• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Taylor or Crowther?

Crowther is a first name on the team sheet. Taylor as good as he has been he wont be rushed back unless we are desperate. But no way Crowther can be dropped even if Taylor was fit for Saturday, although assuming ollie isnt fit to play Saturday then Taylor would get back in. But i would imagine he is a long way off being available

Crowther has more of a presence and is dangerous in the oppositions area, he's strike last night was sailing in if it wasn;t for a fine save by the Keeper

I'd like to see a back 3 of Taylor, Crowther and Kensdale.

Ralph moving forward to LWB with Bridge being given a free role at the expense of Hussin or Fonguck

Nice problems for the Management to have

Would be my preferred option too.

However, this shouldn’t be a question of Crowther vs Taylor. The real discussion is Taylor vs Kensdale 🤔

When all available:
Crowther — Kensdale — Ralph

With Taylor being used at RCB vs. sides who are particularly threatening through counter-attacks or in transition, as he’s excellent at defending large spaces (although he’s been one of our POTS so far).

Reactions: JCB
Would be my preferred option too.

However, this shouldn’t be a question of Crowther vs Taylor. The real discussion is Taylor vs Kensdale 🤔
Agreed.

As I said in the other post, could be Crowther turns out to be even better than Kensdale. Which would be some going.

From what Kev said after the game, it looks like Kensdale could be out for Oldham. Kev was also complimentary of Crowther and his performances so once Taylor is fit we have proper strength in depth and cover. It only takes an injury or suspension and suddenly we're back to 3 instead of 5/6.

It's just so great to have options especially with all the midweek games coming up and the odd rest/being kept on their toes can't do any of them any harm. Nobody's position is 100% safe.

It might seem a bit unfair but if you’re injured you lose possession of the shirt. Whoever played the last match keeps the shirt if they’ve earned the right with their performance IMO.
Which shows with Wes’s better performance last night. Was poor got dropped, came back and scored. I love Noor and Cav but potentially these two need a rest as well. Cav has come back from a long lay off and played every minute to be fair to him and we’re seeing that rustiness and maybe fatigue in some of the turnovers he’s at fault for in last two games.

When we get on a run like this we do look like the real deal. A few more tweaks and additions and we’re set for a good season next year.

Back