• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tarnished Tilly

rabbloke

Coach
Firstly, well done to the lads. Tes really is a hero! I am however disappointed in Tilly. I accept some managers actually choose to have no keeper on the bench, but they dont only have one in the squad. Here we are now having to take whatever keeper we can get. Sheer desperation. With the well known 'sods law' factor bound to strike, Tilly should already have sorted cover.

To be fair he has tried, but to no avail. It's certainly going to be tricky though, playing the side top of the league with no keeper (assuming the suspension is immediate, which I presume it will be as from what I understand there is not even potential grounds to appeal the rec card)

I wonder what Sansome is up to these days, I seem to remember him warming the bench fairly recently for us.

next Saturday should be fun

Why the *&%^ wasn't Morgan on the bench?

OK he might not be amazing, but at least he is a designated keeper. It's not as if Tilly uses many of his subs is it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (coventry shrimper @ Oct. 08 2004,23:11)]To be fair he has tried, but to no avail.  It's certainly going to be tricky though, playing the side top of the league with no keeper (assuming the suspension is immediate, which I presume it will be as from what I understand there is not even potential grounds to appeal the rec card)

I wonder what Sansome is up to these days, I seem to remember him warming the bench fairly recently for us.

next Saturday should be fun
Tried? What was he looking for, an International? We got Eastwood when we wanted someone, even though circumstances prevented his introduction and one of our existing strikers(Gray) came good. Yet a new keeper is just too much to ask for. We plucked a striker from non-league, we even brought Flahavan from Woking. Am I to believe no keeper would want to throw his hat in with Southend even if it is to warm the bench hoping for a chance, such as the one tonight?. Furthermore, was it even rational or responsible for Flavs to handle the ball when we are two-nil up and dominating. Even if he had allowed them to score I feel we had every chance of adding to our advantage. We survived through hard work and good fortune. That wont happen too often.

In fairness to Flavs I think it was a natural reaction to lift up your arms to stop the ball,however it was a definate handball and couldn't understand his reaction to a straight red

Surely now Tes is " The Black Cat "
biggrin.gif

He should be straight on the phone to Roycie in the morning methinks!

It was a risk, no doubt about it, a very stupid risk in fact, not to have a keeper on the bench and we very nearly paid for it. Hopefully this will teach Tilly not to be like Ian bloody Atkins!

To be fair to Flavs though, it was a natural reaction, and one that we see so many times by keepers. When he came off he was fuming to say the least, not at the ref (who was as dire as they come!) but at himself.

Tes is now a living legend though. What about that save full stretch to his left! Quite why they gave the M.O.M to Gray instead of him I don't know!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 08 2004,23:58)]He should be straight on the phone to Roycie in the morning methinks!
Why wait until the morning? If I were Tilly, I'd be doing 90 down the A13 now to Roycie's gaff....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Oct. 08 2004,23:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 08 2004,23:58)]He should be straight on the phone to Roycie in the morning methinks!
Why wait until the morning? If I were Tilly, I'd be doing 90 down the A13 now to Roycie's gaff....
laugh.gif

He still lives locally though doesn't he? Perhaps Tilly should pop round for an evening cocoa and a chat.
tounge.gif

MY anger was aimed at Tilly and I think its his first real gaff as boss... luckily we escaped this time...

Royce for next week please!

Can't we try and get Sheep on loan for a couple of weeks? Or is that my wishful thinking?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He still lives locally though doesn't he? Perhaps Tilly should pop round for an evening cocoa and a chat.

Yes he does he lives in Hullbridge. Someone i know lives opposite him.

The linesman gave the handball and he was in line with me and I couldn't see where it hit. I was told that the ball hit Flavs shoulder which would not be handball. Both cameras would have a clear view of the incident but did anyone have a better view than me?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ingmatt @ Oct. 08 2004,23:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He still lives locally though doesn't he? Perhaps Tilly should pop round for an evening cocoa and a chat.  

Get him/her to knock on his door then, take him in a Sarfend scarf and say welcome back. Its only 11.30. No time to waste.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 09 2004,00:28)]The linesman gave the handball and he was in line with me and I couldn't see where it hit. I was told that the ball hit Flavs shoulder which would not be handball. Both cameras would have a clear view of the incident but did anyone have a better view than me?
Definately handball terry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ingmatt @ Oct. 09 2004,00:24)]
[b said:

Apologies- I'd replace the batteries in my AA routefinder and then be doing 100 back up the A13 then 90 down Hullbridge Road...

Lee,

Ok I'll take your word on it.Didn't see you and George tonight so where were you sitting? Normal seats in East Greens?

Terry

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 08 2004,22:58)]a very stupid risk in fact, not to have a keeper on the bench and we very nearly paid for it. Hopefully this will teach Tilly not to be like Ian bloody Atkins!
b******s, and you know it. What keeper is going say, 'Yea, I'll come to Southend and sit on the bench?' No-one, and it aint worth waisting a loan signing, when we know Darryl is going to play. If we signed a loan keeper, and played him, what would be the point in Darryl being at the club?

Yes it was a risk, but life is about risks.

I have no doubt that Tilly has at least one keeper that will be prepared to come here, now that he is assured of a few games, and not just sitting on the bench.

Exactly - now they are guaranteed first team football there will be plenty of takers.

It doesnt look good for Darryl though. I'd say the loanee will now see out the time till Bart is back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 08 2004,23:51)]Flavs will only be banned for the Swansea game.
That's what I thought. The concencus in the pub after however, was that he would be banned for three games.

Back