efforts Roots Hall was a morgue after the team took their foot of the gas on Tuesday. It was a morgue because the game had effectively finished as a spectacle until Barnet pulled a goal back.

Don't get me wrong I REALLY admire the efforts of BV and the fact that no-one else volunteers for the drum. I'm just stating an informed opinion on behalf of the V block old farts which I have recently joined.

Tell ya what, if you can't get an atmosphere going without the drum (3-0 down doesn't count) I'll join the BV for the next home game.

I took my boy & girl twins at the merry age of 3 to an LDV cup game, really nondescipt, they loved it!
They people-watched alot, instead of watching the ball, but hey we're used to even the players doing that at Southend!
Go for it Dave, mine are now 6, the boy is a seaso but can't go tomorrow but my daughter is willing to fill in.

Now now young Smiffy, you're taking it much too personally. The atmosphere all round the ground has improved no end since BV moved down the front. I would advocate that the drum is actually superfluous to requirements. You may not realise this in the heat of battle but you have double or more people joining in on a non-drum backed chant. We never needed a drum in the North and the acoustics from where BV now are to where they were before are ten times better and also you are visible to the South and East. Now some of U&V are joining in the songs.

One other point to consider is that ST holders have been sitting in the same seats for seasons FACT and one day BV decided to move en masse. These people will probably choose to sit elsewhere next season but that is on an informed choice. Much as you might find it hard to understand a large percentage of supporters choose to follow the team in a different way to BV. BV isn't the right way nor is theirs. It is just different. Just try taking the drum on Sat but not using it unless it really is a morgue.

For all BV efforts Roots Hall was a morgue after the team took their foot of the gas on Tuesday. It was a morgue because the game had effectively finished as a spectacle until Barnet pulled a goal back.

Don't get me wrong I REALLY admire the efforts of BV and the fact that no-one else volunteers for the drum. I'm just stating an informed opinion on behalf of the V block old farts which I have recently joined.

Tell ya what, if you can't get an atmosphere going without the drum (3-0 down doesn't count) I'll join the BV for the next home game.
That ORM is a good reply. Much better than the original retort which obviously grated a little on me. All comments are taken on board and if possible, changes that could benefit the atmosphere, will be tested. Such as moving to the front of W block. Tomorrow, the drum will be taking more of a back seat. Let's see if it improves things further. Lend your vocal support chaps.

Last edited:
****ing hell Smiffy. Just read the last couple of pages and didn't realise you were such a prima donna.

That's the trouble with you musical types. It may look like just banging a stick to us mere mortals, but you're an artiste and come with all the temperamental baggage.

Anyway, if only we had a professional drummer amongst our ranks, one who's paid to play to packed crowds around the world and has tasted chart success.....

Back